We recently stayed for seven nights at the Savoy, all the members of staff that we came in contact with were efficient, friendly, and extremely helpful. The standard of cleaning was also impressive, all public areas were cleaned to a high standard and our room was cleaned thoroughly each day. Our room was well furnished, comfortable and nicely decorated. Sadly the large balcony overlooked a very busy road and the Jersey emergency services, so not very conducive to a quite sleep in the sun. However, the pool and surrounding area was spotless with regular pool side service. Breakfast was very good, with a wide range of options being available.
The restaurant and bar food was pretty good value for money and very well prepared. However, on the chefs’ night off it was all a bit hit and miss. On one evening a “complimentary” chunk of chicken was included in my prawn curry, which was a bit off-putting. The following evening, despite my best efforts 50% the mussels stayed firmly shut. The restaurant manager cheerfully assured that the mussels were fit to eat (he had tried one himself) and that I needed to be much more manlier and force them open, very Faulty Towers. Despite this we would most certainly stay again with the proviso we checked as to who was in the kitchen before ordering a meal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally situated in the heart of Jersey's capital, St Helier, The Savoy's central location makes it the perfect base from which to explore the Island. Located only a few minutes walk from the town centre and main shopping district, a unique shopping experience, great restaurants and nightlife are close at hand. If you want to see Jersey's many attractions, most of these are within a short drive from the hotel, and with plenty of free on-site parking, hiring a car or bringing your own gives you freedom to roam. Upon arrival you'll discover Montana restaurant that offers the perfect place to indulge in culinary delights and a cool Jazz bar that hosts live music every week with occasional artists from abroad. Also you can enjoy our sunny courtyard with its crystalline pool to while away Summer days, or the modern and stylish gym with the latest equipment if you feel like keeping in shape during your stay. The Savoy is an intimate boutique hotel, providing superb cuisine with inviting guest rooms, making it an ideal choice for a relaxing & comfortable stay in Jersey. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, LateRooms, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Savoy Jersey reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Savoy Jersey Hotel St. Helier
- Savoy Hotel St Helier
- Savoy St Helier
- Savoy Hotel Jersey
- The Savoy Jersey St Helier