“L'Horizon Hotel.Short break.” 4 of 5 bubbles

L'Horizon Beach Hotel & Spa
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in St Brelade
“L'Horizon Hotel.Short break.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

Have just returned from this hotel in Jersey.My husband and I were attending a friends wedding in St Brelades.The hotel is in a lovely spot overlooking the sea right on the front.We had a seaview room as requested which was fine although a little small.Balcony also small but somewhere to sit and watch the sea.The weather was quite warm while we were there which was great but no air conditioning at the price we payed is a no no.Come on now this is 2014 and most hotels abroad would have this in their rooms.
I'm afraid if we ever returned to Jersey we would'nt stay at this hotel as it is just too pricey.The island is very nice and we had a wonderful time at the wedding which was the reason for the visit.There are many more hotels in Jersey which I am sure would be better value for money.

Room Tip: Seaview,if you can afford it.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank elainefisher31
MartinKelly, General Manager at L'Horizon Beach Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Hi Ellefish

Hi Thank you for the review.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay, but sorry that you found us to be a little out of your price bracket. We are expensive in the summer months but we do believe that L’Horizon has the prime site on the island.

I apologise that you found the rooms to be hot, we would love to have all the rooms air conditioned and I am sure in time this will happen. Many of the guests sleep with the balcony doors open and let the cool breeze and the sound of the sea help them drift off to sleep.

We do have many varied room sizes and almost 50% of the hotel is air conditioned, all the deluxe rooms have air conditioning.

As you said there are less expensive hotels on the island, Jersey does suit many budgets, We do have some great offers out of season, so check the hotel website or our emails for some great offers.

We hope that you are able to return to the hotel.

Martin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (375)
Berkshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

This is the second time we have visited this hotel and it was just as good. St Brelade's Bay is a lovely spot and the bus service stops outside so it is easy to get around. The Terrace restaurant is excellent, sitting outside looking at the sea. Our room was beautifully decorated and the only downside was that overenthusiastic guests could be a bit noisy when leaving the hotel in the night.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
MartinKelly, General Manager at L'Horizon Beach Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Hi

Thank you for the review.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. The fantastic weather has help accentuate the great views from the Terrace.

I am sorry that you found some of the guests to be noisy as they were leaving, we do try and manage this and ask them to respect the other people in the hotel.

We hope that you have the opportunity to return to L’Horizon soon.

Ostuni, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

This is the second time we have stayed at L'Horizon in the past three years and we have really enjoyed both stays. The position situated overlooking St Brelade bay is stunning especially when the sun is setting.
The staff are all very friendly and nothing is too much trouble. We stayed on a half board option which also allows you to eat at the magnificent Oyster Box.
Already looking forward to going back again.

Room Tip: Make sure you have a sea view.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Cleanliness
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

We had a four night stay at L'Horizon hotel to celebrate my wife's 40th birthday. The service, location and room were all fantastic. We only tried one of the hotel's restaurants for dinner, the Terrace, but were impressed with the quality of the food and of course it was perfectly located to watch the sun set over the bay. Overall it was one of the best hotels we have ever stayed in and would have no hesitation it recommending it if you are staying in St Brelade's Bay. We would definitely go back which is something we very rarely do as we tend to try different places every year.

Room Tip: If you can afford it I would definitely recommend booking a room with an ocean view. We stayed in 2...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Hi Glenberry

Thank you for the review, I hope that your wife enjoyed her birthday. We are delighted that you both chose to spend it here.

The views are wonderful and thank you for the lovely comment “one of the best we have ever stayed in”

I hope that you do get the chance to return, I know you like to try new places but Jersey has that special draw for people.

London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

3rd time in Jersey and 3rd time at this hotel. Lovely hotel, amenities, great rooms, food is good but not amazing however the staff are wonderful.
The location is perfect by the each and a raft of good restaurant options for all price ranges within 5 mins walk away.
It's no wonder people come back here year after year.

