“Fantastic place”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 22 July 2014

My husband and I went to the restaurant twice on our weekend break the first was on saturday night very packed quite noisy but a fab meal 2 steaks cooked to perfection mine was a BLUE steak which was excellent start of chilli prawns yum, second night we had the calamaris very tasty and yet again another get steak. house dry wine was reasonable and we had a cheese board for the second night and it was my husbands birthday on that day so they gave him a port to go with the cheese. very good atmosphere and very pleasant and helpful staff. Music lighting and candles add to the complete restuarant atmosphere so go there when you are in st aubin you will not be disppointed.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

My partner and I shared the pan fried scallops, prawn and chorizo starter, hardly any prawns and we found only one scallop, the plate was basically packed out with potato. I had the Bunny Chow main course and the sauce seemed to be the same as the starter sauce, it was also packed out mostly with potatoes, my partner had fish and chips with soggy batter. The staff seem over confident with what they are doing and we won't be going back, sorry.

3  Thank Peter W
Reviewed 3 July 2014

LOVE LOVE LOVED our meal here. My boyfriend & I went to Lazin Lizard for a friday night meal. The restaurant was buzzing - but in a great way. There was a table of 10 in and it didn't disturb or cause a scene - often when big tables are in you can't help but hear them.

The service was amazing. LOVED the cocktail guy who whipped up some AMAZING cocktails including a 'Lychee Martini', and even got my boyfriend drinking a 'Mango Colada'. They were delicious.

We had ribs and steak - both delicious. Will 100% be going back - they have specials which aren't on the menu but change regularly. The last one I saw was the Chorizo Burger which let's be honest, would be AMAZING. Making me hungry thinking about it.

PLUS If you are ever at the Traff/at St Aubin late & need some fuel, they do take out pizza (and even deliver it to the traff for you).

1  Thank Jessica2121
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Been to this restaurant a few times now and food consistently excellent. Chilli garlic king prawn starter to die for, and the sticky ribs are amazing! Jam jar cocktails are lovely especially the mango colada. Definitely recommend and the staff are simply wonderful.

1  Thank Sally M
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Love this little restaurant, food so tasty and we ate dishes we would never have tried as the staff were so happy to explain ingredients to us. South African meals delicious but there is a good variety of international food for every taste. We ate here 3 times during our holiday, cocktails delicious especially the lychee martini and with Bob Marley background music adding to the atmosphere. The Lazin Lizard has only been open two and a half months and is already very popular, not surprising. Thanks to everyone, we'll miss this little restaurant very much.