Just got back from 4 day break to Jersey, had been highly recommended to the hotel, but on arrival we felt a little deflated,reception was stunning but the bedrooms could do with a freshen up and were tired.
It was so hot in our room we slept on top of the sheets due to the heat in the room with the windows open, as there is no air conditioning, the downside for us was the noise from a constant barking dog next door to the hotel and real noisy seagulls waking us every morning at 5.00am, (we know that's not the hotels fault).
Breakfast was ok, nice selection,the tea was disgusting and as other reviews said, We didn't eat in the hotel restaurant, but had drinks in the bar and found the staff very friendly and welcoming.
Location of the hotel, once again like a few other reviewers have mentioned not good in my opinion if you do not have a car, we felt quite uncomfortable walking through the park and surrounding area as there were a lot of groups of down and outs hanging around, and we chose to travel out by taxi which was a shame,which added extra costs, due to a good 15 minute walk to the shops and bars.
The Light switches are on the headboard, so when you put your head back onto the pillow, the main light goes on then you turn over and the bedside lights go on,this happened to us a lot,so we took the door key out of the slot to kill the power so they didn't keep going on and off all night, this maybe down to us having a booked a twin room, can't say if it's the same for a double. The beds are very comfortable, nice crisp clean linen.
Toiletries, like other reviewers mentioned, 1 shampoo 1 conditioner 1 shower gel, to be replaced at cost! Thought that's a little old fashioned idea, especially as people travel lighter nowadays on short breaks with cabin luggage cannot take large shower gels / shampoos etc.
Room was ok, slightly dusty in places not dirty just needs a facelift.
Plus points, hair dryer iron and board and safe, No water in rooms, but kettle and tea and coffee good selection and biscuits every day, lovely friendly cleaning lady.
Check in and check out was efficient, friendly staff throughout..would book taxis when we asked without a problem.
Would we stay at The Savoy again, sadly not, prefer a more central location to the shops,bars and seafront.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally situated in the heart of Jersey's capital, St Helier, The Savoy's central location makes it the perfect base from which to explore the Island. Located only a few minutes walk from the town centre and main shopping district, a unique shopping experience, great restaurants and nightlife are close at hand. If you want to see Jersey's many attractions, most of these are within a short drive from the hotel, and with plenty of free on-site parking, hiring a car or bringing your own gives you freedom to roam. Upon arrival you'll discover Montana restaurant that offers the perfect place to indulge in culinary delights and a cool Jazz bar that hosts live music every week with occasional artists from abroad. Also you can enjoy our sunny courtyard with its crystalline pool to while away Summer days, or the modern and stylish gym with the latest equipment if you feel like keeping in shape during your stay. The Savoy is an intimate boutique hotel, providing superb cuisine with inviting guest rooms, making it an ideal choice for a relaxing & comfortable stay in Jersey. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Savoy Jersey reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Savoy Jersey Hotel St. Helier
- Savoy Hotel St Helier
- Savoy St Helier
- Savoy Hotel Jersey
- The Savoy Jersey St Helier