“Excellent”

St. Brelades Bay Hotel
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in St Brelade
Reviewed 4 July 2012

My wife and I came back thoroughly refreshed after our long weekend in the St Brelades Bay Hotel. We would suggest paying the supplement to have a room with a balcony, there really just arent many better views to wake up to in the world! You have a choice of the sea, two swimming pools and a gym to keep you occupied, or you can relax in the beautiful gardens and soak up the sun. I have stayed in a few hotels in Jersey and this is by far the best for value and quality. Well done to all the staff and keep up the good work!

Room Tip: Sea view with balcony is a must, only a small supplement.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank newsgroup

Reviewed 2 July 2012

I have been for lunch several times in the last few months, each time the service and food has been excellent. Yesterday was the first time that I had been for their Suday Lunch and it was excellent 10/10. I haven't stayed there but my daughter has and thought it was superb. The Hotel has wonderful views and is in a sheltered corner of St Brelade's Bay. I had a look around their Spa which is also of an excellent standard. Certainly one of the best hotels in Jersey and where I would stay if was visiting. Close to the beach and some great restaurants in the Bay and nearby St Aubin. On a good bus route and not far from the airport.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 June 2012

My partner and I stayed here for valentines as my mother and fathern law booked it for a treat as we could not go on holiday due to my broken ankle.
I called up a week before asking if i could have a wheel chair when i arrived and a room close to the reception area not too far away from the restaurant also. and to book a table for lunch.

Well when we arrived There was no wheel chair they would have to soarce one and bring it to our room, we waited 30mins and had to call them from the room again to remind them.
Our room was the furthest away from the reception etc, tryed to change it and said NO the hotel is full.we had to go down two stairs to get to it which is very difficult with my ankle.
Went for lunch the waiters where lovely, But i asked for guine foul and got chicken breast which they tryed to say it was not, I know the difference.They would not do anything about it.

my partner used the new swimming pool and health suite and really enjoyed it, I could not go as my ankle was broken so i chilled out in the room and balcony and read my book.The rooms where very nice, but only a bath shower so i could not get in it to shower.

Evening meal we had booked and asked for a table away from the door and in the window, but got one at the door. my inlaws asked for us to be ala cart for dinner due to us coming for lunch when they booked it and said we could have anything, and the receptionist said that was no problem.
The bar guy not Tudor (who was very welcoming and friendly) the other one got annoyed when we asked for the menus he said it was just set nothing else, it was the same as the lunch menu apart from an added steak so it was paintless coming for luch.but they would not do anything else

The heating was on in the corridors FULL blast on a hot day we had to sleep with the doors open.
so was not a good stay at all

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank clairekubicki
Reviewed 30 June 2012

Excellent hotel overlooking beach.
Food of a high standard and excellent quality and dining room staff unusually warm and helpful. Can recommend.
After my visit to Penally Abbey in Tenby I recognised that the hotel was a bit impersonal which is fine if you don't mind that. This is my only criticism apart from a tad pricey.
L Cheetham

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2012

Charming hotel right by the beautiful sand beach of St Brelade Bay. Spacious clean room with a comfortable bed and a balcony overlooking the bay. Extremely nice continental breakfast and hotel is neighbor with a great gym that is free of charge for hotel guests and that can be accessed for the hotel. Perfect hotel for couples and families.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Joachim P
Reviewed 15 June 2012

We stayed for a couple of nights in this traditional hotel. The room was very nice, if not a touch old fashioned. It was very spacious and light with a balcony overlooking a fantastic view of the bay. The service was very friendly and relaxed but still efficient. The TV in the room was a bizarre and very outdated system that was all but impossible to operate. This was however the only black mark on an otherwise very nice stay. You do need to be aware however that the restaurant does shut very early and it is work checking the times if you are arriving in the evening and are hoping for a meal. The breakfast was a buffet style but the food was very nice. Overall if I return to Jersey this is a hotel I will look at staying in again.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a sea view.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GeorgeA_UK
Reviewed 13 June 2012

Booked this hotel in the basis of reviews and we not disapointed. The hotels staff were all very friendly and helpful. The room we had (upgraded on arrival) was superb. Recently refurbished to a very good standard and wonderful sea view from the balcony. Did not dine in the restaurant but it was full both nights we were there, so it must be good. Highly recommend this hotel and St Brelades Bay as a great place to stay on Jersey.

Room Tip: Room 47 was superb. On a corner, so larger room which has been refurbished. Great views from the bal...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
#6 of 16 in St Brelade
Somerville Hotel
Somerville Hotel
#2 of 4 in St Aubin

Been to St. Brelades Bay Hotel? Share your experiences!