Hotel rooms and public areas quite modern, good quality fixtures and seemed to have undergone a recent refurbishment which has worked well. Good sized bar area and a nice area outside the bar to enjoy a superb view of the bay below and the sun trap at the rear. Small pool and sunlounge area also below.
Hotel is situated above the Brelades bay beach area with a steep walk down and even steeper back. Bus route on main road - short walk.
Bar prices similar to UK. Breakfast was OK with a selection of typical bacon, egg, beans, sausage etc. Also two fruit juices, cereals, yoghurt and tinned fruit. with water melon. I would have liked to have had pastries, cheese etc as served on the continent but what was on offer was good. You had to order exactly what you wanted, as on the first day I ordered bacon and egg and got exactly that (1 rasher and one egg). Breakfast staff eager to please & serve and did a good job. Did not eat an evening meal at the hotel so cannot comment other than to say it was £20 for 3 courses and the selections seemed OK. Cheeper if you booked every night, £10. Walls in the rooms where a little thin but residents when we stayed were not too noisy. Double room without sea view was a good size and mattress was comfortable. Bathroom was also of a good size and all room areas very clean. Bath/Shower screens could be a bit longer as after a shower the floor was rather wet. Small flat screen TV in the room. Most persons there were middle aged and older so all in all it was a quiet place to be. An internet room with 2 computers was provided (nice touch). First time in Jersey and it is a nice place if you get the weather. You really do need a car but can get around by bus if you want to.
A small gym is provided. Its own website gives a good picture of the rooms and public areas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Windmills Hotel has an official (JQA) 3 Star grading. It is a family run hotel and the ideal base from which to enjoy your Jersey experience. Apart from its amazing sea views, the Hotel is a short downhill walk to St Brelade beach, only 100 metres to the nearest bus stop and within easy reach of St Aubins village and the railway walk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and Ebookers so you can book your Windmills Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windmills Hotel St Brelade
- Windmills Hotel Jersey/St Brelade