“Lovely quiet garden tea room.”

The Poplars Tea Room
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Saw this advertised in a Jersey cream tea leaflet. It was on a bus route out past St Brelade Bay.
Well worth the trip. Lovely garden, great cream tea with a selection of mini cakes.
So peaceful we could have stayed all afternoon.
Toys and a blackboard for children.
Very clean toilets.

There are newer reviews for The Poplars Tea Room

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Called in here the other day for a bite to eat, as it was a nice day I sat in the garden and had a great sandwich followed by a large piece of chocolate cake, the lady that served me "jill" I think was her name was very helpful and chatty, the price I did find was a bit expensive, but it was worth it plus they have there own big car park.

1  Thank jerseyrock
Reviewed 12 June 2014

My wife and I had cheese and pickle sandwiches,and a slice of cake each plus tea and coffee,and I have to say the sandwiches could have had more cheese,considering the cost of them,and the pricing of the cakes seemed very high.However there isn't much by way of competition in the area if you are out walking,so next time we'll be packing a picnic ourselves,we won't be rushing back to Poplars I'm afraid.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

I travelled to the tea rooms with family who live locally on Jersey. It was a very windy and rainy day and that may not have shown the facilities off in their best light. The tea room was very crowded and the atmosphere was quite 'brusque'. Maybe it was the weather getting people down. However, we had some lovely tea to warm up and some scones. These certainly are a generous size so make sure you have an appetite if deciding to visit. There is plenty of outside space and seating for jersey's nice sunny days and also plenty of parking which isn't the case at many places in the island.

The tables an chairs were very squashed together when we went and the toilets are in the far corner, if people have mobility issues or mobility equipment of any kind, I think they may find accessing the facilities a little tricky. But again, maybe they had put extra tables inside due to the weather and it would be different at other times.

I would go here again when visiting if people I was with wanted to although it didn't have enough to make me make it a 'priority' must re-vist next time I am on the island, unlike many other places.

1  Thank RCB6219
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We stopped here for afternoon tea on a recent trip to Jersey. It was a lovely day so we were able to sit out in the lovely garden. We were spoilt for choice with the selection of cakes but finally made a decision. I had a delicious homemade scone with a generous amount of jam and cream while my partner had coffee and walnut cake which he said was very light and full of walnuts. A very pleasant way to pass some time on a sunny afternoon.