Millbrook House
US$168
US$160
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa(St Helier)
US$250
US$204
Great 4.5/5
The Revere Hotel(St Helier)(Great Value!)
US$145
US$113
Hotels.com
  • Pool
The Inn Boutique(St Helier)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$66
US$153
US$124
Great 4.5/5
Pomme d'Or Hotel(St Helier)
US$214
US$190
  • Restaurant
The Savoy Jersey(St Helier)(Great Value!)
US$128
US$120
Travelocity
US$202
US$169
Radisson Blu
Very Good 4/5
Mayfair Hotel(St Helier)(Great Value!)
US$124
US$78
Travelocity
Good 3.5/5
  • Breakfast included
All reviewshonesty baradds to its charmextensive gardensantique furnitureold fashioned charmevening meals aresea frontplenty of hot waterhome from homechannel islandsbus stopbusy roadfull englishbooked this hotelnothing is too much troubleslippershoneysuckle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 June 2011

This is my opinion and based on our experience. This is a good place to stay if you are of a certain age i.e 60+. We picked to stay here because of the reviews and the peace and quiet due to staying in St Helier last year and couldnt get a good nights sleep. There are good and not so good points. We arrived after a very long day due to flight delays caused by bad weather and went straight into dinner. It felt a bit like a nursing home (sorry) to us in our early 40's. The menu was very good if you are a meat eater but not if you are a vegetarian like us. We had an omelette! Next I had to ask for 3 things - an ironing board/iron, decaf coffee and veggie sausages for breakfast. This last item was not received very well and I got the reply of 'we don't do veggie sausages or veggie bacon (didnt ask for that). I asked if maybe he could get some in as we were there for another 5 days. The reply was 'how many do you eat?'. Got the sausages. Had to move rooms because room 31 is at the top of the hotel and we could hear the water tank filling up until midnight and then for some reason start again at 3am. We moved down a floor and I asked if the ironing board can be moved as well and he said 'you can't just keep it' I was fuming at this point because 'George' the owner has no social skills what so ever when it comes to dealing with either a woman or with younger people. The place was dated and there wasnt a shower but we could live with that and it was clean. The staff was very good except one who probably was a stand in waitress. I asked for veggie sausages and she said they dont do them. I explained that they do have them and she went and came back with just 2 sausages on a plate! Priceless. We didnt feel comfortable or welcomed at the hotel but again it could be because George wasnt friendly towards us and didnt want to interact with us. Very sad really because I like to talk to the owner of the place we are staying to find out where to go etc.

Room Tip: Get a room on ground floor or 1st floor.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Wingwalker5
Reviewed 5 June 2011

Located half way between St Aubin and St Helier the position is fabulous, set as it is just a short way back from the sea front. It is set in its own extensive gardens with a number of rooms opening straight out into them. Could be considered to be slightly old-fashioned in decor but all very efficient and staff very very friendly. Cooked breakfast is at an optional additional cost but the continental standard is very adequate with plenty of local produce. Evening meal menu looked tempting at a very fair price but unfortunately served too early in the evening for us to try it. Probably not suitable for people without transport as 20 min cycle ride to St A or St H

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank DavidBakewell
Reviewed 12 September 2010

We loved this hotel and would certainly recommend it to people who like peace, food good and excellent service. We actually stayed here several years ago but the date of stay on this review wouldn't let me put in an earlier year - but i am sure that the owners have ensured that their excellent standards are still maintained. The hotel is not for people who want disco's and loud music, in fact they make it plain that this is a peaceful hotel with no such entertainment. Having said that, we enjoyed a drink and a chat with the owners and certain residents at the bar so it was never boring and some nights we would drive out to different places around the Island, such as Corbiere lighthouse to watch the sunset. We were made very welcome on arrival, our rooms were a little dated but were clean and comfortable and the area is lovely and idyllic. I would have liked a swimming pool but there are so many lovely beaches on the Island (and the pools at St Helier) so it really didn't matter too much to us. The food was excellent ! I am sure I must have put on weight but it was just too tempting to resist ! My parents used to stay here every year until my mum died and they loved Millbrook House. We were so glad we took them up on their recommendation to holiday there ourselves. My father is delighted to still receive a christmas card each year from Mr and Mrs Piroquet - and this just shows how much they value their regular residents, even ones who haven't stayed there for a while ! I definately hope to visit here again with my husband in the future.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank NorfolkBettyBoop
Reviewed 7 June 2010

Don't be put off by the two-star rating which is no reflection on the quality of this individual and charming hotel. It's just a few minutes walk from a main bus route on a busy road, yet as soon as you go up the drive, you are in a different world, surrounded by mature trees and informal gardens.

There is a country-house atmosphere with friendly staff including a great cook. In keeping with the style of the place there is a fixed dinner time (sadly no gong) with last orders at 7pm. The 7 course dinner was amazing value and well worth the effort of getting back in time.

My room was rather old-fashioned (sit-in-bath shower and antiquated TV), but large, freshly decorated and with a view that made the TV redundant anyway!

• Stayed: June 2010
1  Thank Simon872
Reviewed 18 November 2009

This Hotel was amazing we went for my 50Th Birthday treat , it was clean the staff were friendly ,the food was to die for .I would highly recommend this Hotel .If you love peace and quiet this is the place to stay ,a bus stop is down the road so very easy to get into town and back .I really can't wait to go again ,it was so nice to relax not suitable for young people they would be bored .Nice to be able to go to bed and not be disturbed by noisy people

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple