“Certainly the best Chinese in St.Helier” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Mandarin Room
Ranked #93 of 221 Restaurants in St Helier
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
St Clement, United Kingdom
“Certainly the best Chinese in St.Helier”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

When we turned up early in the evening the restaurant was already buzzing. However, the pre booked table for our youngest granddaughter's birthday was ready and waiting. Staff was efficient and friendly, not pushy, and let us study the sumptuous menu while they sorted out the drinks.
The food was absolutely superb, by far the best Chinese inspired food I have had in many years.
I was impressed! This is the way to keep your customers happy. Even though the restaurant was full, the acoustic in the room was most acceptable for normal conversation.
Having had some bad experiences with Chinese restaurants in my time, this really was a pleasure.
I shall go back to double check as soon as possible.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Sten A

Jersey, United Kingdom
“Best Chinese in Jersey”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Great food and beer..Love the place and the staff are excellent..Recommend to anyone visiting the Island..

Visited May 2014
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Nice Chinese”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

We ate here on a Sunday evening. The restaurant is located near the esplanade in st helier, a little way out of town.
The menu is good with quite a lot of options and a good few set menu choices.
We ordered chicken satay, lemon chicken, sizzling beef with garlic and spring onion sauce, Singapore vermicelli noodles and egg fried rice. The satay was good and the sauce was very nice, the lemon chicken was also good. The beef was nice, the sauce tasty, but there were large chunks of ginger in the sauce, which if you ate were incredibly bitter. The Singapore noodles for me were far to spicy. I'm not intolerant to spicy food at all, but I had one mouthful and I couldn't taste anything for all the spice in them. My boyfriend managed to eat them, but said he had previously dined there before and they weren't as spicy then, still it could be my taste rather than the cooking as I'm not really sure how they are supposed to be. We enjoyed the meal, the meat was very good quality, the service was attentive and the food came quickly once we ordered. We were in the restaurant for less than an hour in total, so quite a swift (but enjoyable nonetheless) meal.

1 Thank ew287
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

In Jersey for a few days, this was our last meal before heading home. Lovely restaurant, polite staff, very nice food and not a bad price either as long as you are not too thirsty, £3.30 for a bottle of beer, Really!

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Bedfordshire
“Brilliant little place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

Went to the Madarin Room twice while in Jersey both times my friend and myself had a lovely meal. Not cheap but reasonable and the service was excellent Well done to the management and staff thank you

Visited April 2014