“Amazing Hotel in a beautiful location”
Review of The Atlantic Hotel

The Atlantic Hotel
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in St Brelade
Reviewed 10 August 2011

Stayed here recently for the weekend and it was amazing. The Hotel is in a beautiful location and the views are just amazing. From the minute we arrived we felt very welcomed. We had dinner in the restaurant and the food was exceptional and well worthy of it's Michelin star and the staff were all very attentive and knowledgeable. Throughout our stay, nothing was too much trouble for anyone and it made for a very relaxing break. Would highly recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends

Reviewed 2 August 2011

I won our 2 day weekend break on my local radio station and we were thrilled to be able to come and visit Jersey as always a place we had fancied going. We went on my birthday weekend from 9th-11th July 2011 and luckily we picked a great weekend with perfect weather. Arrived at the hotel at 11.15am and only had to wait 20 mins for our room and were given a welcome drink on arrival. The Staff are very friendly and do go out of there way to help you with anything. The room was lovely had ocean view and the sunsets were amazing. Only thing i thought was quite dated for a modern hotel like this was the TV's thought they might have updated to flatscreens by now. The food in the mitchelin restaurant was absolutely gorgeous, had lobster to start with and beef as a main which was lovely and cooked perfectly. We took our own car which was easier so you could get around when you wanted and having never driven in Jersey before found it very easy. Lovely Staff, excellent service in all - we enjoyed our stay which was a mega treat for me as could never afford to normally stay in such surroundings.

1  Thank Tracey504171
Reviewed 31 July 2011

Can you combine a Michelin starred restaurant with a seaside hotel ?
I think the answer is No, unless there are significant changes.
My wife and I stayed in an Ocean View bedroom at a cost of £300 per night B&B. The quality and standard of fittings in both the bedroom and bathroom are high, but both are small in size. Only one person can access the wardrobe at a time and only one person can pass between the end of the bed and the TV. The bath is short and narrow.
The choice of food at breakfast is fine, the service rather formal.
We had dinner in the restaurant on two nights. The first night was excellent, wonderful food, attentive service and timely. The second night was poor - the restaurant was busy and it was obvious the kitchen couldn't keep up with the demand. It is also debatable whether the only dining option at night should be the Michelin restaurant. Serious consideration should be given to opening a more informal bistro type operation as an alternative. The hotel is somewhat out of the way and exploring alternative dining options does require a car/taxi.
Outside the swimming pool is surrounded by cheap plastic loungers with complimentary towels.
The great asset of the hotel is the staff, all are friendly and helpful, willing to do whatever they can to make your stay as comfortable and enjoyable as they can.

3  Thank Clive Y
Reviewed 29 July 2011

We stayed for two nights and enjoyed a fabulous dinner in the restaurant.
On the plus side the service was superb, although sometimes they made you feel a bit rushed. Location is great, on a windswept cliff overlooking the ocean.
Unfortunately the sea front of the hotel looks like your average tourist hotel,the gym is minuscule and we made the mistake to go for a “Golf View” room rather than “Ocean view” room (the room prices are substantial), which primarily overlooked the parking lot...

Room Tip: If you go splurge on an Ocean View Room!
1  Thank MJN
Reviewed 29 July 2011

I have stayed at the Atlantic several times over the last couple of years and without doubt it has the finest level of service of any hotel I have stayed at. All of the staff are friendly and knowledgeable but not intrusive in any way.

The food is fantastic but the only restaurant is the Michelin Starred Ocean Restaurant which is a little pricey for every day, the room service menu is good but choice is limited.

The rooms are lovely, specious and well furnidhed but be warned that they are not air conditioned.

Finally, make sure yolu have a hire car because you are a long way from anything!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 July 2011

First let me say, the staff at this hotel are first class and without that we would have left early. I was torn between a poor and average rating, but really average is too high given the prices they charge for such a small room.

The rooms are small, smaller than the average Premier Inn and crucially they are not air conditioned. The Bathrooms are very small. Everything was clean and in order, but at these prices it just doesn't cut it.

The fact that the only restaurant is an overly fussy "Michelin starred" one means there is no where to properly relax. No casual dining, no where to sit and chill out. I had a problem with one dish which they failed to correct but still charged me full price.

The pool is small and surrounded by plastic chairs and loungers, again, not what you expect at this price. Also, we were two couples staying and despite having connecting rooms they decided to put us on separate floors.

I don't want to seem to be rubbishing it as they have a nice hotel but oversell themselves by hanging onto this notion the because their restaurant has a star they are gods gift to hotels and charge accordingly. Well let me tell you, many people don't want that all the time, they most certainly don't want to be told how to dress.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
9  Thank TravelTooOften
Reviewed 26 July 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Atlantic Hotel over the weekend of Fri 25th March - Mon 29th March for the occasion of my wife's birthday. From arrival to departure we could not fault the service provided by the team of staff at the hotel. We have stayed at hotels across the world and my wife and I agreed that the staff at the Atlantic Hotel were the most consistently friendly, courteous and professional we have ever had the pleasure to meet. The staff are a real credit to this hotel. The hotel itself was spotlessly clean and immaculately kept and again, this is a credit to the cleaning staff who clearly do a first-rate job.

Over and above the excellent presentation of the hotel and the picturesque setting, there are a couple of small examples to illustrate why staying at this hotel was so enjoyable for us. I had made a passing reference about my wife's birthday to her whilst we were waiting to be seated in the restaurant. Unbeknown to me, one of the restaurant staff must have overheard. At the end of the meal (which was excellent) my wife was presented with petit fours along with her tea and 'Happy Birthday' had been piped onto the plate with the addition of a birthday candle. That fact that this had been unprompted and was completely unexpected was a thoughtful touch.

Secondly, we returned to the hotel fairly late on the Saturday night following an evening in St. Helier and decided to have a nightcap in the bar. We spoke to the very friendly staff member on duty and asked if he could serve us some drinks. He appeared moments later but only after putting on his jacket before attending to us. Had he not put his jacket on we would have been none the wiser and, given it was about 1am or so in the morning, we weren't paying too much attention! However, we appreciated the effort of the member of staff to maintain the hotel's high standards when he could easily have not bothered. Again, only a small detail, but in my experience it's the small details that make a big difference.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Atlantic Hotel and look forward to a return visit and recommending it to our friends.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa
Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa
#5 of 30 in St Helier
Radisson Blu Waterfront Hotel, Jersey

Been to The Atlantic Hotel? Share your experiences!