Room Tip: A room with a sea view is very calming.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Snowyhunter
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

We visit Lhorizon about 4 times a year and have a romantic dinner, champagne and a sea facing room.

We arrived as usual very happy and excited. Unfortunately we missed the lovely lady we spoke to on check in and were welcomed by a young man and women. The check in was not smooth. It took 20 minutes and tye lady who was checking us in was rather awkward. Suggesting there wrre no sea facing rooms left.. so we let the young man check. He confirmed there was rooms left both double and executive. So I asked whixh is bigger amd nicer, tye lady said they were both the same. So they checked us Into a double... well thanks ... no aircon and I the older side of building.. not impressed with her level of customer service. The food was fantastic we ate out at the new bar. They staff were all fantastic the breakfast was awsome. My only negative feedback was the fact we were put in the lower room.. I know that the check in lady knows the diffrence between a double and an executive... so the romantic weekend was slightly spolit as the room was far to hot to relax in... so next time its an executive with air con or we will stay else where.

This is my favourate hotel and I have been an on off member for 15 years to the health club and hsve watched the hotel grow over the years so swrvice like this from one individual is unexceptible, I wont hold this against the hotel but if I am challenged next time I will ask to talk to her superior. If the check in at a hotel dont know the difference between double and executive, they should be working in a different department.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Terry W
Hi Terry,

Thank you for the review.

I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay at L’Horizon, but sorry that not everything was as smooth as you would have hoped for.

We have searched for your booking using the details that you have provided in this review, but we have been unable to identify your booking. If there is the opportunity to let me have more details I would be grateful as we always like to follow issues up fully.

I apologise that you weren’t given the service that you should have been, and that some of the knowledge of the team should possess was lacking.

I hope that you have the opportunity to return to L’Horizon soon when I am sure you will have a more relaxing and enjoyable experience.

Solihull, UK
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

First time in Jersey, and what a lovely island, had a great few days touring around, eating and drinking, lovely.

The L'Horizon hotel is great, with one massive flaw, no air conditioning in the standard rooms, which given the weather (30+ daily) was a massive drawback. The hotel provided a fan but it was noisy and leaving it on all night (which you had to do to keep cool) meant for a noisy and interrupted nights kip.

Everything else about the hotel is great but for the air conditioning, I'm not sure in this day and age how you can class a hotel as 4 / 5 * when it doesn't have the basics.

I understand that the deluxe + rooms are air conditioned, I paid for a superior, sea view room (room 180) £600 for 3 nights with no air conditioning, not great value for money for 3 nights difficult sleep.

For the hotel to cling on to its high status, surely air conditioning must be a pre-requisite.......

Paul

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room with air conditioning........
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank PaulSolihull
MartinKelly, General Manager at L'Horizon Beach Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Hi Paul

Thank you for the review.

I am sorry that you were disappointed that we don’t have air conditioning in all the rooms. I know that it has been very hot which is obviously one of the reasons to visit the island.

I have to agree that if we could have air conditioning throughout the hotel it would be fantastic. Every year we spend large amounts on all the Hand Picked Hotels properties and at some point I am sure we will have this installed in all of the rooms, although at this point I am not sure when. Interestingly the AA who inspect all the UK hotels to give them a star rating have no requirement for air conditioning for any hotel rating, although I am sure we could all consider that view to be a little out of date. At this moment we have 50% of the bedrooms that do have air conditioning.

A lot of our guests like to leave the balcony/terrace doors open at night and listen to the waves, but I appreciate that this isn’t the answer for everyone.

I am glad that you enjoyed the rest of your stay, the other aspects are perhaps something that I and the team find it easier to make an impact on.

If you are considering staying with us again please let me know and I will see what we can arrange.

Also consider these accommodations in or near St Brelade
Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa
Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa
#5 of 31 in St Helier
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,544 reviews

Been to L'Horizon Beach Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!