I stayed here for one night on a dinner, bed and breakfast basis and for the most part, thoroughly enjoyed it.
We had a Deluxe Ocean view room with a breathtaking view over St Brelades Bay. The room was spotlessly clean and stylish with a very comfortable king size bed. The bathroom was not as recently refurbished as the bedroom, but it was clean and large and didn't look out of place. The huge towels and soft robes were appreciated, as was the spare blanket in the wardrobe when it got a bit chilly out on the balcony.
Dinner in the Grill Restaurant was excellent, in fact we thought it better than a recent meal at a local michelin starred restaurant. The service was a little patchy at times (we had to order a bottle of water twice before we got it, and waited a little too long between the arrival of the coffee cups and the coffee itself) but nothing that spoiled the experience.
We used the swimming pool and jacuzzi and found both clean and pleasant. I particularly liked the raised position of the jacuzzi, allowing views out over the beach.
Just a couple of suggestions that I think would make the experience even better - I expect a travelodge to have a weak hairdryer bolted to the furniture, not a 4* hotel. Offering a turn down service is nice, but perhaps the housekeeping staff could have a copy of the restaurant reservations, allowing them to discreetly enter rooms whilst guests are at dinner rather than knocking on the door whilst we're in the middle of getting dressed. Lastly, I was insulted to be told 'you're late' by a surly female greeter when we arrived for breakfast 35 minutes before the advertised closing time, and the walls in the crystal room could be cleaner.
Despite these minor niggles, we would definitely stay again, and would recommend L'Horizon to friends and family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1850 by George Hicks, a colonel in the Bengal Army, the building has an almost Mediterranean feel yet the hotel itself is unmistakably British. The interior is calm and elegant, full of space and light, while the outside impresses with its beautiful terrace and the view over golden sand and crystal clear waters. We believe in taking things easy here, with a strong focus on leisure: something we like to think we are good at! One of the highlights of the four star L'Horizon Beach Hotel is the new spa, which includes six treatment rooms, a relaxation area, pedicure and manicure area and sleep room. With 106 bedrooms and three restaurants, the hotel offers the ideal setting for an intimate break, a romantic wedding and (as it is just 10 minutes from Jersey airport) an inspiring meeting venue. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, LateRooms, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your L'Horizon Beach Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- l`Horizon Hotel And Spa
- Horizon Hotel Jersey l
- l Horizon Hotel St Brelade
- Lhorizon Hotel Jersey
- L'Horizon Beach Hotel & Spa Jersey/St Brelade