“Look no further...best self catering in Jersey”

La Rocco Self-Catering Apartments
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St Brelade
La Rocco Self-Catering Apartments
Reviewed 25 August 2013

If you are reading this and you have kids....book these apartments....I have taken my family to jersey many times and changed location each time.finally I think I've found the ideal location not to mention best value.opposite st Ouens beach and within easy access to st brelades and most importantly PLEMONT BEACH....the best beach in Europe only a five min drive away. Pub which does great food and child friendly only 1min walk away which is fantastic as no arguments as to who should drive!.....if you want to be near st helier or aren't taking or hiring a car then this location may not be ideal but if you have a car and want the best located , best value self catering on the island then book these.

Room Tip: If you are 4 or less ask for apartment 1 as it has its own front door and cracking uninterrupted sea...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Mark W

Reviewed 11 August 2013

Friendly welcome and shown to and around apartment. Welcome pack contained; ½ doz eggs, Flora, S.S Milk, sliced bread, custard creams, sachets of sugar, coffee and teabags. No salt and pepper!

We stayed in a Violet Apartment, no. 11 which was accessed via the rear and quite a few steps to get there. We had 2 side windows with a southern view over the neighbouring buildings and the most southern point of St Ouen's Beach. Our Eastern facing window overlooking the sea was partially blocked by the roof below, so we could only just see the horizon when standing.

The apartment had a twin bedroom with double wardrobe, drawers and bedside drawers - rather dated in style and décor but clean and tidy. Bedding for the sofa bed was supplied and stored in the wardrobe which had limited space for hanging as it contained about 10 non-removeable hangers. The shower ensuite looked recently fitted out so was clean and modern. Bath, hand towels and shower mat were provided. Small clothes horse which was handy.

The living room had a kitchenette with electric oven and hob (1 ring was not working), fridge, microwave and toaster and cupboards stocked with crockery, cutlery and cookware. No oven glove though. They provided washing up liquid, a cloth and scourer, plus tea towels. A dining table with 4 chairs and place mats, a large coffee table, sofa bed, and LCD digital TV and DVD player. Again clean and tidy but décor outdated (nothing modern carpet and curtains couldn't fix).

A hairdryer could be borrowed from reception. Poorly placed mirrors and plug sockets meant it was difficult to dry and style hair. Nowhere to hang anything other than towel radiator in ensuite so could do with some wall hooks.

The cleaner would pop in everyday and replace any dirty towels as required and empty bins.

A superb location for St. Ouen's beach along 5 mile road, which had many water sports activities but children and adults.

Beautiful sunsets in the evening, a communal garden where you could have a BBQ and over the road and down onto the beach with plenty of rock pools. A selection of buckets, spades, nets etc could be borrowed from outside reception.

Room Tip: Violet is better for just 2 occupants as sofa bed is a pain to make everyday and a little uncomforta...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank JenK80
Reviewed 14 May 2013

We have been coming to Jersey regularly since 1970 and stayed in lots of different places and always had the most wonderful welcome and service. La Rocco let the island down. Yes there is a nice partial view, but there are so many other places with great views but with kindly service, so there is no need to take the risk of booking here.
A small misunderstanding which could have been easily resolved politely had anyone been at the reception (for two days!), resulted in the proprietor screaming at us across the car park. It was also very cold whilst we were there but they refused to turn on the heating. When we insisted, we managed to get it turned on for 3 hours per day - but this came grudgingly and did not heat the apartment.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank john t
Reviewed 28 March 2013

I am a regular visitor to Jersey as I used to live on the island. I've always wanted to stay in the St Ouens Bay area and I was not disappointed!! La Rocco apartments are beautifully situated,the perfect base for exploring the wild Atlantic coast and for strolls on the beach and nearby cliffs. My apartment was warm and cosy with a stunning view across the bay. It had everything I needed for a perfect holiday and I highly recommend staying there. In my opinion,Jersey is the most beautiful place in the world and I'm counting the 7 weeks off til I return!!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Helen V
Reviewed 28 October 2012

In the past when I have taken my elderly mother ( in her late 80's and has walking problems) to visit Jersey we have stayed in 4 star hotels, but this time I decided to try self catering. As Jersey has a very limited selection of disabled accommodation we didn't have a lot of choice, but having worked in Jersey myself I was aware of these apartments.
We were both very happy with our stay there, we had the Sienna apartment, situated on the ground floor with a gentle ramp from the car park. she was able to use this with her walking frame which meant I could leave the wheelchair in the car, although there was enough room in the apartment if I had needed to.
The view from our balcony was lovely, we watched the surfers each morning, and had lovely sunsets in the evening. The beds were very comfortable, and the apartment very clean with a lovely daily maid service
The only thing my mother could fault was that there should be another grab rail in the bathroom at the toilet area, maybe some kind of drop-down one on the sink side of the toilet would be of great assistance. I think a more disabled person would certainly need this.
We will be staying again next year as they were superior to the hotels in St Brelades we have previously frequented, and far better value for money.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank 1Happytraveller999
Reviewed 17 May 2012

stayed for a week with my wife and baby daughter. Location and reasonable price were a big reason we booked and were not dissapointed. Did not book a sea view but hade a great view of the southern end of St Ouens bay and had the privelige of 3 great sunsets during our stay, Rooms were clean and welcome pack of groceries was appreciated. No Wi Fi in appartment but able to connect in reception downstairs for free so no hassles. Ample parking, quiet area. a perfect place to unwind.

Had a great time, would happily stay again and would recommend to anyone who wants a well maintained quiet base to relax and enjoy this wonderful island. only 20 minutes from St Helier and close to the gorgeous St Brelade's bay.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank gwforceuk
Reviewed 4 October 2011

Stayed for a week. Staff (I believe probably the owner) were very good, even gave us a lift to our night out when our car broke down.

Apartment nice, stayed in the Sienna, very large. It's not the most luxurious apartment but then it's certainly not too bad either and was very clean. The view from our balcony to the sea was lovely. Other than one pub which closed quite early (as it concentrated on food - which incidentally was very nice when we ate there twice) there isn't anything else within walking distance.

Jersey in September is quite quiet and has a loY of OAPs but it really depends what kind of holiday you want. We got a taxi to St Helier in the evening a couple of times which is easy to do as it's not that far.

There is also a very nice Michelin star restaurant in a hotel 5 mins from the apartments which was very nice!

The owners hospitality really was the highlight and the reason for this review!

• Stayed: September 2011
Biarritz Hotel
Biarritz Hotel
#2 of 16 in St Brelade
Radisson Blu Waterfront Hotel, Jersey

Been to La Rocco Self-Catering Apartments? Share your experiences!