My wife and I stayed at the Atlantic Hotel over the weekend of Fri 25th March - Mon 29th March for the occasion of my wife's birthday. From arrival to departure we could not fault the service provided by the team of staff at the hotel. We have stayed at hotels across the world and my wife and I agreed that the staff at the Atlantic Hotel were the most consistently friendly, courteous and professional we have ever had the pleasure to meet. The staff are a real credit to this hotel. The hotel itself was spotlessly clean and immaculately kept and again, this is a credit to the cleaning staff who clearly do a first-rate job.
Over and above the excellent presentation of the hotel and the picturesque setting, there are a couple of small examples to illustrate why staying at this hotel was so enjoyable for us. I had made a passing reference about my wife's birthday to her whilst we were waiting to be seated in the restaurant. Unbeknown to me, one of the restaurant staff must have overheard. At the end of the meal (which was excellent) my wife was presented with petit fours along with her tea and 'Happy Birthday' had been piped onto the plate with the addition of a birthday candle. That fact that this had been unprompted and was completely unexpected was a thoughtful touch.
Secondly, we returned to the hotel fairly late on the Saturday night following an evening in St. Helier and decided to have a nightcap in the bar. We spoke to the very friendly staff member on duty and asked if he could serve us some drinks. He appeared moments later but only after putting on his jacket before attending to us. Had he not put his jacket on we would have been none the wiser and, given it was about 1am or so in the morning, we weren't paying too much attention! However, we appreciated the effort of the member of staff to maintain the hotel's high standards when he could easily have not bothered. Again, only a small detail, but in my experience it's the small details that make a big difference.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Atlantic Hotel and look forward to a return visit and recommending it to our friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of Jersey's finest luxury hotels which combines breathtaking ocean views with a Michelin-starred restaurant, The Atlantic is situated on one of the most stunning sites in the Channel Islands. As one of the top hotels in the British Isles and a proud member of Small Luxury Hotels of the World, the combination of timeless elegance and secluded location makes The Atlantic the perfect hideaway on an island rich in heritage and natural beauty. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, LateRooms, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Atlantic Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantic Hotel St Brelade
- Atlantic Hotel Jersey
- Atlantic St Brelade
- The Atlantic Hotel Jersey/St Brelade