“Beautiful Location, Excellent Service, Superb Value for Money”
Review of Windmills Hotel

Windmills Hotel
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in St Brelade
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Hubs and I were in Jersey with some friends with children and we managed to get into the Windmills Hotel in St Brelade. We just had standard rooms and neither of us had view of the sea but the rooms were very spacious and had tea and coffee making facilities which were excellent.
The view from the decked area down to the pool and out into St Brelade's bay is BREATHTAKING! The food was outstanding both snacks and at breakfast and the evening meal which we had there on one night. The staff were SO accomodating, we had milk we needed keeping in the main kitchen and we all wanted to stay up for the 11pm England Match so the hotel had a member of staff stay behind the bar looking after us...shame we couldnt win!!

The hotel is stunning, clean and perfectly located. We've booked to go back in September!!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Windmills Hotel

Reviewed 25 June 2014

We spent 3 wonderful days at the Windmills Hotel celebrating our 10th anniversary. The fantastic weather we had was pure luck but this was more than equalled by the wonderful view of the bay from our room and balcony. The proprietors and their staff could not have been more friendly, making us feel at home as soon as we arrived. We intend going back.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Had a wonderful 10 days at this hotel. Fantastic sea views.
Accommodation, food and staff excellent. Will certainly go again.
Very relaxing location and enjoyed the swimming pool and patio area.
Location is fabulous but a short hill down to beach and up to road could be a problem for people with walking difficulties.
One observation a small fridge in room would have been welcome especially during summer months to keep bottled water chilled.

Room Tip: Rooms with sea views well worth the extra
Reviewed 24 June 2014

From the moment I booked our long weekend break I knew I had made the right choice for a very special break.

Booking late I called in the hope I could get a room with a (spectacular) view of St Brelades bay, The team did everything within their power to make this happen and whilst it wouldn't suit everyone for this 'late ask' to happen we stayed in a different Room/Suite every night, each was spectacular for its views and whilst the standards varied this was in the range of from Great to Superb to Amazing! There was no inconvenience on our part and the staff were diligent in moving our belongings.

The initial view on arriving (if this is your first visit to Jersey/St Brelades) is of the rear of the hotel the Entrance looks inviting but you could be forgiven for not being overly impressed HOWEVER from the second you enter the doors, the reception to your left and the stunning gardens and view of the bay before you, you cannot help but be (rightly) impressed.

Check in was swift with a fantastic warm welcome from proprietor Jane Law. Jane kindly showed us to our first floor spacious room with sliding patio doors, double bed and sofa, not that we were here to watch TV but there were two.

Having unpacked we headed for the patio to soak up the views of the grounds, beautifully manicured gardens and an inviting looking pool. My wife sampled her first Jersey crab sandwich and I indulged in a steak & caramelised onion ciabatta.

There is a varied menu and there are daily specials. We stayed on a B&B basis, I could easily recommend staying here on a half board basis but our preference is to sample as many locations as we can when on a holiday, it is no reflection that we only lunched her once, dined here once and breakfasted daily. Breakfast is a marvellous affair with a great array of cold foods on a buffet and hot foods from the kitchen. All served I'd add by amazing and friendly staff.

The team here under proprietors Steve & Jane's 'stewardship' are nothing short of wonderful. They're professional, friendly and nothing is absolutely too much trouble. In my former years I worked in the Hotel Hospitality industry and I can tell when a team is both cohesive & enjoying their work, there are no doubts this team work well together and enjoy their jobs!

People often aspire to stay at the more renowned hotels with all of their 'trimmings and finery' and it's true to say there is a perceived gulf between those 'prestige hotels' and The Windmills but balance price and a warm family values versus price and corporate efficiency/appearance then add in the difference in views especially taking in the elevated position and The Windmills Hotel should win every time. I'm truly glad that I discovered The Windmills.

I'm extremely grateful for the experience of staying at The Windmills, If we are able to return to Jersey despite the wide range of hotels available I'll never look for an alternative now I've sampled the delights here, I truly recommend you stay sometime.

Some general advice; All floors are reachable by a small modern elevator. The Hotel is near the top of a steep hill. it is close to a bus route/bus stop if you don't have your own transport (but I'd recommend you do if staying here).

Room Tip: Although at a slight premium, in my view if you can afford the little extra asking for a Sea View Ro...
1  Thank Andrew S
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We have visited The Windmills as a family, on an all girls holiday and this weekend, as a couple. Every time it has been amazing; having stayed at seven other hotels in Jersey, The Windmills would always be my first choice when visiting Jersey. The staff are attentive, particularly the lovely Marion in the restaurant, the food is sensational, and the atmosphere is lovely. Unfortunately we didn't have a seaview room for our entire visit, just one night, but we were moved effortlessly and the room was nice, we've just been spoiled previously with the sea view rooms! For anyone who gets the choice, the extra for the sea view room is definitely worth it!
Everything was perfect, as usual. We will be back soon!

Room Tip: Pay the seaview price, it is worth every penny to wake up to that view!
Reviewed 11 June 2014

A lovely holiday at the Windmills Hotel in May . This hotel is the perfect place to relax with an amazing view over St Brelades bay. The staff are extremely helpful and the hotel has a very friendly atmosphere making the holiday perfect from the start .
The restaurant menu is varied and everything we ate was first class. There is nothing better than having a superb meal overlooking the bay, or having a drink on the terrace watching the sunset.
The accommodation, facilities, staff , views, service - all perfect .
Already planning my next trip and would recommend the Windmills Hotel as the perfect holiday destination

Room Tip: A sea view room is ideal
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We chose Windmills Hotel on the basis of previous reviews and we were not disappointed. The view of St Brelade bay from our room was stunning and well worth the money we spent on the room. The room we booked is especially worth noting because of the space we had - it was also spotlessly clean and in addition was tidied and cleaned every day. We used the restaurant on a couple of occasions and the standard of food was excellent as was the choice of wine. I can find no fault with this hotel. For the accommodation and space we had it represented exceptionally good value. I would also say that the food was exceptionally good value. This is a hotel I would visit again and recommend to others who are visiting Jersey.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a private patio or Juliet baclony overlooking St Brelades Bay - worth every penny...
Also consider these accommodations in or near St Brelade
#3 of 16 in St Brelade
Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa
Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa
#6 of 32 in St Helier

Been to Windmills Hotel? Share your experiences!