“Special occasion lunch”

The Atlantic Hotel
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in St Brelade
“Special occasion lunch”
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Champagne, their delicious set lunch in the beautiful restaurant overlooking the sea, excellent service, coffee on the terrace in the sunshine, made a birthday feel very special. A bit more expensive than my usual lunch venue but worth every penny to feel so relaxed and special.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank jerseymoo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (272)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 April 2014

I chose this hotel for a minibreak with my teenage daughter as it had fantastic reviews. After a very quick taxi ride from the airport the staff at the Atlantic hotel were welcoming and polite. I would agree with another review that the staff are very well trained as to not be intrusive - the only exception to this was at breakfast and lunch where they are a little to quick to take your plates away and at lunch 'hovered' a bit. Needless to say the food is of a very high standard and beautifully presented. The view at the hotel is stunning and it is a ten minute walk down to the beach. We enjoyed this but is a steep climb and not recommended for all. My only criticism of hotel is that I would have expected the interior to be in art deco style to match the exterior. I was looking forward to enjoying a modern 1930's style interior as I'm a big art deco fan but the hotel is decorated in a kind of faux Greek/Georgian mix which although comfortable and very clean is not what I would have expected. Do not let that put you off as this hotel is a great getaway and we enjoyed a peaceful and relaxing break with delicous food in beautiful surroundings.

Room Tip: We had a golf view which was quiet and still had a good view
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Mich841
Yateley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Just back from a three night stay on the Michelin package at the Atlantic Hotel. My friend and I stayed in the Executive suite and the hotel booked us into all the restaurants included in the package. The service was superb - every single member of staff was polite, friendly, helpful and attentive without being intrusive. The food was great quality, lovely fresh cooked breakfast and the night we ate in the hotel we had the tasting menu which lived up to the celebrity status!
Beautiful setting overlooking St Ouens Bay. Loved every minute of it!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Maria G
UK
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

We have just returned from a 4 night stay taking advantage of the 3 for 2 deal which makes it amazing value. The whole hotel is elegant, pristine and welcoming, but the real pluses are the staff and the amazing food. The restaurant really is excellent on every level. Great options, beautiful presentation and interesting menus with a couple of my personal highlights being the langoustines, the sole and the soufflé although my husband would say the beef and the chocolate fondant! If you're looking for a great base for a short break I would highly recommend this hotel and I hope we get to return soon for another foodie experience.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Jersey
Reviewed 2 April 2014

My husband & I had stayed at the Atlantic a few years ago but stayed in a ground floor room which at the time was not modern and a little dingy so we were not holding our breath to see if anything had changed. We eat in the restaurant now and again so new this was not going to fail. We checked in and found ourselves in the most wonderfully warm, cheerful and comfortable room, bright with beautiful decor and wonderful views. Awaiting us was a bottle of champagne and some fruit. The bathroom has all,the necessary accompaniments all from Molton Brown. We spent the afternoon in the pool and had it to ourselves, then dined early evening- the food and service was magnificent. It was a welcome relaxing break in a really great hotel. The staff were so friendly, helpful and cheerful. We normally pick a rival hotel for our get away break, but will now have this top of our list, definitely value for money if you enjoy being pampered and like up market service and quality, and the breakfast an added bonus - A real gem

Room Tip: A sea view room at this hotel is a must and really worth it, it also overlooks the pool and gardens
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank BigglesJersey
Derbyshire
Reviewed 30 March 2014

If you want a treat come to this hotel. The rooms are spotless and very comfortable with nice bathrooms and Sky tv. The staff everywhere are very friendly and helpful with nothing too much trouble. The restaurant is the best bit with really lovely food and very attentive service and fully justifies all the rosettes and star.
Definitely among the best hotels I have ever used in many years and not over expensive. A nice touch was the car hire included and arranged by the hotel - all we had to do was collect the car at the airport.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BridgendDerbyshire
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

I have just got back from a few days away here and have nothing but praise for this hotel. The room was lovely, nice big bed and lovely bathroom. The view over the golf course was beautiful as well.
The reception staff were very friendly and helpful, and I must comment on how incredible the restaurant staff were. When I mentioned at breakfast that I was gluten intolerant they immediately brought me some gluten free toast. The cooked breakfast was also fantastic, I don't often choose hot breakfasts as they can be quite greasy but the food was cooked to perfection.
We also had lunch in the restaurant from the set menu which was divine.
I cannot fault this hotel and will definitely be staying here again!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
#1 of 32 in St Helier
Golden Sands Hotel
Golden Sands Hotel
#9 of 16 in St Brelade

Been to The Atlantic Hotel? Share your experiences!