“Best Hotel for views & staff”
Review of The Atlantic Hotel

The Atlantic Hotel
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in St Brelade
Reviewed 4 August 2012

This was our 6th visit to the Atlantic and didn't disappoint as usual.The staff are couteous and well mannered.The hotel is welcoming and has the best views in Jersey.Breakfast is something to look forward to,with the buffet and Jersey full breakfast.

Room Tip: Get an ocean view as the views when you open the curtains in the morning are wonderful
3  Thank Tiggerific123
There are newer reviews for The Atlantic Hotel

Reviewed 2 August 2012

My wife and I wanted a relaxing, luxury weekend and we were not disappointed, it is hard to think of any way to improve on the weekend we had. The staff, the food, the ambience, the environment were all perfect.

Room Tip: We chose the sea view rooms and it was worth the premium
2  Thank Chris M
Reviewed 2 August 2012

We spent four nights here in mid July and although the weather was mixed we had absolutely
first class service from this very well positioned hotel.
Staff were all first class. The ocean view room excellent, no fridge but room service was most efficient. We used the restaurant twice and the food and attention to detail superb.
Working out how to use the bath /shower taps was interesting and instructions woiuld have helped! probably one of the best short breaks we have had.

1  Thank ironmanOxon
Reviewed 21 July 2012

Went to sample the set lunch menu and initially was impressed with the restaurant and staff. The table was beautifully presented and the staff were well turned out. They were a bit over attentive though and insisted on explaining what was on every plated dish delivered. Surprisingly it was what I had ordered and they kept breaking into our conversation!
I unfortunately sent my calves liver back as it was too salty. The replacement dish was also very salty but my companions had finished and if they couldn't get it right twice I was reluctant to let the chef have a third attempt!

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank 551613Gerald54
Reviewed 13 July 2012

I stayed in the Atlantic Hotel on Jersey for the first time this week and found it excellent - even without trying the Michelin 1-star restaurant! It stands on a wonderful location overlooking the sea and a short taxi ride from the airport. The room was extremely comfortable and was both restful and conducive to work - a difficult combination in my opinion. I will likely return on future work visits to the island and would highly recommend for either leisure or work purposes.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the sea.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I had a short trip to Jersey to meet up with some friends and had stayed 2 nights central to St Helier. When my friends went home I had a hire car delivered and relocated to the Atlantic Hotel as my base for the next couple of days.

I'd only just parked up when someone was out of the door to get my luggage. Reception staff were charming and the place just has a great feel to it. Its not the plushest I've ever been in, but it is a million miles away from the blandness of some of the bigger chains, without being as twee as some of the grand Jersey Hotels can be.

When I got to the room there was a half bottle of Taittinger on ice that must have been delivered as I was checking in. I am a member of their Small Luxury Hotel programme but this was only my second stay so I was impressed with that and the upgrade to an ocean view.

The bedroom was more than adequate but not particularly luxury - I would say the style was a bit colonial with painted louvered doors and light pastel bedding. A good seating area by the patio doors and the small juliet balcony offered views across the pool and grounds to the ocean.

I ate in the restaurant on the first night and the food was excellent. I took room service breakfast and had kedgeree the next morning - one of the nicest I've had. I also had room service that night and again for breakfast. All beautifully presented - white tablecloth laid out, full silver service - not just dumped on a tray and left.

I sat opposite the bar in the lounge for a while one night and it had a good atmosphere, mostly couples while I was there. The staff suggested I might like the library. I think they were just looking out for me and thought I would be more comfortable as I was on my own, but maybe a bit overprotective. And on my last full day the sun broke through and they set up a table for me by the pool to enjoy the last of the rays after I had been out investigating the island.

Lovely place, and the staff are a credit to the owner. The accommodation is expensive relative to the UK, but then again the whole of Jersey is. The deals for couples (including meals and hire car etc) look good value but not for a single traveller, hence my slightly lower score for value.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank RedVeeUk
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Still as good as ever. Weather was unfortunate. 2nd floor (top) best for view of golf course and sea.

Also consider these accommodations in or near St Brelade
#1 of 16 in St Brelade
St. Brelades Bay Hotel
St. Brelades Bay Hotel
#5 of 16 in St Brelade

Been to The Atlantic Hotel? Share your experiences!