“Great location, relaxing sight, outstanding service! Thanks to all.”
Review of Highlands Hotel

and 1 more site!
Highlands Hotel
Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in St Brelade
Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

We are tourists from Germany and in June/July we spent about 10 days at The Highlands. It is a nice old, but newly decorated, hotel with a great location next to the lighthouse of La Corbière. We had a room with balcony to the sea and the sight was very relaxing. The service was always very quick, caring and committed. We got lot's of good advice about our excursions. They even arranged one early breakfast and one breakfast in our room, because we had to leave really early for excursions these days. On the day of departure we were allowed to stay in our room longer. Special thanks to our waitress Paula and to her male colleague (sorry, unfortunately I don't know his name) - they gave our stay a familiar and cosy atmosphere.

• Stayed: June 2013

Reviewed 7 October 2013

We stayed here for one night whilst walking the Jersey coastal path. The hotel is set right on the coast with wonderful views of Corbiere lighthouse. We stayed in October and the hotel was very, very quiet only a few guests. Our room was fantastic as it overlooked the coast, had a balcony and it was large and clean. The hotel itself had been decorated and updated in most places, some areas like the corridors still looked a little out dated, but that didn't matter as they were clean.
The staff were very welcoming and even recommend the restaurant next door for our evening meal, even thought they were open at the hotel for food. The breakfast was also good too. So overall a great place!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 September 2013

The service was second to none, very clean hotel, excellent views from the back of the hotel
Ricardo and his team were brilliant, very relaxing, lots to do,rooms are very bright in decor , food was as one would expect from a 5 star hotel, god only knows why this hotel is rated lower.
We will definitley be going back, would'nt of had it any other way, we loved everthing about the hotel, FAULTLESS.

Room Tip: the rooms to the rear have fantastic sea views
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank wizzy900
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I have recently returned from a 10 night stay and I really can't praise this hotel highly enough. From the moment I checked in (over a glass of wine) to the moment I left I cannot fault my stay here. The hotel is in a superb position with fantastic views over the sea and cliffs. The staff were absolutely great; nothing was too much trouble. My room was spacious and well-decorated and serviced to a very high level each day - it was absolutely spotless. The food was good and service was quick and always with a smile. Plenty of car parking space - not always easy to find in Jersey hotels. The price was very reasonable. I hope to go back there next year. Keep up the great work guys - the hotel does you all proud!

Room Tip: I had a room on the East on the car park side but it was fine.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank MIKE2712
Reviewed 22 September 2013

My baby son and I had a fantastic 6 night stay at the highlands back in August, a lovely room and the staff went out of the way to look after us. Swimming pools were lovely and warm and the new swings were an added bonus.
Plenty of room for my son to crawl around inside and out without getting in the way of other guests (I hope!)
Will definitely be back!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank GeoffreyWelsh
Reviewed 21 September 2013

We spent a wonderful week at this hotel. On arrival we were greeted with a complimentary glass of wine served by the friendly staff. The rooms were spacious and comfortable with spectacular views. The food was good and served with a smile from the waiter. There is plenty to keep the young ones entertained. With a games room/TV lounge and even an outside play area for the younger ones to use while the older ones sit by the pools relaxing with a drink!
Throughout the week we were well looked after and we cannot praise the staff highly enough and will certainly be visiting again.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I think one gets what one pays for at this hotel but I do think they have room for improvements.

The balcony rooms have been painted but the wardrobes are still old and tatty wooden door fronts. There was only one chair in the lounge area, no table on the balcony and cheap plastic chairs. The shower was a trickle and the shower holder on the bath was broken.There isn't any iron or a safe in the rooms. The corridors are tatty and dated with old fashioned carpets and pink curtains and the toilets in the reception are also pink.

Breakfast - everything was pre-cooked and reheated and wasn't pleasant. I expect things like eggs to be cooked to order. Hash browns on one morning were cold. When hot ones arrived they had clearly been nuked in the microwave and were ridiculously hot. They advertise a continental breakfast which I ordered one morning, what actually arrived was a couple of slices of cheese and ham with a section of tomato. This is not a continental breakfast.

The staff were efficient but I wouldn't say they were over friendly. Was allowed a late check out which was appreciated.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends