Millbrook House
Sarum Hotel(St Helier)
  • Pool
  • Bar/Lounge
View Hotel
The Inn Boutique(St Helier)
View Hotel
Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa(St Helier)
View Hotel
The Savoy Jersey(St Helier)
  • Breakfast included
The Revere Hotel(St Helier)
  • Pool
Stafford Hotel(St Helier)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewshonesty baradds to its charmextensive gardensantique furnitureold fashioned charmevening meals aresea frontplenty of hot waterhome from homechannel islandsbus stopbusy roadfull englishbooked this hotelnothing is too much troubleslippershoneysuckle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 July 2012

This was our second stay at Millbrook House, the first being in 2008. As before, it was pleasant and relaxing, very clean, the staff friendly, service excellent, food excellent and also very good value (six course dinner plus coffee). Being fond of fish it was nice to find that there was always a main fish course available. Our flight out was delayed three hours and we only got there at 7 o'clock but our host was waiting for us at the door and whisked us and our luggage up to our room and we were soon enjoying our dinner (I had called ahead once we had landed). It was good to see that the TV was a modern digital one (freeview). We slept very well with no problems, even though we were in room 31 mentioned in another review. Certainly not like a nursing home while we were there, as another review suggested - there were at least six cyclists staying there and all the guests seemed pretty active to me. A great holiday. Their website describes it well. We would certainly wish to stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Steady387
Reviewed 14 August 2011

This is a fantastic Hotel,which is on the outskirts of St Helier (St Heliers is approx 45/60 mins walk for the energetic person), ideal for couples who want a quiet break as it does not have a pool or any entertainment, Bedrooms are of a very high standard. The service in the dinning room is of as very high standards as is the food served at both breakfast and evening meals (evening meals being seven courses). The AA only gave gthed Hotel 2 stars in its guide, but it should be awarded more.

Room Tip: all rooms have fantastic views
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank redwharfe
Reviewed 19 July 2011

My wife are frequent visitors to Jersey and know the Island and it's Hotels very well.
The Millbrook is run by Mr Pirouet and his lady wife. We like it because it is a very tranquil peaceful place, which, IMO would be suited to couples who want some peace and quiet and to relax in a lovely setting. The Hotel is an old country house with a lovely garden.
Mr Pirouet runs the place to a very high standard, everything here is done properly. The room service is excellent we even had the supervisor come each day after the room had been cleaned to check the standard and to see if we were happy. The breakfast and dinner are superb and Mr P has some lovely wines well worth sampling at very reasonable prices. This place is a rare gem, almost from a time forgotten, even the bar in the lounge is done on trust, you buy a drink and write in the book what you have had and your room number. I could go on and on but my wife and I love it there. There is only one small point and that is we are vegetarian (but eat fish) and I would like to see a veggie breakfast or a veggie alternative at dinner, we usually went for the fish dish. I hope you read this Mr Pirouet you and your wife do a fantastic job and consider ourselves very lucky to have found you!
Best wishes
Annmarie and Nick Keown

• Stayed: July 2011
3  Thank ebbcourt
Reviewed 25 June 2011

This is my opinion and based on our experience. This is a good place to stay if you are of a certain age i.e 60+. We picked to stay here because of the reviews and the peace and quiet due to staying in St Helier last year and couldnt get a good nights sleep. There are good and not so good points. We arrived after a very long day due to flight delays caused by bad weather and went straight into dinner. It felt a bit like a nursing home (sorry) to us in our early 40's. The menu was very good if you are a meat eater but not if you are a vegetarian like us. We had an omelette! Next I had to ask for 3 things - an ironing board/iron, decaf coffee and veggie sausages for breakfast. This last item was not received very well and I got the reply of 'we don't do veggie sausages or veggie bacon (didnt ask for that). I asked if maybe he could get some in as we were there for another 5 days. The reply was 'how many do you eat?'. Got the sausages. Had to move rooms because room 31 is at the top of the hotel and we could hear the water tank filling up until midnight and then for some reason start again at 3am. We moved down a floor and I asked if the ironing board can be moved as well and he said 'you can't just keep it' I was fuming at this point because 'George' the owner has no social skills what so ever when it comes to dealing with either a woman or with younger people. The place was dated and there wasnt a shower but we could live with that and it was clean. The staff was very good except one who probably was a stand in waitress. I asked for veggie sausages and she said they dont do them. I explained that they do have them and she went and came back with just 2 sausages on a plate! Priceless. We didnt feel comfortable or welcomed at the hotel but again it could be because George wasnt friendly towards us and didnt want to interact with us. Very sad really because I like to talk to the owner of the place we are staying to find out where to go etc.

Room Tip: Get a room on ground floor or 1st floor.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Wingwalker5
Reviewed 5 June 2011

Located half way between St Aubin and St Helier the position is fabulous, set as it is just a short way back from the sea front. It is set in its own extensive gardens with a number of rooms opening straight out into them. Could be considered to be slightly old-fashioned in decor but all very efficient and staff very very friendly. Cooked breakfast is at an optional additional cost but the continental standard is very adequate with plenty of local produce. Evening meal menu looked tempting at a very fair price but unfortunately served too early in the evening for us to try it. Probably not suitable for people without transport as 20 min cycle ride to St A or St H

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends