My family and I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in mid-September 2012.
This hotel is in an amazing location, situated on one of the prettiest, cleanest and most stunning beaches I have ever seen. The beach is perfect for walks, paddling, swimming and sandcastles. Also along the front are a number of places to eat and drink, so there are options within walking distance if you don't wish to eat in the hotel.
Facilities wise, the hotel has a small spa, with a fair sized swimming pool which we used. It has a bar and a number of different restaurants and a nice cafe/bar outside overlooking the beach if the weather is good.
All the staff at the hotel were friendly and helpful. From the receptionist, the porters and the waiting staff.
Our suite room was very well presented and comfortable, with a super king sized bed. The hotel provided a cot for our son which was clean and all ready for him. The room came with a small lounge area which overlooked the bay, which was nice to sit in and relax after our son had gone to bed. The bath room came with a bath and a very small shower, with lots of towels etc The room was well decorated and turned out.
Breakfast every morning was excellent, even when the main dining room was in use for a conference. There was a good choice of cooked food, fruit, cereals and breads. We dined in the restaurant one night and the food was very good and the staff very accommodating of our little toddler. We used room service one night for some drinks and the service was very good.
This is a very friendly and well run hotel. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will be looking to come back and stay next year. My only negative observation is that I think it is a little over priced when comparing it with similar hotels I have stayed in and other hotel's on the Island. But all in all, its a fantastic hotel for a quality beachfront location. I would recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1850 by George Hicks, a colonel in the Bengal Army, the building has an almost Mediterranean feel yet the hotel itself is unmistakably British. The interior is calm and elegant, full of space and light, while the outside impresses with its beautiful terrace and the view over golden sand and crystal clear waters. We believe in taking things easy here, with a strong focus on leisure: something we like to think we are good at! One of the highlights of the four star L'Horizon Beach Hotel is the new spa, which includes six treatment rooms, a relaxation area, pedicure and manicure area and sleep room. With 106 bedrooms and three restaurants, the hotel offers the ideal setting for an intimate break, a romantic wedding and (as it is just 10 minutes from Jersey airport) an inspiring meeting venue. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your L'Horizon Beach Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- l`Horizon Hotel And Spa
- Horizon Hotel Jersey l
- l Horizon Hotel St Brelade
- Lhorizon Hotel Jersey
- L'Horizon Beach Hotel & Spa Jersey/St Brelade