“Superb food and accommodation” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
L'Horizon Beach Hotel & Spa
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in St Brelade
London, United Kingdom
“Superb food and accommodation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

Having booked a short break 'deal' we were very pleasantly surprised to find that the quality of service and food was second to none. The rooms were kept spotlessly clean by the housekeeping staff and the service provided by everyone was nothing short of perfect. Our stay was too short but we have resolved to return in the early summer for another slice of perfection, deal or no deal.

• Stayed October 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MartinKelly, General Manager at L'Horizon Beach Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Hi,

Thank you for the review on Tripadvisor.

I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay, it sounds like this is the first time that you have stayed with us so it’s great that you enjoyed the visit.

Thank you for mentioning the housekeeping staff, they work extremely hard to keep up the standards.

We hope to see you again soon and possibly longer.

Martin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (378)
Thorrington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

From the minute we arrived til we left we felt pampered. The rooms are clean and fresh with everything you could need. The rooms are serviced twice a day with turn down service in the evening and a top up of bathroom essentials, biscuits and drinks. The food is mouth watering but a little expensive compared to other places locally but worth it. Breakfast was included and includes a list of special orders, full English , continental and more . The hotel is situated on the beach in the bay so the sea view rooms are the best. The pool and spa provide towels and the hotel also provides towelling robes to wander down to the pool in. The pool is beautiful with a jacuzzi, sauna and steam room plus selection of floats for all ages to use in the pool. The staff were all very friendly and helpful and made our weeks stay perfect Thank you

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank janer18
Hi

Thank you for the review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. It’s great that you felt pampered the entire time, that’s what a beach hotel should make you feel like.

We hope to see you again soon.

Newcastle, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

People who know me would tell you that I am on a mini quest to find the perfect hotel. I think I might just have done it. I have realised that the best hotels are not just about the fixtures and fittings (having stayed in high end establishments that are totally soulless) but in the attention to detail and service. This starts with the warm welcome you receive on check in and the orientation tour of the facilities given by Tony, the concierge. We had booked a standard double through a promotion of 3 for 2 nights combined with a 10% voucher code from Hotels.com so paid the princely sum of £270 for 4 nights b and b. This proved to be unbelievable value. The room was more like a mini suite with comfy leather sofa, wide screen tv, bathrobes, mineral water and a lovely bathroom with nice toiletries and hot effective shower. I would have loved to upgrade to a sea view room but couldn't stretch to it. It didn't seem to matter as the public areas in the hotel are literally right on the beach so we spent a lot of time there. Breakfast was a joy overlooking the bay and the choices were extensive. I ordered several choices from the cooked to order menu, the best being the porridge with Jersey cream. My 5 year old daughter enjoyed the waffles with maple syrup. We didn't eat in the restaurant but did order room service as we were tired on the first night. The quality and presentation of the food were excellent. We also had a sumptuous afternoon tea which you have to book in advance. Thank goodness we only ordered one to share as it was huge! The warm scones with Jersey cream were gorgeous.After all the food you will undoubtedly eat a walk is in order and we enjoyed she'll collecting on the beach and a trip to the beautiful 13th century church across the bay. We also made full use of the lovely pool. It is adult only at selected times of the day but at certain times children are welcome. It also has stunning views of the beach, especially from the Jacuzzi. The main asset this hotel has is the staff. The cleanliness is impeccable and the housekeeper cones round to check you are happy with the standard of cleaning. At one breakfast a manager and a young waiter were talking. As we approached the manager immediately broke off the conversation and told the young man to attend to us. This is not always my experience of the service industry. One day at the spa we asked to borrow robes. There was only one so the member of staff (a lovely young girl with glasses) went to the stores to get one, found us by the pool and brought it to us. There is a nightly turn down service and the staff are constantly checking that you are having a great time, in a way that suggests they really do care. The location of the hotel is perfect - the bay is one of the finest I have ever seen. There are excellent restaurants within a short walk - we ate at Crab Shack and Sugareef (twice) both of which I would recommend. There is a Tennerfest fixed price menu promotion in many Jersey restaurants in October and early November and Sugareef's main and dessert fir a tenner at dinner is hard to beat. I cannot praise this hotel highly enough. We may have ended up here almost by accident but I hope to be returning to Jersey and L'Horizon for years to come. The General Manager should be extremely proud - I wonder if he fancies a sabbatical to England to teach people a thing or two about customer service!

