La Haule Manor(St Aubin)
US$233
US$226
Hotels.com
Hotel La Place(St Brelade)
US$363
Hotel Cristina(St Aubin)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$198
US$184
Golden Sands Hotel(St Brelade)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$160
US$151
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 41% below average rates

The price you found is 41% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$256/night.

Free cancellation until 22/07
US$404
US$392
Highlands Hotel(St Brelade)(Great Value!)
US$218
Miramar Hotel(St Brelade)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
US$143
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$198
  • Breakfast included
All reviewschristian hotelchristian ethosbrelade's bayown winemethodist churchprivate pathevening entertainmentsunday eveninga wonderful holidaydining roomsun terracethe general managerother guestsstar servicefood is excellenthigh standardalready booked for next year
Reviewed 5 March 2010

My parents and i have been to this hotel for the last 23 or so summers for two weeks each time and love it.The staff are like our friends and look after us very well.Our Christmas card list has nearly doubled by the number of friends we've made over the years and we look forward to seeing the regulars every visit.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank jerseyloverNorfolk
Reviewed 5 March 2010

This was our 8th stay at the Biarritz, and as wonderful as ever. The location, the view, the rooms, the helpful and friendly staff, and the delicious food. Our cab driver from the airport asked us what hotel we were gong to, and hearing it was the Biarritz, his comment was "oh, the one with all the good food!" Every vacation at this hotel has been sheer pleasure, from the thoughtful morning prayers to the lively evening entertainments. At no other hotel have we become so well aquainted with the other guests (still corresponding with them after many years). Our kids used to come with us earlier. This year they were occupied elsewhere and couldn't go - and so were quite envious of us who got to visit the Biarritz again. And guess what: this year we're coming back. For the 9th time. And we're bringing friends.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HDBNorway
Reviewed 5 March 2010

I chose the Biarritz hotel after reading the reviews on trip advisor & other review sites. The hotel is situated in the most amazing location on the island. I was welcomed into a lovely inviting reception area & checked in politely & efficiently & asked if I had any special requirements or requests during my stay. The reception staff were just wonderful throughout my stay, nothing is too much trouble for them & they were all so genuinely friendly & helpful yet not imposing.

My room was bright and airy & spotlessly clean, decorated in calming neutral tones Everything in the room from the bed, fixtures & fittings, linen, decor & bathroom was clearly well designed with comfort in mind.

I had the most beautiful view out across St Brelades Bay which is one of the most beautiful beaches on the island, in fact the location of this hotel is simply fabulous, it really is a gem and one to experience for yourself.

The food........ Well it's pretty hard not to gain a few pounds here, the food is just wonderful. I could see that the menus were well thought out with something for everyone's taste. Breakfast is great with 2 buffets, 1 with cereals, fruits, juices, porridge etc. and the second is a hot with bacon, eggs, sausages, hash browns etc. then toast and tea/coffee can be ordered. Lunch can be ordered from the cafe; except on Sundays when it is scrumptious roast. The food here really is excellent and the dining staff are the most efficient I have come across, nothing is too much trouble for them, they are all perfectly presented with impeccable manners. On Sundays the chef presents a grand buffet & there is a carvery on Wednesdays.

There are two lovely lounges, One is the main lounge where the activities take place the other is a relaxing sun lounge which is bright and airy with comfy seating. There is also a sun drenched patio area and a jungle gym. There are steps down to the beautiful beach from the back of the hotel, you can also reach the beach from the front of the hotel by just taking a stroll down to the first access point.

I really can't compliment this hotel enough; I hope you find this review of my stay helpfull in your choice of hotel. Like me you will find out from the guests that they return here without doubt year after year; and to me that speaks volumes.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled solo
2  Thank welltravelled1970
Reviewed 5 March 2010

