“Not single person friendly”

Siam Garden Thai Restaurant
Ranked #38 of 225 Restaurants in St Helier
Price range: US$7 - US$287
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Bingham, United Kingdom
“Not single person friendly”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

On Thursday 24th July 2014 I attended the above restaurant for a meal. I wanted to be seated outside the main restaurant, but was informed all these outside tables were booked. There was nothing to indicate this and the page of bookings appeared quite blank.
The only table I was offered was in the furthest, darkest corner of the restaurant, which I declined.
On passing the restaurant a little later I saw that only one of the outside tables was occupied.
Am I a cynic ???, or is it that the outside tables can accomodate more people per table, and this restaurant did not wish to possibly lose bigger parties by accomodating one person.

3 Thank Adrian F
Ramphai C, Owner at Siam Garden Thai Restaurant, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
Hello
I can not believe you have come on a public forum & slated us when you were extremely rude to our member of staff & we were going to call the police to get you removed from the premesis, fortunately you left before we had to do this. All the tables outside were reserved by customers that had booked the restaurant & not just strolled in demanding to sit in reserved seats. We have a lot of single people who come to the restaurant on a regular basis & we always accomodate them wherever possible. Your arrogant & rude behavior will not be tolerated by any member of staff & I would be greatful if you never came back. Nobody deserves to be spoken to the way you spoke to our waitress.

St Helier, United Kingdom
“Lovely food”
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

This restaurant never fails to offer good service with authentic Thai cuisine and the staff attends to individual needs of their customer.

Jersey, United Kingdom
“early evening meal”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Last night I enjoyed another lovely meal at my all favoured restaurant in Jersey. The staff are lovely and always happy to help in any way to make your evening an enjoyable one. The food is always excellent and I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who likes authentic Thai food.

Many thanks to the staff for an enjoyable evening

Wetherby, United Kingdom
“Lovely Thai food”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Slightly hidden away, some of the shops in the arcade where slightly off putting, but the food was extremely good and freshly cooked. Staff friendly, and efficient.

Leeds, United Kingdom
“This place is massively overhyped!”
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Just arrived in Jersey on our honeymoon and, as my new wife is Thai, we decided to try the Siam Garden. My wife was excited about trying out a new restaurant and explained how special an occasion this was. Well we couldn't have been more disappointed, probably in light of the reviews on here. Beginning to question the reliability of Tripadivsor reviews/standings!!
NO effort was made to make our visit memorable - they didn't even put a candle or a flower on the table when they were present on other tables. The food was ok at best (again my wife is a good judge) so we can't understand what all the fuss is about. We would never return to this restaurant and would recommend that you LOOK ELSEWHERE to eat out.

• Visited June 2014