“Go here. Seriously”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in St Aubin
London
“Go here. Seriously”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

Myself and my wife have just returned from a long weekend in Jersey staying at the Cristina and having never been before we were blown away, the island was incredible but the staff and management at the Cristina made the trip for us. From the receptionist who booked us in to Madelina in the restaurant nothing was too much trouble, every question answered with a smile and excellent local knowledge. If the staff is a reflection of the management then the manager Steve should be congraulated, though the island itself was incredible we'd have been perfectly happy spending more time in the hotel, it really was a pleasure to stay there

3 Thank lirish
Hotel_CristinaJersey, Manager at Hotel Cristina, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear lirish,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay, I am really pleased that you enjoyed yourselves and enjoyed our wonderful island.

Your feedback has been passed onto all team members, especially Madalina and the receptionists.

Tank you once again and I really look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Steve Hayes

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
Lancashire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

A great hotel in a beautiful location with stunning views over the bay. All the staff are helpful, efficient and friendly. The food in the restaurant is delicious and there are excellent restaurants in St Aubin for evening meals, accessible by a walk along the promenade or an easy bus journey. The hotel is near the bus route to St Helier and St Aubin. A super place to stay for our first visit to the lovely island of Jersey.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Ladygolfer31
Hotel_CristinaJersey, Manager at Hotel Cristina, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Dear Ladygolfer31,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. It's always nice to read of our guests positive experiences and hopefully this will be your first of many trips to Jersey and the Cristina. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Guernsey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

I have chosen this hotel based on reviews and it exceeded my expectations.

The room was recently refurbished, lovely, subtly and tastefully decorated, comfortable and fresh with all we needed. As the was no fridge the staff were more than happy to store my son's antibiotics in hotels' fridge and keep on retrieving it for us few times a day and night. And they did it all with a genuine concern (asking ''is your son ok?'' and ''is there anything else we can do for you?'').

I was literally blown away how friendly, professional and knowledgeable the team were. I know we weren't the easiest of customers, wanting something every 5 minutes, but they never made us feel that we were bothering them.

What really impressed me was a small thing - I asked for a cot and they have delivered it with the bed already made up so beautifully. I was so touched how much care went into this, as usually at the hotels we are just handed it the linen / blanket. Cristina's chambermaids made it up beautifully and actually I regret not taking a photo!

The restaurant staff were superb as well - polite & skilled, always with a smile and a helpful hand. During breakfast one of the waitresses actually came up as my son wasn't eating (he's teething so he's extra fussy) and asked if perhaps the baby would like some weetabix. It was a such thoughtful thing to ask!

As for the food - we had lunch twice, breakfast and afternoon tea. All delicious, freshly made, beautifully presented. Just faultless.

And to top it all off, I left my jacket & camera and Mr Steve Hayes kindly offered to pack it and post it to me straight away. I was utterly grateful for doing this as there were a lot of lovely memories stored on that camera.

In a nutshell, Cristina's team actually went above and beyond the call of duty, provided excellent customer support and we will definitely be back in future.

Oh, and I forgot to mention stunning views over the bay. So relaxing....!

Room Tip: rooms with balcony have stunning views and chairs / table to relax in the evening with a glass of wi...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank kitekKotek
Hotel_CristinaJersey, Manager at Hotel Cristina, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear kitekKotek,

Wow, what a great review. I'm so pleased that we impressed you so much. We were all just doing what we love and are passionate about.

Thank you so much for the review. I look forward to welcoming you all back in the near future.

Swanley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

My wife and I have just enjoyed our first trip to Jersey, it also coincided with my 60th Birthday. On choosing the Christina we were not disappointed in any way. The hotel certainly has the most stunning views of St Aubin's Bay. The rooms are very comfortable, the restaurant serves excellent meals (the views from here are also breathtaking) and the hotel staff provide exceptional customer service. Nothing is too much trouble and we experienced exceptional service from all areas be it reception, restaurant, bar, cleaner, porter and management. Would certainly put the Christina in the top two of all hotels we have stayed in to date. We intend returning to the island again and know it will only be the Christina that we will stay in. Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Balcony rooms overlooking the pool and bay vista are the very best.
2 Thank John K
Hotel_CristinaJersey, Manager at Hotel Cristina, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear John K,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review, I'm really pleased that you both had a great holiday and that you enjoyed your birthday.

I very much look forward to welcoming you both back in the near future.

Leiston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

This hotel really has the best views in Jersey, and the sun shines on it nearly all day. Staff are friendly and efficient (the pool attendant tests the chlorine levels 3 times a day!). Our one gripe was that it was up a steep hill and between St Helier and St Aubins, so there were no easy strolls to anywhere really. Eating places were a bus or car ride away - but there was a great bar and restaurant menus to choose from.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 2nd or 3rd floor - get a good view from the first floor rooms but they are are...
2 Thank Cristine C
Hotel_CristinaJersey, Manager at Hotel Cristina, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear Christine C,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review, I am really pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that you were keeping an eye on the pool attendants. I wish I could do something about the hill but that's the flip side of being in an elevated position with the best panoramic views on the island. Luckily there's a bar at the top of the climb.

Thank you once again and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a long weekend, right from arrival it's obvious the staff care, they are very helpful and nothing is too much trouble. The hotel is clean, has a great bar/ terrace area, with stunning views accross the bay. The room was clean and tidy, and had all the usual facilities, tv, hair dryer , tea/coffee facilities. Swimming pool is good, (nice and deep for once). Food was very good, breakfast is excellent with a good choice. We ate in the hotel resteraunt for two nights and the food was pretty good, (one meal (lemon sole) was over cooked with charred asparagus, but overall the food was of a very high standard).

Would def go back to this hotel!

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank Mark F
Hotel_CristinaJersey, Manager at Hotel Cristina, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear Mark F,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post such a positive review. I am so pleased that you enjoyed a warm welcome from the team here. Sorry about your Lemon Sole and Asparagus.

I am very happy that you would choose to return and I would very much like to welcome you back.

Thanks once again.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

We stayed at the hotel for a weekend break and have to say it has to be one of the best weekends we've had in a local hotel for a long time. We regularly take advantage of special offers for local Jersey residents but this hotel tops our list of where we would return. The outside pool area is immaculately clean and well kept and we enjoyed a dip in the pool before relaxing on one of the numerous sunbeds available. What a location! The view was stunning spanning the whole of St Aubin's bay. We had drinks before dinner I the lounge and again enjoyed great service and a fabulous view. Dinner was outstanding and the waiting service first class. Our bedroom was clean and the bed very comfortable and yes, we had a great view from our balcony. All the staff seem to be very happy which makes a pleasant change as it reflects on their approach to their guests. We could fault nothing and can't wait to go back again!

Room Tip: Just one tip for future guests, some of the rooms might take some getting to and we don't recall...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Kim P
Dear Kim P,

Wow, what a great review. Thanks so much for taking the time to post it. Like you I'm a big fan of the local special offers that we have in Jersey and I always try to take advantage of them when I can. I'm so please that you enjoyed your stay so much and wish to return. I believe we have a great product, made better by the amazing views and the team members are all very happy and friendly. I'm pleased that you agree.

You are absolutely correct, we do not have any lift or ramp access at the hotel.

Thank you once again for taking the time to post a review and I very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near St Aubin
Royal Yacht Hotel
Royal Yacht Hotel
#2 of 32 in St Helier
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,746 reviews

Been to Hotel Cristina? Share your experiences!