A wonderful, beautifully situated, family friendly but quiet medium sized hotel with old fashioned virtues of courtesy, outstanding service and fantastic food. We have been on 4 holidays with our five children at peak holiday times and have found it an oasis from London's quick buck, hard sell and noisy brashness. My hsuband has travelled around the world and vistied 5* hotels in Bali, Mauritius, New York etc - this is his favourite!
The hotel has an enviable situation, perched on a hillside overlooking a riviera type spectacular view of the sapphire sea and shallow warm bay that is St Brelade's on the south sea of the Island. Access to the beach is direct from the hotel, through the wonderful south facing terrace with glorious view and a little cafe on hand for light lunches and ice cream, down past a small but great adventure playgrounds, perfectly secluded but shade by the pine trees, down through landscaped gardens with glorious banks of south african lillies giving it a southern hemisphere feel, through a little wooden gate to the beach walk and golden sanded beach. There are rock pools galore to explore , fabulous soft golden sand to play in and even rock outcrops to climb (careful - the rocks are sharp!). The hotel is situated at the quiet end of the great semi circular bay and 5 years of holidaying there with 5 young children left us feeling safe and secure. The hotel is indulgent to children and smile on you leaving buckets spades etc on the terrace whilst enjoying a delicious ice cream or lunch. The staff are warm and welcoming; high chairs and booster seats are no problem, smaller children are welcomed with a special place mat which is a brilliant souvenir and very useful at home! The three course meals are fantastic and something we look forward to every year! Tables are set with lovely linen and flowers, and you dine with another glorious view of the sea which is very distracting if the food were not so good. Fresh produce, plenty of it served with local meats and dairy produce and the most amazing desserts. A delight is the wednesday buffet with the chef standing proudly amongst his whole salmon and cold joints with gorgeous salads and a fantastic dessert table! Special diets and childrens' portions not a problem. Staff are friendly, courteous and willing to do almost anything to increase the guests' comfort including 2am requests for hot milk tea for a sleepless nursing mother!
There is no bar - this is an old Methodist rest place and if you want the fetid bar and nightclub experience this is not for you. However, night life around the rest of the bay abounds and is a very pleasant walk along the esplanade past interesting residential houses and little cafes. For a change, a dressed up drink in the bar of the big hotel along the beach can be a treat and further along the bay in the day are launching areas for motor boats, yachts and windsurfing facilities are for hire. We preferred to stick to to quiet end of the beach but there is plenty of action at the 'west end' of the bay whilst retaining a safe and civilized character. I'm a London Dr with drug and addictions experience and I couldn't spot anything untoward - I know what to look for!
Don't bother about a car, the Jersey bus service is great and buses are regular from outside the hotel to and from St Helier's from where you can access the VAT free shopping and historical side of Jersey, as well as Gerald Durrell's amazing wildlife conservation zoo. Beautiful cliff and pine walks within easy access of the hotel and plenty of guided outings for those who'd like to get to know the island with others. Car driving round the island is a very pleasant change from London, but can get congested around the larger towns hence our love affair with the island bus service.
Our rooms were comfortable, ensuite and with glorious views of the sea and sunset to relax to from the balcony. It's worth saving up for a sea view room as the view is so very spectacular with the width of the bay affording sunrise and sunset in glorious panorama.
Parents can have a romantic moonlight sit by the shore with most radio links operating well and a staff happy to check up on the rooms.
In short, this is a fabulous hotel with old fashioned hotel style virtue: courtesy, friendliness and an overwhelming desire to secure your comfort. It's not for people who like noise, getting drunk or discoing but perfect for families with young or older children, or for families who want to bring grandparents along. Our family doesn't have gradparents sadly, but we found many lovely older couples to talk to with interesting life stories. Other guests are similarly respectful of privacy and peace and with great food, comfortable beds and a staff with a heart for service, can't recommend it more highly.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled on business
2  Thank A1mummy
Reviewed 18 January 2010

Biarritz Hotel St.Brelade Jersey

Please read this review in full………It is long but could be worth your while.

