I am sure it's possible to work the system to get a 4 star grade but its doesn't mean you deliver 4 star service or accommodation. Tick swimming pool for points, add lift for more points and so on.
So why was this a 3 star stay. Room was good but no airocon so on a hot night it was scorching even with the windows open. The flat roof was superheated and just radiated right through the night, like lying underneath a toaster. The seagulls didnt mind though, mewling and screaming as they were. Nearly shouted for "Fawlty" to chase them away.
Went down to explore the bar and restaurant at 7pm. Waiter service but try as he might he was never going to get to me. Not a problem. Was then informed that although the restaurant was completely empty the earliest they could serve me would be 8.45 or 9. Really? Anyway found the Little Thai in the town, can recommend it. Its a 15 minute walk but worth it.
At this point you start to notice the grubby carpets, the peeling paint. Breakfast was in a really nice room. Eggs Benedict were good too. But team out of a jug was so black and stewed that it would have needed Dulux brilliant white to give it a light colour.
Reception on both check in and out was highly efficient, clinical even, certainly not welcoming.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally situated in the heart of Jersey's capital, St Helier, The Savoy's central location makes it the perfect base from which to explore the Island. Located only a few minutes walk from the town centre and main shopping district, a unique shopping experience, great restaurants and nightlife are close at hand. If you want to see Jersey's many attractions, most of these are within a short drive from the hotel, and with plenty of free on-site parking, hiring a car or bringing your own gives you freedom to roam. Upon arrival you'll discover Montana restaurant that offers the perfect place to indulge in culinary delights and a cool Jazz bar that hosts live music every week with occasional artists from abroad. Also you can enjoy our sunny courtyard with its crystalline pool to while away Summer days, or the modern and stylish gym with the latest equipment if you feel like keeping in shape during your stay. The Savoy is an intimate boutique hotel, providing superb cuisine with inviting guest rooms, making it an ideal choice for a relaxing & comfortable stay in Jersey. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Savoy Jersey reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Savoy Jersey Hotel St. Helier
- Savoy Hotel St Helier
- Savoy St Helier
- Savoy Hotel Jersey
- The Savoy Jersey St Helier