“Afternoon Tea”
Review of Golden Sands Hotel

Golden Sands Hotel
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in St Brelade
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I had afternoon tea at Golden Sands this afternoon. I had pre-booked, they were fab with dealing with them and very flexible. The tea was lovely we had the choice of about 3 types of tea as well as ordering from their normal menu. The portion sizes were massive very good value (even the more expensive one, which a number of had). The full afternoon tea was 3 plates, of sandwiches, cakes and scones for one person as well tea or coffee. Nothing was to much trouble for the staff while there. We had lovely sea views.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 28 July 2014

we visited this amazing hotel for a long weekend, as a birthday present for my husband. From the moment we arrived the staff could not have been more helpful, the location was breath taking, the hotel really couldn't be closer to the sea, and St Brelade is incredibly pretty.

Our room was on the roadside which did make it a little noisy in the night, especially as there is no air conditioning, which is something to consider. but the restaurant with its seaside balcony, provides an extensive breakfast buffet and good lunch and dinner options. These were particularly welcome as my husband is vegetarian, and it was difficult to find food for him in this dominantly seafood region.

There were many arranged activities, and help with visiting nearby St Helier, but be aware that Jersey closes on a Sunday, especially if like us you were only visiting for the weekend.

We look forward to our next visit, particularly as Nikki made us so welcome.

Room Tip: Choose a sea front room where possible, it was very hot at night, but leaving the windows open to le...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2014

A very personal welcome for this outstandingly located hotel. The food was excellent. The only drawback was the temperature of the room which had no fan or aircon. Having said that, we will definitely come back again.

Room Tip: It is worth paying extra and getting a room with a sea view and balcony.
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Just returned after our third visit to this wonderful hotel and once again was delighted with our stay, you would be hard pushed to find a hotel where the views are as amazing, the hotel staff informative and very friendly and the food of a very high standard, this year I brought my family as I was celebrating a special birthday and they also thought the hotel excellent. Although all the staff were as I said very friendly and helpful a special mention go's to :- Nicki on reception who was always smiling and when we saw her on the airport bus told us the best stop to get off and the shortcut down to the hotel... she did say it wasn't very well lit but it would be romantic....dark was what I would have called it but we had a real giggle finding our way..lol.... Veronika and Robbi in the restaurant, Veronika is such a lovely person always smiling and takes time to chat to everyone, and Robbi very friendly and informative on the menu (also apologies for being the cause of him almost going up in flames...lol) I could go on and on about this hotel, the staff and the location but I think anyone reading this review will get that I love this place and would highly recommend it... A massive well done to Avril (Manageress) and Dolan hotels, the staff and the hotel are a credit to you both and I hope to see you next year, best wishes to you all

Room Tip: go for the sea view or superior sea view
Reviewed 26 July 2014

My wife and I took two teenage daughters to this wonderful hotel for a short break before they go off camping - I don't do camping and relished the idea of a hotel, next to a beach with historical interests nearby. I'm not boring but find that my wife likes nothing more than to sizzle on the beach. She found this hotel and only picked it because it was on the beach....what a find!

I cannot fault it at all apart from the sea waking me up as it came up the beautiful beach tripping distance from the hotel.

Everything about the hotel oozes style, comfort, attention and relaxation. The staff even found time for me to have my 5pm "sol beer", one lime in a glass and kindle break - brilliant, brilliant, brilliant and Jersey was great as well.

The Hotel is well located for site seeing and the island can easily be explored using public transport - albeit a hire car gives more freedom.

If you enjoy running there are plenty of good routes to take some are quite steep and challenging but the scenery makes up for that.

Definately going back

Room Tip: Always book a room with a view of the beach ...We stayed on the 4th floor which gave magnificent vie...
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Popped in for lunch whilst on a3 day break having visited for drinks on a previous trip to Jersey. The Scottish barman was friendly and efficient and patient with our dithering over whether to sit inside or on the outside balcony terrace! I had a spicy chicken and avocado ciabatta and my daughter had a fish dog and chips. The fish dog is a battered piece of plaice. Both were tasty and good sized portions. Good value and great service with a stunning view over St Brelades Bay's sunny beach.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Great location on the beach, staff v friendly and helpful. Rooms excruciatingly hot (and small) with no air conditioning. Not sure it's worth what we paid (a small fortune). Perhaps we were unlucky with the room we were allocated but we were overlooking the road and the kitchen entrance, which was noisy and smelly.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are pretty nice if you have more money than sense...
1  Thank SimsyKS
4 mi away
Royal Yacht Hotel
Royal Yacht Hotel
#1 of 31 in St Helier

Been to Golden Sands Hotel? Share your experiences!