“Best location on the island”

St. Brelades Bay Hotel
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in St Brelade
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I was recommended this hotel by a resident of Jersey when I asked him where should I stay and he got it spot on.

We booked a room with a balcony and fell lucky with the recent weather, unseasonably warm for April! The views over the Bay are stunning and sitting with a drink in the evening before dinner or breakfast on the balcony is a joy.

Rooms are very pleasant and clean and the staff in the hotel are very friendly. The Spa and Gym facitlities are also very good and we were fortunate enough to be able to use the outdoor pool and sun loungers in April where the excellent service continued.

We only ate in the restaurant for breakfast where even at 8:00am the Head waiter is in Black Tie. Slightly old world formal but there's nothing wrong with polite, efficient service.

Room Tip: Superior Doubles with balcony - they are on the higher floors, so you get the better view of the bay
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 22 April 2014

We stayed here on a Saturday late in March. Having stayed at the L'Horizon across the road last year I would chose the SBB every time. The rooms are unpretentious and whilst not on the beach side, you would not notice. The views are unsurprisingly amazing and the balcony large enough to comfortably sit out on although not private. The facilities are great with good pool and gym, and the gardens and outside pool will come into their own in the summer if you don't like the sand! The full English was one of the best I have had in a very long time, and whilst the restaurant is a little traditional the food is flawless. Great for families.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mike_Lunch
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Stayed here for a birthday overnight stay. The penthouse suite was to die for and huge. The staff couldn't do enough for us. The spa was clean and well equipped, and the food is probably one of the nicest hotel food I have ever had, all in all a great stay, would highly recommend.

Room Tip: Try and upgrade to a suite
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 April 2014

This hotel occupies a superb viewpoint overlooking the bay - cross the road and you're on the front promenade. It underwent a major refurb a couple of years ago, and clearly a lot of money was spent: it's very tastefully furnished throughout, with welcoming bar, restaurant and lounge areas. Our seaview rooms were spacious and well appointed, with balconies affording great views. The staff were, without exception, friendly and helpful. We enjoyed a Mother's Day dinner in the restaurant, and the quality of food and service made it a really special occasion. there are tiered, well manicured gardens at the rear, featuring a tennis court and an outdoor pool with adjoining bar/cafe. It's certainly not a cheap place to stay, but some deals can be found, and it's definitely a hotel to visit if you're going to push the boat out. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Seaview rooms will cost a bit more, but it's definitely worth it to be able to sit on your balco...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Dash1957
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Excellent hotel,from the moment we walked into hotel,we were greeted by a lovely girl,I think her name was toria,really made us feel special,we were only there one night,wished we had booked longer,food great room great staff great,especially the reception girl,will stay here again,lovely hotel

Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 9 April 2014

We stayed for a week, late March / early April 2014. Sea view room was super, everything was well organised, and the food was excellent. The staff were very helpful and courteous. Only a few minutes from the airport, but a peaceful location by the beach. The cost wasn't too high - so excellent value. We had complimentary use of the gym and a lovely modern pool. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms overlook the bay - gorgeous. Best higher up, eg 3rd floor
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 April 2014

We had an overnight stay for my birthday a couple weeks ago. Had a family room which was clean and spacious enough and my girls had their own bedroom. Their tv did not work. The room #55 looked out over the back of the hotel. Bowl of fruit and 2 small bottles of water was included which was nice. Also tea and coffee tray in room included. No fridge although was space for one in the cupboard under tv. Sent the kids down to reception for a bucket of ice. The floor was very uneven and sloped all over the place. Lots of light came in one of the windows in the morning just outside the bathroom even with the blind, not good.
Breakfast was buffet, good choice although the hot food was luke warm but I guess with a buffet it is hard to keep it constantly hot. Main problem was not enough room on the table. 4 of us at a table of 4 but should really be for a 3 at most to be honest. 3 women were sat at a larger table than we had by the looks of it. We had tea and coffee so that meant a pot of tea, pot of coffee, pot each of hot and cold milk, our cups and saucers, sugar bowl, 2 toast racks, side plates. and all the rest of it with hardly anywhere for our breakfast plate or juice. pathetically cramped.
Pool was nice and big as was the steam room, spa pool could take 4-5 people. The kids can only swim between 10-12 and 3-5 pm!! Also there is a sign saying kids under 15 should not use the steam room or spa pool! "Should" being the key word. "Should not" is advice to me as the parent so I let my kids in the spa pool for a couple mins evey now and then. Saturday no staff kicked them out but Sunday a staff member told me kids under 15 were NOT allowed to use the spa pool so my daughter had to get out. If this is their rule then the sign must say they can NOT use it, not "SHOULD not". Also if it is their rule then why did the staff on Saturday not ask my kids to leave the spa pool????? I was told on the sunday it was because of health and Safety!! So saturdays staff were allowing my kids to be put at risk??? Also, the lane separater thing in the pool that floats so people can do lengths was filthy, I scraped some of the brown stuff off of it with my thumb nail. Basically your kids can swim for only selected hours during the day but if you want to sit in the bar all day with them, then you can! seems a bit backwards.

We ate across the road at pizza express and we are glad we did. Most customers having dinner at the hotel were in suits and the wait staff dress like captain Stubing from the love Boat. Very over the top. I prefer casual which is why we went out. Great location across the road from the beach but I won't return.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Radisson Blu Waterfront Hotel, Jersey
Longueville Manor
Longueville Manor
#1 of 5 in StSaviour

Been to St. Brelades Bay Hotel? Share your experiences!