“No complaints whatsoever!”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in St Aubin
Warwickshire, UK
“No complaints whatsoever!”
Reviewed 7 April 2010

We stayed for a week, over the Easter break. After travelling from the West Midlands via ferry, Simon greeted us from the car park and carried our bags in. On arrival, the coffee was welcomed - we both felt that nothing was too much trouble.

On being shown to our room, it was a double en-suite, with a view overlooking the pool, outside jacuzzi and sea - this was particullarly impressive, especially when the wind blew the waves over the small sea wall! In the room, there were dressing gowns, slippers and the usual complimentary small touches in the en-suite - the shower was a full size, with no problems with hot water.

The breakfast, served between 8-10am was extensive, with a large choice from fruit juice through to a full english.

The first part of the week was rain, and Martin gave us a lift into St. Helier, again, there was no problem here, and saved us from getting wet at the bus stop. We only used the car half of the week, and was no problem leaving the car at the hotel at the rear.

When coming home, the ferry was delayed 5 hours, and though most hotels would expect you to leave at a certain time, we left the room around 4.30pm.

Overall, the service, location and hotel (offering bed and breakfast) was perfect for us - Simon and Martin are heartfully thanked for their help, the hotel was in easy reach of St Aubin (no more than a 5 minute walk), St. Helier and Corbiere were reachable on foot (1 hour and 3.5 miles respectively, each way) and the hotel is very clean and spacious.

I'd have no problem recommending this hotel, on any grounds.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Dave3699

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (321)
  • Turkish first
South Yorkshire
Reviewed 1 April 2010

I stayed at La Haule Manor with my sister-in-law at the end of March,. My 2 daughters and son live in Jersey so I visit quite often even more now I have a 6 month old grandson. In the ten years I have been staying in Jersey hotels I have not stayed in a nicer hotel than La Haule Manor, the decor is very Parisian, rich and ornate, the bedrooms have the same touch, we also had toweling robes and slippers, Crabtree & Evelyn toiletries, Highland spring water (gratis) unlike London hotels where everything is none gratis. The breakfasts were superb, the cooked breakfasts were freshly made and hot, unlike the shriveled mess you pay £17 for in London. My daughter joined us for breakfast one morning and it cost just £6. Simon gave us a tour around the new wing, it's luxurious definitely worth paying a bit extra for a special occasion. In fact Simon was wonderful, my sister-in-law can't walk very far so we were very grateful when Simon offered to drop us off in St Aubin, pick us up from The Goose and took us into St Helier, I don't expect to be chauffeured around in peak season but it was definitely a nice touch. I have since booked La Haule Manor for a week in May with my husband and a week in July with husband and friends, I've decided to make it my second home, I feel very comfortable and relaxed at La Haule Manor.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank VonnySouthYorkshire
England
Reviewed 7 February 2010

We stayed for a week at La Haule Manor in July 2009.

We arrived at Jersey by ferry early in the morning. The hotel had told us that or rooms wouldn't be ready until 4:00pm so we set off to kill the day despite feeling quite traveled.

Around 4pm we headed to the hotel. It looks quite impressive from the outside and has a very inviting swimming pool and gardens.

On entering the hotel we noticed there wasn't a reception and stood there looking for a bell or someway of letting people know we were there. After several minutes I wandered in to the hotel trying to find a member of staff etc. There wasn't anyone to be seen so I rejoined my family and waited with them in a lounge. Nearly half an hour later a girl appeared and was surprised to find us waiting. She went to fetch the manager who was a rather over bearing eastern European. He went out his way to be friendly but actually made you feel slightly uncomfortable. Constantly offering my wife chocolates and calling her "Maaaam", while leaving me to carry the cases!

Anyway, the room was lovely and we had a view from the front of the hotel overlooking St. Aubins bay. The bed was comfortable however the quality of the furniture didn't quite live up to the price range of the hotel....£1500 for a week for two B&B.

The breakfast was nice; we had the choice of full English, scrambled eggs and salmon, cereals etc. The waiting staff were extremely friendly and courteous to us. The manager came in looking slightly tired as though he had been on the town the night before and sat in the breakfast room with a newspaper to eat....which my wife and I found a little peculiar!?!

The stay was good but we have always loved Jersey and were happy to be on the Island, however the hotel was far too overpriced for what it was....on the whole we regret making La Haule Manor our choice of accommodation.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
11 Thank LAH80
East Midlands
Reviewed 25 October 2009

My partner had 4 days work in Jersey and we decided to combine with a bit of a holiday so we booked 7 nights at La Haule Manor. I was a little nervous as we have a daughter who is just 3 and we usually self cater.
I can honestly say I have never stayed in such a welcoming hotel. Everything about it was excellent. The room was beautiful, the bathroom stunning, breakfast - everything you could want. We couldn't eat for the rest of the day.
As for the staff, I had 4 days of exploring the island with a 3 yr old and a pushchair. The weather wasn't brilliant at times and the staff were only too happy to give me a lift. On one evening Martin gave us a lift to a restaurant in St Brelades and came to pick us up later.
We have been absolutely flabbergasted by the excellent service of all the people working at La Haule and would certainly recommend to anyone.
We will definitely return and hopefully in a warmer time of the year so we can try the pool.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
6 Thank Scarlett36
Essex
Reviewed 20 October 2009

Wonderful time
I have stayed at many hotels and what I can say about La Haule which made it stand out was the attention given to us by the staff members and the owner. My friend who accompanied me is aware of the high standards I expect when it comes to staying away from home and based on the reviews on trip advisor I booked this guest house. All I can say is that we were not disappointed and any minor issues that did exist simply did not matter as we was bowled over by the friendliness and helpfulness of all the staff.
The bar/breakfast area is wonderful and a great place to relax after a hard day of cycling/walking and we did a lot of that! We did venture to the pool area with our drinks on a couple of times which was very nice and had I remembered to pack a swim suit then I would have certainly tried the hot tub. The breakfast was great and did a fantastic job of setting us up for the days we were in Jersey. A lovely variety of buffet and a freshly cooked breakfast was presented and the choice was just right. Although we did not stay in the new extension, we did take a peek at the rooms and I would definitely recommend them to couples who want some luxury. All public areas and facilities are kept clean are well maintained.
St Aubin is a great base to explore Jersey and the restaurants are within walking distance. We were given recommendations from the staff and the favourite has to be Cheffins. The food was delicious and not that expensive.
The trip was very enjoyable and we would return to La Haule as the service was outstanding. So all that is left to say is a BIG thank you to Simon, Mick, Dave and Martin for the great conversations we had and to the ladies Ula, Agnes and not forgetting the breakfast waitresses. Well done.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with friends
5 Thank ManiEssex
Cheshire
Reviewed 27 September 2009

Stayed in an excellent room with a very large bathroom and a sitting area. Staff very friendly and helpful. Pool and jacuzzi are good. A little bit of road noise. Easy walk to the restaurants. Our first visit to Jersey and will return.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with friends
3 Thank CharlesLesleySmith
cornwall,uk
Reviewed 22 September 2009

We stayed for a three night break, having selected the hotel from Trip Advisor. Our good sized and well appointed room was in the new extension - which fits seamlessly onto the original building. The staff were excellent - helpful and friendly. All facililties and public rooms were clean and well maintained. The swimming pool was good. Breakfast was excellent and individually cooked to order.
The very minor downsides were a) the rainhead shower was too powerful b) on one morning one of the public rooms was taken over by a local firm to sell clothing. In our view this cheapened the hotel.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
L'Horizon Beach Hotel & Spa
The Atlantic Hotel
The Atlantic Hotel
#6 of 16 in St Brelade

Been to La Haule Manor? Share your experiences!