“stuck up”

Ranked #1 of 7 St Aubin B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“stuck up”
Reviewed 3 January 2012

we visited last sunday as we entered about 30 people just starred at us which as we were far from badly dressed i found strange stuck up locals .the menu was expensive and after about 10 mins of waiting nobody come over so give up and left certainly not welcoming

Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank gary200

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 November 2011

We had a table in the Old Court House's ‘bistro’, at the rear of the bar, because the attractive-looking restaurant next door was fully booked. Quite what made it a ‘bistro’ as opposed to an ‘overspill’ remains a mystery. The menu was exactly the same, as were the prices, but the ambience and decor were not. We were served by a humourless and harassed waitress who might have been excellent at the job had she actually wanted to be there.
Overall, the food was average, but over-priced. My partner’s vegetarian dishes were great (asparagus, followed by risotto), but my starter seemed to have come straight from the supermarket freezer, and my skate wing was one of the smallest pieces of fish I have ever been served at that kind of price (albeit very tasty and well prepared). Add some extra vegetables to make it into a proper meal, and you have one very expensive evening.

I suspect the 'proper' restaurant is very good, provided you use your discretion in selecting dishes prepared from scratch on the premises. However, if you can't get a table there, go elsewhere in St Aubin - there's plenty of choice.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank John C
Reviewed 31 October 2011

We have stayed at the OCH on numerous occasions but our last visit in October was something special. Lunching on Sunday we were given time to relax and took our table when we were ready. Joany was attentive and informative to our choice of meal and wine. We sat in a table overlooking the harbour, perfect setting. The meal was first class as was the service. We then enjoyed a fun and relaxed evening in the downstairs bar where locals and other visitor's joined us. I can't speak highly enough of this place, the staff, food, wine and location. A must for anyone visiting this beautiful island.

• Stayed October 2011
liverpool
Reviewed 22 May 2011

Only booked this hotel as others i tried fully booked, how glad i am they where. From speaking to nicola whom i booked the room with to kirsty who checked me out I have never been so welcomed in a hotel. I brought my 13 year old son to st aubins for a weekend to visit friends, we stayed in room 9 the penthouse suite. The room has two bedrooms, good size lounge, bathroom and private roof terrace/garden and is adequate for four people, tastefully decorated and plenty of space. I have stayed in a couple of the larger hotels before but would not again. Both nicola and kirsty where available to help us at all times, they provided me with the parking tickets, and gave local advise when needed. The hotel is at the end of st aubins bay has a great bar and several restuarants. My only complaint is it is fully booked when i want to return.......... I shall be back soon. Thanks for a lovely weekend. Karen and Sam

Room Tip: Room 9 biggest in the hotel
  • Stayed May 2011
Knoxville
Reviewed 4 April 2011

We stayed here during a trip to Guernsey, Jersey and France and my family actually toasted my trip-planning at dinner when I found the Old Court House Inn. It is full of character, so much so that the BBC filmed a television series in the hotel. It has incredible history that you can read about during your stay.
The service is super-friendly even by Channel Island standards and that's saying something. Krista made sure we were all taken care of even down to supplying us the book of tickets used for parking on Jersey. If you are needing more than one room, be sure to stay in the two-bedroom apartment suite. We loved it. It has a lovely living room with a view in addition to the two bedrooms and 1 bath. It also has a private balcony that you will love in nice weather. We spent a lot more money on hotels during our trip, but did not enjoy anywhere more than the Old Court House Inn.

Room Tip: Ask for the two-bedroom apartment suite
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
St Helier, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2010

Set on the beautiful Old harbour of St Aubins, the Old Courthouse is steeped in history and offers fantastic views.
I have never encountered such WONDERFUL service on my worldwide travels - the staff are great!
Pop in for the fixed price Sunday lunch - at 16.95 for three splendid courses, it's great value for money!
I have watched the local fishermen bring their days catch into the restaurant in the morning before lunch and dinner service - it doesn't get any fresher than that!

• Stayed March 2011
1 Thank lotuselanjohn
Wales
Reviewed 3 September 2009

Our friend have stayed at the Old Court House Inn several times and they like it very much.The cost of staying at this Inn is £65 per night b/breakfast in August so you would expect high standard of service and food. I have read the reviews for the evening dinning and they seem to give this establishment top marks, and I know the reason why,there is a lady in charge and she is very good. You never see her at breakfast so it is very different,the waitress does several jobs cleaning etc and takes ages to come to see you ,same for the chef he is outside watering and cleaning, I don't know about health and safety in Jersey, perhaps that's the way they do things. We were in room seven nice room overlooking the harbour, the building is very old and if windy expect the windows to rattle all night,also the boat men in the harbour start work before 8am and one guy started using his sander on the side of the boat, also the shower is pathetic apart form that we enjoyed our stay. it is possible to find accomodation for half the price for bed and breakfast on the front by the harbour The main reason our friend like this inn is because you can have a late night drink at a price before going to bed.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with friends
L'Horizon Beach Hotel & Spa
Golden Sands Hotel
Golden Sands Hotel
#9 of 16 in St Brelade

Been to The Old Court House Inn? Share your experiences!