“Definitely order the steak!”

The Candlelight Restaurant
Ranked #32 of 234 Restaurants in St Helier
Price range: US$28 - US$60
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Revere's main restaurant, the Candlelight, is locally renowned and offers an excellent selection of traditional and modern French Cuisine combined from the very freshest products of the highest quality from Jersey.Featuring authentic exposed beams from the original coach house, the Candlelight Restaurant emits the warmth and richness of 17th Century indulgence. The ideal setting for a romantic dinner or a get together with friends, the Candlelight can cater for all occasions.
Reviewed 27 August 2014

My wife and I visited The Candlelight this evening and had such a good night that I am writing this review almost straight after getting home.

Upon arrival in the restaurant we were greeted both at reception and by the restaurant staff. We were offered a choice of tables in a large spacious room with nice decoration and atmosphere. Looking around you could tell that the restaurant had a mix of regulars and tourists that shows from the start that anyone is welcome.

Our waiter Simeon showed is to our table and was friendly, explaining the menu and drinks. The Candlelight offers a choice of an affordable set menu, a seasonal menu and the normal a la carte. My wife went for the set menu but I chose the Steak Diane as it would be cooked at our table which I had never seen done before.
On top of this the manageress came over to say introduce herself which is always a great touch.

The starters were really nice. I chose the soup which was delicious and just the right portion. My wife had a seafood starter and was also very happy.

Then came the steak, which our waiter Simeon cooked for us. Watching it being cooked was great and made me look forward to it more. Simeon was friendly and talkative throughout and the finished product was probably the best steak I have ever tasted. Soft and flavoursome in a really nice Diane sauce. Vegetables were perfectly cooked and my wife, who had opted for a smaller steak cooked in the kitchen was also very happy.

Finally we had dessert which was homemade and really nice.

We tried this place on the recommendation of a friend but will definitely be coming back.
Friendly welcoming staff, a nice atmosphere and great food.

5 stars

Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

Had a lovely meal here the other night. We had young children with us and Eleanor arranged for the children's meals to come out just as we sat down! Tony was very entertaining and a laugh and Simon was very lovely and made a best mate in my son who loved going to see the live lobsters. Very lovely food. When we return to Jersey we will of course revisit this place xx

Reviewed 13 August 2014

From the moment we booked the restaurant, the staff couldn't have been more helpful. I happened to mention it was our Wedding Anniversary, on arrival we were given a complimentary glass of Champagne. The meal was absolutely fantastic, and the Staff amazing, absolutely nothing was too much trouble. thank you so much for a really wonderful evening.

1  Thank Goldenbrowne
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Had 3 meals at this restaurant the food was excellent and the staff were very friendly and service was very good

Reviewed 7 August 2014

The same food as Dorans but with slightly more class. Good food and good wine. Visit if in St ~Helier.

1  Thank Mike T