“The Spice House without the Spice !”
Review of The Spice House

The Spice House
Ranked #18 of 25 Restaurants in St Aubin
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We had takeaway last night. I had ordered Thai food. The main course I can only describe as bland mush, which I did not finish. Probably the worst takeaway I have ever had !

BHG_Admin, Manager at The Spice House, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Hi Steven H,

We're sorry to hear about your experience at The Spice House. Our food is prepared freshly by top, authentic chefs and managed by Michelin star chef, David Cameron, and so we rarely receive such comments. However, we do greatly appreciate each and every comment and so we will continue to review our cuisine and make any necessary adjustments.

Once again we extend our apologies.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I ordered a take away Indian meal from spice house yesterday and the meal was absolutely bland! I ordered a lamb jalfrezi as a main meal but it was so bland that I had a mouthful of it and discarded the rest. The receptionist who took my phone order was so rude over the phone where she was having another conversation with someone else in the restaurant whilst trying to take my order. I will certainly not recommend this restaurant to any of my friends or family in view of this unpleasant experience. Very disappointing!!

Hi Vatsala2014,

Once again we extend our apologies.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

We were very impressed with the quality and flavour of our curry's at the Spice House. I had chicken Korma with plain rice, it was delicious, one of the best I have ever had. My husband had lamb balti and he said the meat was really tender. There is a nice atmosphere in the restaurant and we enjoyed our meal there

Hi Pat F,

Thank you for your review of The Spice House. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed our cuisine so much.

We look forward to seeing you again,

Thanks,

The Boat House Group.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

We had some average food and some good food. Tandoori King Prawns were quite good, if a bit mushy. chicken Pakora was dry. Lamb Saag was good, very tender lamb. Chicken jalfrezi was again dry and over done. Service was friendly and speedy.

BHG_Admin, Manager at The Spice House, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Hi cigarmuncher,

Thanks for your review. We appreciate your feedback about the food and will be taking it on board.

We're glad however, that the service was to your standards.

Thanks again,

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Nice welcome on arrival and then greeted with a good choice of drinks. Great selection of Indian and Thai Dishes on the Menu. Service was quick and very! Very spacious dining area with great atmosphere!

BHG_Admin, Manager at The Spice House, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Hi Paul. Thank you so much for your review. We really pleased you enjoyed your visit to us. We hope to see you again very soon. Thanks!