Well as the title says this year, our 3rd returning year to the hotel, was a tad disappointing. We had a lovely sea view room but it was very small. Storage was inadequate - no chest of drawers for clothes only a cupboard in the corner which was very damp and was better used as a fridge! As we were staying for 9 nights we found it a problem. Because the room was so small there was nowhere to store our suitcases. We coped by packing them inside each other. Decor is ready for a revamp with wallpaper scraped in several places. The mattress had seen better days and I woke up every morning with an aching back. As another reviewer has noted, only pump bottles for bath/shower gel, shampoo and hand wash. As the bath/shower gel is positioned at shower height and fixed to the wall this creates problems when trying to use when having a bath, solution, a trip to the shops to buy own. Ditto shampoo. Breakfast was super over the weekend when the hotel was full but deteriorated mid week with less choice and was served on the side of dining area meaning that croissants were served cold. Got better at the weekend again! A little more choice of cooked breakfast such as black pudding, hash browns, would have made a change, especially as anything other than the 'norm' was charged extra. Car park was very busy both weekends with wedding parties in. Keys had to be left with hotel staff who moved hire car. The only thing which stopped me complaining to staff was the magnificent views we had from our room. The staff were all pleasant. However, for the first time, we came home thinking about trying another hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestling on the hillside, overlooking the yachting harbour the village of St. Aubin and the bay beyond, the views from the Somerville hotel are breathtaking. The hotel is one of the Island's finest country house hotels and is well know for its warm welcome and excellent reputation with guests appreciating its discreet location and emphasis is on indulgence and style. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, LateRooms, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Somerville Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Somerville Hotel St Aubin
- Somerville Hotel Jersey/St Aubin
- Hotel Jersey Somerville
- Somerville St Aubin