“portugese excelence!!!”

Barros' Tropical Bistro
Ranked #39 of 235 Restaurants in St Helier
Cuisines: Portuguese
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 21 July 2012

The best espetada I ever had. Well done keep going can`t wait for another visit.

Reviewed 7 July 2012

we had a sardine starter to share as we we told by a friend the main meal was plentyfull.. and so it was..mixed meat skewer..t bone steak plenty of salad rice etc

Reviewed 28 June 2012

Been here several times when I visit Jersey for buisness every couple of months. The food is great-and lots of it and the service is friendly and very good.
Best thing its not expensive. Great place-my favourite restaurant-wish it was nearer.

Reviewed 18 June 2012

Nice restauirant if a little crowded when it's bust...the Portuguese kebabs (Espetadas) are excellent but a little salty as is the custom for these wonderful dishes as they are covered in rocksalt..

Reviewed 15 June 2012

My wife and I chose to get a takeaway here as her family were over to visit and wanted a nice takeaway at home.
The takeaway menu at Barros is very varied, offering a lot of choice and what is very high quality food at reasonable prices. You get a very generous selection of side dishes to go with your main all at no extra charge.
Indeed many friends have been here to dine in and can only say good things about the place.

Our experience was perhaps unique but I would have to say that although I might consider returning for a sit-down meal I would not get a takeaway from here again.
I arrived after 20 minutes which was when I was told my food would be ready. After arriving I saw a number of takeaway boxes stacked up on the side which the waitresses were wrapping up and giving to other customers who were waiting for takeaways. I waited for 5 then 10 minutes and started to get a little concerned that they had forgotten about me. All this time takeaway boxes of food remained on the counter. Eventually the chef appeared with one box and added it to the pile. After this the waitress proceeded to place the newly arrived hot dish in a bag with the cold boxes that had been sitting on the side for 10-15 minutes. She handed them to me and a little shocked I said to her that these must be cold by now. With a sigh she went into the kitchen and brought back one new box which she used to replace one of the cold ones. Nothing was done about the other four boxes. Needless to say when I arrived home everything was cold.

You might say that I should have complained more but my wife's family had already been waiting 45 minutes. The food was tasty and the sauce nice but if I had wanted a cold dinner I would have bought some ham and cheese.

In summary a restaurant that has probably very high quality food but unfortunately has sloppy standards when it comes to serve it.