Just back from a 3 night break from this fantastic Hotel it was perfect from the booking to leaving, everything went smoothly.It was a last minute break and I phoned reception who were very friendly knowledgeable and informative about different rooms and rates, nothing more than you would expect but unfortunately seldom get these days. On arrival we were met at the car and asked if we would like a hand with our luggage, check in was good and reception showed us around the dining area, bar, and lounge. First impressions are very important and this Hotel did not disappoint, the views from the dining room were fantastic with full length glass running the entire length and only 2 tables wide everybody had this fantastic view, with gardens dropping down to the swimming pool and further to the rooftops below and then onto St.Aubins harbour and to 180 degrees view of the bay right round to St,Helier Fantastic.
We had a standard sea room which was nicely laid out with large Queen size bed to get lost in and again had the same views that we had experienced in the dining room. We didn't dine in the evenings as there are several very good restaurants to choose from in St. Aubin, but we did have a nightcap on our return, and with the bar area on a raised floor above the dining room it was very pleasant to sit there taking in the view.Again I was well impressed with the attentive and friendly service and I found the bar prices very reasonable indeed.
Breakfasts were very good, there was a buffet style for fruits croissants, and cereals and cold meats etc. and were offered a choice of hot drinks at the table and hot food orders were also taken at the table. There was an excellent choice on the menu and an additional selection which carried a £2.50 supplement which was well worth the extra, and again the staff were not only efficient they were friendly.
Check out was spot on no problems with the bill and courteous again with a help on hand to take luggage to car.
I think Dolan Hotels have done a great job with their staff , there are not many places where staff are as efficient as this but still able to be friendly and to make you feel welcome.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestling on the hillside, overlooking the yachting harbour the village of St. Aubin and the bay beyond, the views from the Somerville hotel are breathtaking. The hotel is one of the Island's finest country house hotels and is well know for its warm welcome and excellent reputation with guests appreciating its discreet location and emphasis is on indulgence and style. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, LateRooms, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Somerville Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Somerville Hotel St Aubin
- Somerville Hotel Jersey/St Aubin
- Hotel Jersey Somerville
- Somerville St Aubin