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank joolzpop
Dear Aunty Mary thank you for the review: just kidding of course.

Thank you for this lovely and in-depth review, did you work for the AA in a previous role as a hotel inspector?

Thank you noticing so many small touches that, we believe, make a difference. As you have said it is the staff that make the hotel, along with a beautiful beach. I think that the person you mentioned in the Spa was Claire and we shall let her know. Thank you also for mentioning Tony, he has been with us for a number of years now.

Now you have found the perfect hotel I hope you have the chance to come back soon.

Royston, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

Great location, comfy beds, great breakfasts. Only complaint is the dated nature of the bathrooms...showers more like something you'd find in a cheap B&B. OK, while I'm at it, the dinner menu was somewhat pretentious.

Room Tip: Check the shower!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DiBsrker
Hi

Thank you your review, I feel a mixed message. I apologise it wasn’t 100% enjoyment and sorry you didn’t feel the showers or bathrooms were up to scratch. We do have many different rooms and bathrooms in the hotel so I am sure that wouldn’t apply to all of them.

I have let our chef know that you felt the menu was pretentious. We all get a little carried away on occasions and it helps getting a little direct honest feedback.

Thank you again for your review.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

A lovely stay in a hotel with family memories. I was visiting family on the island and chose to stay at the hotel my late Grandad stayed at. It is a well run ship! The staff were all delightful. I particularly enjoyed my time with Laurie in the Spa. The breakfasts are lovely but I would agree with a previous contributor....don't put single women too close to couples! My room was very good for a single (when I visit with my partner we will choose a sea view!). I had some issues with the bathroom but have left feedback with reception which I am sure will be attended to. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Hi

I am pleased that you enjoyed staying with us.

We have taken on both your and the previous comment about lone travellers.
Thank you for the positive comments about the staff in the hotel and especially your mention of Laurie in the Spa, we will let her know that she has been specifically mentioned.

I am sorry that there were issues with the bathroom, I hope it didn’t detract too much from your enjoyment.

We look forward to seeing you again at L’Horizon

Devon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

I have stayed at L'Horizon a few times for business and it's just great. The location is fantastic, the receptionists and porters are really friendly, it's clean and has a fab pool and spa.
I had a single room, but it was fine and quite large for a single in Jersey.
Breakfast choice is amazing and I have to give a special mention to the chef in charge of cooking the eggs each morning. He has a little area for this so you know that your eggs are freshly cooked to your liking. He was so friendly and smiley, too.
My only disappointment was that, each morning, I was placed on a table very close to a couple, which is a bit embarrassing when on your own. I am sure I speak for most single female travellers when I say that we like to be placed somewhere inconspicuous as we feel self conscious enough walking into a restaurant alone in the first place.
Otherwise everything was great. I had a delicious bar meal one evening and ate out on the other two. Wine was pricey, but it's 4 * Jersey, so to be expected.
Would stay every time if an offer is available.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Hi

Thank you for the review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Thank you for the positive comments about breakfast and indeed our breakfast chef cooking the eggs.

I have taken on your comment about lone travellers and have spoken to the restaurant team regarding this. It is a very valid point which we should be more aware of.

We have lots of offers in the winter months, so you have no excuse for not returning.

Thank you once again.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

A really nice hotel which punches above it's weight. Although four star staff and most parts of the hotel are 5 star standard. Breakfast and dinner were both great. Also spent some time in the spa which makes the most of the awesome view.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Hi

Thank you for the review. 5 stars, now there’s an idea. Glad you enjoyed your stay and hurry back soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near St Brelade
Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa
Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa
#5 of 31 in St Helier
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,548 reviews

Been to L'Horizon Beach Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!