L'Horizon Beach Hotel & Spa
US$349
Hotel La Place(St Brelade)(Great Value!)
US$248
La Haule Manor(St Aubin)
US$192
US$188
Hotels.com
US$295
Golden Sands Hotel(St Brelade)(Great Value!)
US$215
Biarritz Hotel(St Brelade)
Windmills Hotel(St Brelade)
Miramar Hotel(St Brelade)
1,500 results
All reviewsthe grillcrystal roomsauna and steam roomterrace restaurantsea viewbrelade's bayoyster boxlovely hoteloverlooking the beachcrab shackground floorpizza expressbeautiful locationst helierafternoon teaindoor poolweekend break
Reviewed 7 March 2012

My wife recently had a special birthday coming up so I decided to take her on a short w/end break to a special Hotel we have enjoyed in the past, the L'Horizon. All was fine, booked flights from Southampton for 08.30hrs on the Friday Morning returning on the 09.30 on the Sunday to a special surprise party in the afternoon.
Booked the hotel on line ( as you do ) with handpicked hotels-L'Horizon all confirmed in writing.
£372. for two nights.
On check in at airport we were advised possible delays because of fog in Jersey ( it,s known for it ) after several delayed announcements - our flights and later flights were cancelled, we were advised to collect luggage and return to Flybe desk where we were offered a refund our to re-book flights. We took the refund on the basis that flights from the previous day had been cancelled and seat availability on any possible future flights that day were already taken.

With the obvious no choice situation, I decide I must ring the hotel to inform them we would not be able to get to Jersey through no fault of our own expecting some sympathy. Any form of refund was out of the question as "we had booked on line which gave us the best price and the small print read's non refundable" however we were told we were told "they would honour the booking but only to the end of March" - 4 weeks, I explained, with my wife was working in the NHS she had commitments to her job which would not allow for time of in the period, in simple terms hard luck, the small print say's, we keep your money!!
Advice -
1. Alway,s check the weather forecast - fog also comes in the summer in Jersey,
2. Don't book on line and pay in full, only pay a deposit.
3. Do not expect any sympathy in a situation you have no control over.
PS. Fybe and Europcar made refund agreement on the day - many thanks, that's what I call customer care.

Gerry Jessett

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
25  Thank 8bzodiac
MartinKelly, General Manager at L'Horizon Beach Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2012

Hi

Thank you for taking the time to complete the review on Trip Advisor

I am sorry that you are unhappy with the terms and conditions that you were informed of at the time of booking. Candice, to whom you spoke to, did offer you alternative booking arrangements that were outside the terms and conditions, and was trying to be flexible by offering the extended period in which to take the booking. That offer remains open, please feel free to contact us to discuss this further.

Reviewed 28 February 2012

Wonderful staff, hotel, spa and location.
Would recomend Oyster box for great food and service.
Sea view room was beautiful. Hotel almost completely empty due to time of year but still lots of choice at breakfast.

Room Tip: Sea View room.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LisaF863
MartinKelly, General Manager at L'Horizon Beach Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2012

Hi

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel on Trip Advisor

I was delighted that you though that L’Horizon was Fab, we think so too.

I think that Jersey is special whether it is winter or summer, you might not get a tan in February but the deserted beaches are beautiful.

Thank you again.

Reviewed 28 February 2012

Lovely location on St.Brelades beach, which the sea view rooms really make the most of! Pool and spa facilities were great, again making the most of that fantastic view.
Great breakfast, with plenty of choice. Had evening meal in the restaurant, the food was nice but nothing special, and along with the wine was over priced. Would instead recommend going to Salty Dog Bistro, where we had an absolutely stunning meal.
All staff over our 3 night stay were incredibly helpful and went out their way to make our stay perfect! Would love to come back again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lizzie124

Hi

Thank you taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay.

Delighted that you enjoyed the facilities and that the team looked after you well; and of course the view. I was sorry to see that you felt the food was “nice”. We have a new chef that started two weeks ago and I will share your comments with him, but on a positive note there is choice in the bay and the surrounding area.

Thank you once again.

Reviewed 14 February 2012

What a beautiful hotel! Situated right on the beach of St Brelade's, this is truly a gem.

Amazingly helpful hotel staff, stunning views, beautifully decorated rooms and great food. There are an awful lot of hotels in Jersey and I have stayed in quite a few, but this is best so far. Will definitely be returning.

Room Tip: Ocean view is a must!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to complete your review and post it on Trip Advisor.

It was great to read that you enjoyed your stay, thank you for your positive comments about the hotel and the team, not forgetting the view, which as you have said is stunning.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 8 February 2012

I stayed at this hotel 7th Feb 2012.

Well ,,, everything was perfect. I stayed in room 362.

The hotel was perfect. from reception I was shown to my room and shown all the facilities.
The room was on a beautiful bay. The room was perfectly clean. The staff were ALL friendly. I have no complaints.

The room had tea and coffee facilities, hair dryer, lovely toileties, shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, shower gel, shower cap, sewing kit.

In the bathroom were crisp white towels, bathrobes.

The bedroom had a very comfortable bedand lovely pillows, I slept very well, a wall mounted TV., iron and ironing board.

The view from the room was amazing,

The hotel had a great spa area with elemis spa treatments.

The swimming pool was warm . also a steam room, sauna and whirl pool. There was also a small gym.

Breakfast was very nice.

There is a pizza express nearby with a view of the bay.

All I can say is .... Well worth a visit to this hotel........The staff make the stay even better. Jersey is a relaxing stay. Lovely shopping area.

I will be returning with my husband in the summer months ..

Visit this hotel you will NOT be disappointed. Locals say this is one of the best hotels on Jersey.

Room Tip: sea view is superb
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank susan1warwickshire

Thank you for the review that you have posted on Trip Advisor, if I didn’t know better I would have thought we had written it ourselves, right up to the point when you mention Pizza Express, although you are right; it is a lovely spot for a Pizza Express as well.

Thank you for listing all the amenities and facilities and the team who work so hard in the hotel, it’s great to see that you had such a good time.

We hope that you are able to come back and visit again soon.