One thing that hits you straight away is the friendliness of all the staff. Nothing was too mush trouble for any of them. Within minutes of arrival I had made two requests: an extra chair in the room being one. Before we had returned from emptying the car, the chair was in place. Because of illness, my wife has a fairly specialised diet at present. This was never a problem, with any request being sympathetically met.
Our room had a lovely balcony and the most amazing view over a beautiful bay. The supplement for a sea view was well worth the extra. To draw back the curtains in the morning and to be met with such a view was enchanting. Our room was on the top floor which maximised the view. The room was in excellent order, well equipped and absolutely spotless. My wife travels everywhere with antiseptic wipes, but they were never unpacked!
The dining room has the most amazing view over the bay. Breakfast was excellent and freshly cooked to order. Dinner was also superb with enough choice to keep most people happy.. We had booked just bed and breakfast, but after dinner on the first night, we decided to eat in the hotel every night. We thought the table d'hote menu of £19.00 was excellent value. Imagine our delight when we came to pay the bill to discover that, as we had eaten there every night, the management had actually charged us the half-board supplement of just under £10.00 per night. We were impressed by many such considerate actions.
The pool was attractive and well maintained, though we did not swim. The grounds were also immaculate with plenty of areas to sit and relax. The position of the hotel, at the top of the hill makes it an unlikely choice for families with small children as there are many hotels in St Brelade's right on the beach. The result is that the hotel is quiet and restful. We sat in the sun and relaxed. If you come without a car , it is quite a trek up from the beach; but the hotel is well served by a bus route which passes just behind the hotel. There is also a bus route from the beach area.
We are already planning our next visit to The Windmills.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Windmills Hotel has an official (JQA) 3 Star grading. It is a family run hotel and the ideal base from which to enjoy your Jersey experience. Apart from its amazing sea views, the Hotel is a short downhill walk to St Brelade beach, only 100 metres to the nearest bus stop and within easy reach of St Aubins village and the railway walk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Windmills Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windmills Hotel St Brelade
- Windmills Hotel Jersey/St Brelade