My husband and I stayed here this last weekend. As we pulled up to the hotel it looked really fancy and we were excited. The communal areas/reception and bar are all quite swanky and nice, so we had high hopes.
The room itself was large enough and had nice carpet but a little dated, with a few bits of peeling wall paper and scuff marks. The shower was ok- nothing special. The bed was comfy enough.
The problem for us came as we tried to sleep, as someone else said- paper thin walls. We could hear pretty much word for word a conversation that the couple in the next room were having, every cough and even yawns! It was quite intrusive as it felt like there were four of us in the room! It didnt help that the couple both had really bad coughs. At 6am I wanted to knock on their door and offer them cough syrup! Maybe I'm just a light sleeper but it made me feel quite uncomfortable.
Breakfast was ok, however on sunday they seemed quite rushed off their feet and for some tables it was quite a wait to get served.
If I was to go back to Jersey I would try a different hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally situated in the heart of Jersey's capital, St Helier, The Savoy's central location makes it the perfect base from which to explore the Island. Located only a few minutes walk from the town centre and main shopping district, a unique shopping experience, great restaurants and nightlife are close at hand. If you want to see Jersey's many attractions, most of these are within a short drive from the hotel, and with plenty of free on-site parking, hiring a car or bringing your own gives you freedom to roam. Upon arrival you'll discover Montana restaurant that offers the perfect place to indulge in culinary delights and a cool Jazz bar that hosts live music every week with occasional artists from abroad. Also you can enjoy our sunny courtyard with its crystalline pool to while away Summer days, or the modern and stylish gym with the latest equipment if you feel like keeping in shape during your stay. The Savoy is an intimate boutique hotel, providing superb cuisine with inviting guest rooms, making it an ideal choice for a relaxing & comfortable stay in Jersey. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your The Savoy Jersey reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Savoy Jersey Hotel St. Helier
- Savoy Hotel St Helier
- Savoy St Helier
- Savoy Hotel Jersey
- The Savoy Jersey St Helier