Having identified the ideal resort for a short break starting in early October 2009 whilst relying on this guide as I have done many times before I found the Biarritz Hotel in St. Brelade’s Bay.
It was very highly recommended and seemed absolutely perfect for our needs, I looked at the hotel’s own website and as you would expect all appeared to be in order.
I had a long chat with the general manager on the telephone who assured me that I would be very impressed.
So it was done, we confirmed the hotel and looked forward to a pleasant stay in Jersey.
Upon arrival the reception area looked as we had expected, the young but polite staff were helpful and saw to our immediate needs.
However we were reminded that we must be seated by 7pm for dinner and as I thought that was a very early latest dining time I asked what happens if we are later, to which the reply was “well in that case you would miss dinner but anyway if you had not showed up by 6.45 we would call to remind you”. Similar guidelines were also applied to breakfast – by 9am.
Not being one to rock the boat directly upon arrival and just wanting to relax a while after the journey I let those remarks pass with no particular challenge.
Much against my better instinct and complying with instructions we sat down for dinner at 6.50pm. the dining room was already full and frankly rather noisy, it reminded me of school dining rooms where the din can reach intolerable limits at times.
Could it be everybody was having such a good time….maybe but if they were chatting and not eating what time had they arrived for dinner?
Something else was obvious and I mean no disrespect whatsoever to those older and more senior than myself (I’m no spring chicken at 62) but we appeared to be the youngest people in the place save the staff.
A closer inspection revealed the feeling of being in a retirement home and I REPEAT no disrespect intended.
We were shown the menu and asked for our choice of all 3 courses which was needed there and then as I understood that
the chef was soon about to leave…..
Halfway through the starter a young lady made her way to a large brass bell fixed to the wall, she began to ring it with some gusto as if to raise an alarm of some kind but no when the ringing stopped 30 seconds later she proceeded to read out a few items of interest and also to remind those present of the sweet menu. Reminded me of Butlins many years and cheap holidays ago. I was expecting the announcement that “meat pies had come and next weeks turns would be pinned ont noticeboard” but alas no pies or turns.
I’m sure I can still hear that bell now……Anyway there was great hovering of the waiting staff well beyond what you would call enthusiasm or efficiency, like vultures they hovered waiting to take away our main course plates one of which was snatched before we had actually finished. So to the sweet course of our choice , well so we thought apparently our choice had “finished” all gone despite prior notice to the waiting staff and the reason “chef has gone and there is no more”. Chef has gone ? this was 7.20pm !!! So with an alternate sweet following a very average meal we were set free to “enjoy” the hotel for the rest of the evening.
Well I say enjoy, there was a coffee lounge that appeared to be very short of patrons, dull and uninteresting and had a strange odour about it, I understand it closed fairly early anyway. It was fortunate that we were intending to take a walk along the bay as otherwise the TV in our room would have been the last resort. There was no bar in this hotel although to be fair none was advertised on the hotel website, so with a healthy walk under our belts we retired to our room……at my age I’m no party animal but it seemed the evening was over by 9.30. No way was this going to be the routine for the next 7 nights.
So you will not be surprised to hear that we checked out the following morning without breakfast , to my surprise no comments were made by the reception staff upon such an early checkout it seemed to me that maybe we were not the first guests to “escape”. It seemed pointless to complain at the time as no senior management were present and strange as it may seem no follow up has ever been made by anybody. Still why would they a weeks board in advance and only one night stayed, good for the balance sheet I assume.
You can add to this French doors that rattled with wind throughout the night a member of staff allowing doors to slam in the common corridor very early in the morning, no doubt to ensure that guests were on time for breakfast.
Overall I thought that this hotel was run along the lines of a care home where there is little or no choice for the residents in key areas , after all the objective was to have a holiday not serve a sentence as it were, maybe the owners thought that the occupation of Jersey was still force ?
I’m quite prepared to accept that others may well contradict my findings and fully enjoy a great holiday there but for sure there is no Beer and definitely no ritz !!!
I fully expect so comments by management in their defence but take it from me no body of a senior level was present so it is impossible for them to pass an accurate opinion on our experiences.
This was no budget hotel and in fact I seem to remember a discount being applied because it was close to the end of the season, just as well really I cannot imagine how I would have felt if I’d paid full price !!!
Be warned……….

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
14  Thank seniortraveller3
BIARRITZJERSEY, GENERAL MANAGER at Biarritz Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2010

MANAGERS RESPONSE

I wish to express my personal and sincere apologies to this clearly very unhappy customer. Our small holiday hotel celebrated 50 years of successful Christian Hospitality business in 2009 and we are shocked, hurt and horrified that anyone should feel so badly about us. I offer no excuses for the customers dislike of us, however I would like to make some points. The week that the gentleman and his lady partner arrived was the final week of our very busy season. Traditionally, and for many years, this has been a discounted week often popular with senior citizens. We have 17 single rooms here and as unlicensed premises, offer a safe and comfortable retreat to an elderly single traveller. I agree with the customer completely that our dining time is early and following his comments we shall certainly review it. There is no excuse whatsoever for any guest to be rushed through a meal and I am glad this has been flagged. The reason dining starts at 6.00pm is purely customer request. I open my dining room at 6.00pm and by 6.10pm I have 80 + diners. If I opened at 7.00pm this would not suit 90% of my customers.
I can empathise that our hotel may seem to cater for the elderly. This is certainly the case in early and late season. Any Jersey hotelier will tell you the same. But to say we are run along the lines of a care home is a mistake.
Should anyone have been in The Biarritz during July and August when, at times, 30% of our paying customers were under 15 years old they would think differently This was the time of magicians, sandcastle competitions, beach cricket, movie nights, face painting etc. Hardly care home activity.
All any business can hope for in the event of an unhappy customer is to be given the chance to put right whatever is wrong, however big the task. We are not a large Hotel, just a small seasonal holiday property. It would be rare, but I may not have been on site during my customers brief visit, nevertheless the lady who rang the bell to give announcements ( a little bit of theatre which is done very 'tongue in cheek' - children love to get the chance to do this) is my incredibly dedicated and hard working Front Of House Manager. Her name and title are on her uniform badge. Had she been given the sniff of a chance, she would have solved all that could be solved without a moments delay.
Should the customer still wish to leave, and believe me, we do not have a policy for such an event as this is an absolute first, she would have helped to find an alternative Hotel and driven the customer there herself -that is the level of service given without question.
It is clear that there is more to this than is written and so my apologies again to my unhappy customer. You have clearly seen us in the wrong light and I would like the opportunity to put things right.

DUNCAN A O'NEILL