“Lovely little bistro”

Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 11 June 2014

great little Bistro in the fish market in St Helier, service is a bit slow, but what the heck, we had all night. would recommend.

2  Thank 54Paul

Reviewed 9 June 2014

This little bistro on the edge of the fish market is a real gem. Nothing much to look at but have they got everything right ! Small , just about 20 covers ,so book up . but from the moment we arrived the service abd attention to detail was perfect , the menu was explained the fish available was brought to the table for examination and the resultant dishes a gourmet delight. A 3 course special menu for £21.90 provided me with grilled spicy prawns for starter , monk fish and scallops in a coconut lime and chilli sauce the flavour of which was superb , I am salivating at the thought of it as I write this review !!
My friends had the dover sole and the sea bass both brilliant. A creme brulee to finish provided a fitting end to the best meal we had all week on Jersey.
If you are in Jersey on holiday don't miss it.

1  Thank MitchellTyne_Wear
Reviewed 8 June 2014

This restaurant is tucked into a corner of the fish market and is an excellent little family run place.

It only seats about 20 people and a few more on tables outside. As the cooking area is in a corner of the room and the ceiling is low , it can get very hot as the evening and cooking progresses.

While you can get meat, most people go for the fish which is beautifully fresh and plainly cooked.
We visited the restaurant twice during a short stay in Jersey. The first time, we picked fish from a selection of recently caught fish that was bought out to us. My wife had dover sole and I had turbot. Both these were very good. The second time we chose from the fixed price menu. While this was good value and the starters were very good , especially the home made vegetable soup, the desserts were only average. If I was going again, I would pay extra and pick the fish the chef recommends.

The restaurant was busy the second time we went and it is amazing they can serve so many people from a tiny cooking area. All the staff are very pleasant and the atmosphere is pleasantly informal. Don't wear a jacket...you'll be too hot!

For fresh fish, this is a very good choice. For fine cooking, I would choose Sirocco ( see my separate review).

1  Thank Sussextravellers9
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I used to visit bistro rosa regularly when working in Jersey and it was always excellent.
I visited again recently with a friend when visiting St Helier and I am delighted to report the quality and freshness of the fish was superb. I enjoy everything on the menu but my favourite is the grilled lemon sole with lemon butter which is second to none. I can honestly say it is simply the best!!
The restaurant looks very simple from the outside but don't be fooled. A visit here will guarantee you a superb meal which is excellent value for money. I hope the 6 guys I convinced to go in as I was leaving enjoyed it as much as we did.

3  Thank Julie H
Reviewed 28 May 2014

we can not top the reviewer who flew from uk just to have an evening meal ,but our meals in rosas certainly topped the food in our 5* star michelin hotel. it was so good we ate there the 3 remaining nights of our holiday. The quality freshness, and flavour of the food is the best we have tasted,we have eaten at Le manoire and payed a lot of money ,but we enjoyed the food more and payed far less at Bistro Rosa ,the staff were warm and friendly and anxious to tell you about the menu what more can we say if your in jersey you are in for a treat Chas

2  Thank Charles C