“3rd visit here, still great value and I'll be back soon!”
Review of Ocean Walk

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St Brelade
Ocean Walk
Ranked #6 of 10 St Brelade B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“3rd visit here, still great value and I'll be back soon!”
Reviewed 18 June 2012

Ok, not much to add to my previous 2 reviews.

As usual the while place is spotless, seems as though everything was renewed over the winter.

Now has little flat screen TV's in the rooms with access to digital tv channels, as well as the big TV in the main room downstairs.

Breakfast still a great way to start the day and Maz still unfailingly helpful and friendly.

Recomended, I'l be back again soon!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Cambridgeshire
Reviewed 16 June 2012

Myself and my wife spent a fantastic week on Jersey in May - We found the guest house on the internet and booked direct - Yes, I agree with one of the reviewers about the road outside being very busy during peak times, but the view, (we paid a bit extra for a sea view and it was worth it), service, location and staff by far outweighed that inconvenience - It's within walking distance of numerous pubs and restaurants and even into St. Helier - The ever-friendly manager, Maz, was always on hand to greet new visitors and what she didn't know about the island wasn't worth knowing! - The other staff were also very friendly and obliging - Can't recommend it highly enough - If you're thinking of visiting Ocean Walk, book direct with Maz as it saves other agencies taking their cut!

Room Tip: Pay a bit extra for a sea view room - It's worth it.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Northampton, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 June 2012

We booked this on line having originally been staying in St Hellier for three nights. Location was my first concern and the fact they had private parking. Maz is great very friendly and helpful. The staff also were great. We stayed for a further 3 nights and found it to be a great place to explore from. The view of St Aubins beach is amazing. One warm evening we chilled out in the garden opposite and pleased to say mastered the hammock. The room was lovely and clean and there is even a nice lounge you can use. We found Maz to be a perfect host and would recommend to our friends. There is a build up of traffic in the morning but this dies down once breakfast is over and you are ready to explore.

Room Tip: Room 12 faces the back and is therefore quieter.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Solihull
Reviewed 26 May 2012

If you've ever watched that 'Four in a Bed' TV programme and seen those sad so-and-so's treating each room as if it was a crime scene with their forensic search to find something - anything - wrong with their rooms, you will perhaps understand my delight at the quality and cleanliness of the 3 rooms that I booked at Ocean Walk for my visit to Jersey with my son and daughter.

Looking like each room had just been decorated (literally) and with the freshest bed linen and towels, our stay was a delight. I was especially impressed (now who's sad....?!) with the quilted loo paper - a rare find in my experience of hotels and B&B's anywhere and at any price.

It is certainly true that the ambient road noise for the beach-facing bedrooms is an issue, Jersey has its own rush hour just like anywhere else, but you have to take into account the location and the price of this lovely and rather special B&B.

Hats off to Maz and her team - it's a cracking place to stay and I have no doubt we shall return.

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper and/or you like to sleep in in the morning, you may prefer the land-fa...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
essex
Reviewed 24 May 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights as we were attending a surprise 60th birthday party. Maz was really helpful when we made our booking, as we were unsure how many of the family would be able to attend. She was also unfailingly patient when we were booking in (a party of 13 all arriving at different times) and had to swop two rooms around due to a mix-up on my part. She organised our cabs into St Helier and was really helpful with cafe and restaurant recommendations.
The rooms were lovely and all were en-suite.
Breakfast was very good and all her staff were friendly and helpful. I would have preferred a pot of tea rather than having to help myself from an urn but it seems all I had to do was ask!
All in all a great short break and I would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: The ground floor back rooms are the best, they are more spacious and don't overlook the busy roa...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank lynndy22
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 May 2012

We stayed here for our honeymoon from 13th may to 19th may we found Maz very friendly and helpful.we had room 7 and had a fine View of the sea. Yes there was the rush hour traffic at 7 in the morning but nothing like what the person who said it was ridiculously noisy by the time we had breakfast the traffic had died down.The breakfast was great and the service was good.the room was clean and bright.
I would recommend it to my friends and would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 May 2012

Booked here for a 4 day 'special' weekend on the strength of the reviews and thought the room with the view of the sea would be ideal. WRONG ! I failed to note that one of the busiest roads in Jerey was feet from my bedroom window and despite wearing good ear plugs could hear the constant traffic rumblIng or whining past the window. The road was like a car park from about 7 in the morning buses motor cycles tractors adding to the mix. When I explained this to the ever cheery Maz she pretended not to realise when I talked about the noise that I was talking about the road. Incredulous and insulting. I rebooked at l'Horizon and got the weekend I was hoping for. Needless to say no refund was forthcoming in any shape or form.

Room Tip: Unless you are deaf don't choose the sea view
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo