“Simply fantastic on every level!”
Review of The Atlantic Hotel

The Atlantic Hotel
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in St Brelade
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Just returned from a long weekend at the Atlantic. What a fantastic place to stay even in out of season February. From check in to check out you could not fault anything.

The level of service is just exceptional, the staff are an absolute credit to the management of this hotel and I am looking forward to staying again.

The tasting menu in the restaurant with paired wines was sublime, the sommelier really knew his stuff despite appearing to be so young (or maybe I am just getting older!). Breakfasts were lovely, not the normal buffet offering but served to you at the table.

I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough and look forward to going back soon.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Percy33
There are newer reviews for The Atlantic Hotel

Reviewed 31 December 2013

We have just spent four nights at The Atlantic Hotel as a break between Christmas and New Year. All the staff throughout this beautiful hotel are professional, very courteous and friendly. They really could not do enough for us. The moment we arrived a porter came out to carry our luggage from the car. Similarly, the young lady on reception even walked us to the car with an umbrella in the driving rain as we left this morning. The restaurant staff were also attentive and very polite. The food was delicious and exquisitely presented in the evening. Cooked breakfast was hearty and there was a superb buffet table. Thank you for a lovely stay.

3  Thank Elaine W
Reviewed 18 December 2013

I stayed here with family whilst visiting friends on the Island. From the outside of the hotel, I was slightly concerned as it didn't look the most appealing place to stay. As soon as we stepped inside my opinion completely changed. Stunning decoration combining traditional style with slight modern twists in the bar area. Staff were absolutely incredible, so attentive and literally go above and beyond - particularly the restaurant staff. I have never had service quite so flawless anywhere else and I have stayed in some fantastic hotels. Everybody was so friendly and eager to please. The food was good, even the breakfast which often these days when it is included in your room rate can be a bit of a let down in terms of quality but it was great. You have the option of helping yourself to the buffet or ordering fresh hot food from a great menu.
Fresh orange juice - always something that is noticeable. Coffee could have been better but it wasn't bad, and as a big coffee lover I must admit I am probably more critical than the average person.
Bar drink selection was good - some lovely wines at reasonable prices, the only thing I would have liked is a small bar menu i.e. breads and olive oils and small snacky things but they did bring out some crisps and nuts which were lovely.

All in all, I would most definitely return, I would highly recommend to anybody I know! Superb!

Room Tip: Ring the hotel directly to match any prices you see online - we had friends who were going to be cha...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Charm089
Reviewed 15 December 2013

On arrival to this beautiful hotel we were greeted by wonderful professional staff to check in. The lobby is stunning together with the views. We were given a complimentary upgrade to a sea view room (as it was a quiet time of year) which was very nice. The rooms are nice if a little dated unfortunately. However this didn't and wouldn't put me off staying here again as it was charming. The thing that made our stay was the meal (and breakfast!) in Ocean Restaurant... now one of my favourite restaurants. The service was impeccable, not too intrusive as so often can be the case in higher end establishments. The staff were also very friendly and chatty which was lovely. The food was absolutely amazing and I simply cannot wait to go back one day. Overall I would like to see the hotel rooms get a bit more up to date.. ie furniture, TV and another let down was the pool area and gym. I know it isn't advertised as a 'spa' as such but a little seating around the pool area to read would be nice and the gym was fairly unusable I am afraid, very old equipment. Please do not let this put you off however as it really is a lovely place to stay.

2  Thank Mezz79
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Stayed at The Atlantic for 3 nights on our first trip to Jersey. Staff managed to find the perfect balance between friendliness and efficiency, and made us feel very welcome. Agree with previous contributor that the rooms could have been a little more luxurious in view of the star rating; bed linen very dated and poorly designed bathrooms that lacked professional finish. However, that said, the staff more than made up for shortcomings elsewhere, and the dining experience was second to none. Wonderful food and knowledgeable staff made what could have been a mediocre stay into a memorable one. Only fly in the ointment was having to scrutinise the final bill as they had charged us for meals that had been prepaid with our booking. No drama - and the fee was immediately taken off, but reception should have checked booking before issuing bill. But now I'm being pedantic!

Reviewed 4 December 2013

The Atlantic Hotel certainly lived up to its glowing reviews, great views and setting, attentive friendly, staff, excellent breakfast and so on. However the TV was rather dated with a poor quality picture and the picture would revert to a menu at times - strange for a hotel that offers wonderful service. The other oddity was breakfast - an excellent Jersey breakfast was offered with bacon & sausage but non-carnivores had to pay extra for fish or Glamorgan sausages. We did enjoy our stay and would certainly return to the Atlantic.

Room Tip: Ocean view but at a price!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 December 2013

I have stayed in many good hotels over a number of years when travelling on business but I can honestly say that the Atlantic is one of the very best I have visited.

My wife and I stayed here for our 40th wedding anniversary and were pleasantly surprised to be welcomed with a half bottle of champagne.

Every member of staff that we met were very friendly and extremely good at their job resulting in a wonderful atmosphere.

The restaurant is superb and is thoroughly recommended.

We look forward to returning in the future.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
#1 of 16 in St Brelade
St. Brelades Bay Hotel
St. Brelades Bay Hotel
#5 of 16 in St Brelade

Been to The Atlantic Hotel? Share your experiences!