This hotel is comfortable, clean and well run, its like stepping back in time and has a hidden charm about it. The location is excellent with coastal walks behind the hotel and the old railway walk from St Aubins to the Corbiere lighthouse a short walk away.....the lavendar farm is half way along the walk and has an excellent cafe/gift shop. St Aubins is a lovely area, with good pubs, restaurants and lovely scenery, the Trafalgar was our favourite pub where Hardy once slept, there is a plaque above the chair. (Try the Liberation ale you can taste the fruit in it)
The breakfasts were very good, we did'nt eat in at the hotel but hear the food is excellent.
The Sommerville Hotel comes recommended, I would say its more for couples and the older generation, you can pick up good deals when you book on line in advance, I would stay here again but like to move about Jersey and try different locations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestling on the hillside, overlooking the yachting harbour the village of St. Aubin and the bay beyond, the views from the Somerville hotel are breathtaking. The hotel is one of the Island's finest country house hotels and is well know for its warm welcome and excellent reputation with guests appreciating its discreet location and emphasis is on indulgence and style. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Hotels.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Somerville Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Somerville Hotel St Aubin
- Somerville Hotel Jersey/St Aubin
- Hotel Jersey Somerville
- Somerville St Aubin