“Wonderful Kayaking Experience”

Absolute Adventures
Ranked #1 of 5 Tours in St Brelade
More attraction details
Owner description: Absolute Adventures – Jersey’s leading adventure & activity centre located in the stunning St Brelade’s Bay (voted 2nd best beach in the UK by Travellers Choice 2012, Trip Advisor) Absolute Adventures is owned and run by a professional and experienced team who enjoy nothing more than to share their passion for the sea and adventure with locals and visitors.
Reviewed 21 July 2014

My husband and I planned a trip to Jersey to celebrate our first wedding anniversary. The island itself is a nice destination for a quiet getaway! Our
plan was to spend our 2 days in Jersey, indulging in some cycling and water based activites that the island offers. Unfortunately, we couldn't do any of the water sports on the first day since the tide was too low and there was barely any wind for surfing or Blokarting. So do keep those things in mind if you're planning a really short trip like we did. We did sign up for Kayaking the next day and boy!was that an experience! The 2 of us have gone kayaking before in Goa and Mauritius. But this was something different. It was more professional since we had a guide with us throughout. We also did some Cliff jumping (well..my husband did, I was too chicken!) and picked oysters off the rocks. In all, it was a memorable experience. I wish we'd had enough time for some of the other activities as well!

Reviewed 13 July 2014

On one of the first days of our holiday, my two boys too to the sea for some paddle boarding. My youngest, who is only 8, struggled to control the board as there was a breeze pushing him back into shore, so I just took him off on his own and let the other group finish their session. Both kids enjoyed it, and would definitely do it again.

A couple of days later I did a sea kayaking afternoon with Chris from Absolute Adventures with my 12 year old son. After a short briefing we took to the water and were soon on our way. Chris gave us some facts about the coastline we were passing, even throwing in some irrelevant ones (I learned that a group of panda's is called a cupboard).

On the way back we did some cliff jumping, which, if i'm honest, was more to my sons liking than mine. It was a great afternoon.

Once back on the beach we were offered a ride on the inflatable settee's which we just couldn't say no to. That ride was a good laugh. Exhilarating and terrifying at the same time. I'm pretty sure they try and and unseat you, to get you into the water. :-)

We will definitely be using Absolute Adventures next year when we are back on the Island.

2  Thank Gus M
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Party of 6 were treated to a day of coasteering and surfing. We all had a fab time and found the instructors fun and adaptable to individual needs. From people afraid of heights to rock climbers our group could have been difficult to please but all had a fun and a challenging time, while feeling secure in the instructors ability. It was all very laid back and stress free with lots of good advice. Anyone who said you can't have a fun stag in Jersey is wrong. Try these guys out...I only wish we had more time to try other activities.

1  Thank darren0204
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Easy to organise, great fun and very knowledgable instructors. We did the paddle boarding, kayaking, cliff jumping and inflatable chair thingies. :-) everyone loved it. Family holiday with kids aged 8 and 12. St Brelades bay is also the perfect location. We'll be coming back next year and booking a weeks worth of activities with Absolute Adventures. Thanks guys! :-)

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Went on this at short notice on 18th June, as the blokarting got cancelled, and got this offered as alternative. I had a lovely time, and it was the highlight of my week in Jersey. Would happily do it all again for longer. Relaxed, friendly staff - gets a 10 out of 10 from me. Well worth it.