“Amazing, enough said”

Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in St Brelade
Tonbridge, United Kingdom
“Amazing, enough said”
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We stayed at L'horizon as a group in September 2013. The service was brilliant before we even entered the building. We arrived very early and our rooms where not ready, but they kept our bags safe behind reception and let us enjoy all the hotel had to offer. We spent our first few hours on the veranda over looking the bay. The view was amazing, the sky was blue, the sun was hot and the drinks Ice cold. Perfection!

After a while we took a stroll along the bay, and you will find it hard to find a more beautiful place in this part of the world.

The room was warm, comfy and quiet.
Breakfast was beyond words, everything you could want right at your finger tips, and you could help yourself to what ever you wanted, how many times you wanted.

The spa and pool was exactly th same as the hotel, brilliant! the only down side was the temperature in the pool area was very hot,

All in all, we couldn't have asked for a better get away, and i cant wait to return!

Room Tip: Sea view rooms have a small balcony, well worth the extra money
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Ben C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (387)
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 February 2014

In Jersey one is spoilt for choice as it has a number of first class hotels. For me it comes down to location, In the town, in the countryside, or as we chose for this trip by the beach.
Just what is so great? Well for a start the service. I take an efficient friendly reception as a given, but being shown to the room is a bonus. We booked in advance arriving on a busy Saturday night. We were sent an email the week before advising us that the dining room would be busy that evening, did we want to reserve a table? With a late arrival we chose not to do this but the thought was much appreciated.
Even in February the sea-view room with its balcony was much appreciated. The room was spacious and well equipped, a nice touch was the luxury Tassimo coffee maker. The room was spotless on arrival and this quality of cleanliness was maintained throughout our stay. Breakfast was a delight with a choice not only between full English or continental but with 5 or so freshly cooked to order options.
On this trip we didn't use either the spa or dining room so check these out on other reviews.
In summary for us at least this was the perfect place for a short winter break.

Room Tip: Sea view has to be worth a premium.
1 Thank paul6111
Paris, France
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Its been already one year that me and my wife have been in this hotel. The hotel is great, the location is amazing, the staff is friendly and very helpfull. We will try to be back to this beautifull hotel in the most beautifull bay in Jersey.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MLee0
Bridgnorth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 February 2014

We stayed at this hotel to celebrate a birthday in February 2014. From reception to departure this was a great experience. The room with a sea view was spectacular, especially since it was very stormy, but also the sun appeared and so we saw it in all its moods. Everything in the room and bathroom was spotless and spacious and it all worked perfectly.

There were not many people in the hotel at this time of the year though there had been a Literary Lunch for 150 ladies of a certain age who must have eaten almost all the pork belly! There was only one left in the evening. Lamb shank the option chosen, though the menu was comprehensive enough when fully active. The service was excellent and friendly, attentive but not fussy.

The spa was beautiful, the pool excellent for the pre breakfast swim, and the breakfast itself delicious. Access to the beautiful beach is immediate and easy. Plenty of terrace space for those summer days.

This was a great experience. The furnishings in the hotel are modern, comfortable. Always the staff were helpful and charming.

Room Tip: choose a sea view for the best impact.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
MartinKelly, General Manager at L'Horizon Beach Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Hi

Thank you for the review of L’Horizon

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for the very positive comments. I am glad that you enjoyed the bay during the various wintery conditions. I personally think that it looks great whatever the weather and a storm adds to the drama.

I hope that you have the opportunity to come back again soon, possibly in the summer then you could compare the weather.

Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

I got a great deal to stay at L'Horizon and wasn't disappointed. The bus stop right outside and easy access to walks made the trip possible without having to spend a fortune. There are a few very affordable restaurants within a 5min walk away too.

The room was fantastic, especially given the price I paid (about £50/night for 4 nights - off season special through Expedia). Breakfast was good, even for a vegetarian like me. There were passable veggie sausages even!

And then, I checked out... And found I was going to be charged for three newspapers. (Proof: http://imgur.com/peJ65bz)

When I'd checked in, I was asked: "would you like a paper in the morning?" I was delighted to get a paper and said yes, asking for an FT. I love hotels that leave a paper for you in the morning. It was a great start.

Back to checking out, I explained that I hadn't expected to be charged as nothing was said about that at check in and the woman at the front desk offered to query this with her manager. I also offered to give all the papers back, which is of course ridiculous, but so is being charged without warning in a high end hotel.

She came back saying that the manager said they have to charge me for them. "No way, really?" I asked. "I'm sorry, maybe if it was some other time, but with the fire alarm and everything..." They had just had a mandatory fire alarm test but I don't think that should play a role in whether or not you get charged for something that you hadn't been told will cost you.

In summary, this is a very nice hotel. There are some great off season deals. You don't need a car to stay here. But be warned, there are at least some charges (hopefully just this one!) that they don't tell you about before you've incurred them and they'll hold you to it!

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank LSPollack
MartinKelly, General Manager at L'Horizon Beach Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Hi

Thank you for the review.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and I am apologise that there was a slight issue that otherwise would have ruined an enjoyable break.

I am sorry that you feel the charges for the papers were misleading, offering a newspaper on check in is part of the service that we offer. I have experienced hotels that offer a complimentary newspaper, but they do normally state “would you like a complimentary newspaper”. We do ask guests if they would like a drink without stating that we will charge for that drink. I hope my answer doesn’t sound in any way patronising but I would not like to state that I would review a policy if I was not intending to.

I hope that this will not deter you from using the hotel in the future and hope that you have the opportunity to stay with us again soon.

Guernsey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 February 2014

We stayed for Friday and Saturday night during February 2014. The hotel had a relaxed and comfortable atmosphere and was very clean . The staff provided an excellent service and the facilities were up to date and in great condition. The view over St Brelades Bay is brilliant, especially from the jacuzzi in the spa and our room. Some signs of age but overall a very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a sea view and balcony, it's worth it!
Hi

Thank you for the review of L’Horizon.

I am delighted that you enjoyed stay and that you found the staff to provide excellent service.

We are always refurbishing the hotel but I am sorry if you spotted a few areas that we have missed. I shall look harder.

We hope that you have the opportunity to return soon.

Stevenage, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 February 2014

This hotel is showing some signs of age,but overall it is a great place to stay,you have great views across the beach and the facilities are all that you could wish for on a break. we went during the recent bad weather 4th to 7th of February 2014,and the room in which we were in first had new double glazed windows,however one of the windows was not fitted well and the wind was howling through with quite some noise,on speaking to the staff,we were allocated another room,and apologies were given.
The staff were very friendly and would always say hello,the service in the bar and at breakfast time, was always speedy and with a smile,the food whether from room service or in the breakfast room was of an excellent standard and hot.
The beds are very comfy and the duvets although thin very very warm,
All in all the hotel has a lot to offer and we will go back without hesitation,and is a good base location for either a business or pleasure trip

Room Tip: 2nd floor rooms have better tv reception
Also consider these accommodations in or near St Brelade
Radisson Blu Waterfront Hotel, Jersey
Hotel de France
Hotel de France
#1 of 32 in St Helier

Been to L'Horizon Beach Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!