All reviewsst brelades baysteve janesea viewdining roomsteep walkyear after yearbar menuamazing viewsreturn next yearthree stareggs benedictgreat holidayfood is excellentbus stopnothing is too much troublehalf boardheated pool
Reviewed 24 June 2014

From the moment I booked our long weekend break I knew I had made the right choice for a very special break.

Booking late I called in the hope I could get a room with a (spectacular) view of St Brelades bay, The team did everything within their power to make this happen and whilst it wouldn't suit everyone for this 'late ask' to happen we stayed in a different Room/Suite every night, each was spectacular for its views and whilst the standards varied this was in the range of from Great to Superb to Amazing! There was no inconvenience on our part and the staff were diligent in moving our belongings.

The initial view on arriving (if this is your first visit to Jersey/St Brelades) is of the rear of the hotel the Entrance looks inviting but you could be forgiven for not being overly impressed HOWEVER from the second you enter the doors, the reception to your left and the stunning gardens and view of the bay before you, you cannot help but be (rightly) impressed.

Check in was swift with a fantastic warm welcome from proprietor Jane Law. Jane kindly showed us to our first floor spacious room with sliding patio doors, double bed and sofa, not that we were here to watch TV but there were two.

Having unpacked we headed for the patio to soak up the views of the grounds, beautifully manicured gardens and an inviting looking pool. My wife sampled her first Jersey crab sandwich and I indulged in a steak & caramelised onion ciabatta.

There is a varied menu and there are daily specials. We stayed on a B&B basis, I could easily recommend staying here on a half board basis but our preference is to sample as many locations as we can when on a holiday, it is no reflection that we only lunched her once, dined here once and breakfasted daily. Breakfast is a marvellous affair with a great array of cold foods on a buffet and hot foods from the kitchen. All served I'd add by amazing and friendly staff.

The team here under proprietors Steve & Jane's 'stewardship' are nothing short of wonderful. They're professional, friendly and nothing is absolutely too much trouble. In my former years I worked in the Hotel Hospitality industry and I can tell when a team is both cohesive & enjoying their work, there are no doubts this team work well together and enjoy their jobs!

People often aspire to stay at the more renowned hotels with all of their 'trimmings and finery' and it's true to say there is a perceived gulf between those 'prestige hotels' and The Windmills but balance price and a warm family values versus price and corporate efficiency/appearance then add in the difference in views especially taking in the elevated position and The Windmills Hotel should win every time. I'm truly glad that I discovered The Windmills.

I'm extremely grateful for the experience of staying at The Windmills, If we are able to return to Jersey despite the wide range of hotels available I'll never look for an alternative now I've sampled the delights here, I truly recommend you stay sometime.

Some general advice; All floors are reachable by a small modern elevator. The Hotel is near the top of a steep hill. it is close to a bus route/bus stop if you don't have your own transport (but I'd recommend you do if staying here).

Room Tip: Although at a slight premium, in my view if you can afford the little extra asking for a Sea View Room is a must.
1  Thank Andrew S
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We have visited The Windmills as a family, on an all girls holiday and this weekend, as a couple. Every time it has been amazing; having stayed at seven other hotels in Jersey, The Windmills would always be my first choice when visiting Jersey. The staff are attentive, particularly the lovely Marion in the restaurant, the food is sensational, and the atmosphere is lovely. Unfortunately we didn't have a seaview room for our entire visit, just one night, but we were moved effortlessly and the room was nice, we've just been spoiled previously with the sea view rooms! For anyone who gets the choice, the extra for the sea view room is definitely worth it!
Everything was perfect, as usual. We will be back soon!

Room Tip: Pay the seaview price, it is worth every penny to wake up to that view!
Reviewed 11 June 2014

A lovely holiday at the Windmills Hotel in May . This hotel is the perfect place to relax with an amazing view over St Brelades bay. The staff are extremely helpful and the hotel has a very friendly atmosphere making the holiday perfect from the start .
The restaurant menu is varied and everything we ate was first class. There is nothing better than having a superb meal overlooking the bay, or having a drink on the terrace watching the sunset.
The accommodation, facilities, staff , views, service - all perfect .
Already planning my next trip and would recommend the Windmills Hotel as the perfect holiday destination

Room Tip: A sea view room is ideal
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We chose Windmills Hotel on the basis of previous reviews and we were not disappointed. The view of St Brelade bay from our room was stunning and well worth the money we spent on the room. The room we booked is especially worth noting because of the space we had - it was also spotlessly clean and in addition was tidied and cleaned every day. We used the restaurant on a couple of occasions and the standard of food was excellent as was the choice of wine. I can find no fault with this hotel. For the accommodation and space we had it represented exceptionally good value. I would also say that the food was exceptionally good value. This is a hotel I would visit again and recommend to others who are visiting Jersey.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a private patio or Juliet baclony overlooking St Brelades Bay - worth every penny and remarkably good value.
Reviewed 11 June 2014

This family run hotel is very clean and tidy with fantastic staff. Our room was comfy and clean and the view was spectacular. The staff are fantastic and smiley. The short walk down the hill to beach is no effort at all on the way down and just enough effort on the way back up to work of the fantastic dinner and wines that can be had in the bay. We had the small studio apartment with two of our children and had the most wonderful time.the apartment us very well fitted out.
Brilliant holiday and a great base to see the most charming island of Jersey.

Room Tip: Get a room with a full sea view it is spectacular
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family