“Main waiter was incedible. Good food.”
Review of Bellagio

Bellagio
Ranked #5 of 238 Restaurants in St Helier
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Bellagio Restaurant & Wine Bar. Serving traditional Italian/European food. A wide range of beverages in our contemporary and ambient Wine Bar. Al Fresco seating area.
Reviewed 29 August 2014

The main waiter was amazing. Handled about 12 tables single-handed and the service was still top class. Food courses were served with appropriate gaps, finesse and flavor. Ambiance was good for such a small (upstairs) place. Good for couples I would say as a little tight on space for larger groups.

Reviewed 27 August 2014

This 1st floor restaurant is near the centre of St Helier, but easily missed, which would be a shame for anyone looking for an excellent meal, at a good price, in pleasant surroundings with good service.

The place is bijou, but very tastefully decorated, with a modern and tastefully not overly too bright a style.

The waiter is friendly and efficient, without being over the top.

So far, it is without doubt the best meal I've had in Jersey, having visited the island many times over the years. I had the fixed price menu at £15 for three courses, which belies the excellent standard of the food. When I come back to Jersey, I expect to come back here too.

I had fish cakes that were delicious, with chunky bits of fish, and a tasty sauce. The slow roast lamb was unbelievably tender, no hint of fattiness, and the jus, really flavoursome. The fresh vegetables were aldente which was perfect for me, but some might raise an eyebrow. The meal was finished off with a good raspberry cheesecake in my case.

The house red was very good, and certainly complemented my meal.

I strongly recommend this place.

Reviewed 27 August 2014

had a nice meal here, upstairs bistro with nice home cooked Italian food. The waiter was friendly and made us feel very welcome. I would recommend.

Reviewed 23 August 2014

Slightly difficult to find but well worth the effort. The food is excellent but the atmosphere enhances it. The waiter although on his own has time for everyone with charm and friendliness.

Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

Our second visit to this small first floor restaurant. There is a lovely bar on the ground floor and up some stairs to this beautiful little restaurant on the first floor.

The waiter remembered us and was superb, friendly and would go out of his way for you. The restaurant was packed, but the service and waiting times were not affected.

Three courses for £15, and what food! How do they do it!!

The four of us had mushrooms stuffed with Stilton in a white wine sauce and king prawns with chorizo starters. Outstanding, and the prawns were huge.

For mains we had lamb shank, duck and veal. These were all plenty full, superb flavours and we also got side dishes of Rosemary potatoes and mixed veg. The lamb fell off the bone, the veal was soft and tender and the duck just pink, perfect!

Tarte au citroen and tiramisu were our chosen desserts. Outstanding again!

All this washed down with 2 bottles of excellent house wines and liqueurs to finish. Total bill was £100. It was one of the best meals we've ever had.

Will always go here when on the island. Can't wait to get back! Thank you Bellagio from the Sheffield 4!