“Short visit to Japan” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #72 of 221 Restaurants in St Helier
Price range: US$6 - US$25
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Short visit to Japan”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

From the moment we walked in to the moment we left, we were very well looked after.
The food we ate was very fresh and the hot food served quickly, prices very reasonable.
Definitely recommend, quite novel, superb service and fresh tasty authentic food.

P.S. Also, great to see the takeout fridge - I'm coming back for a picnic!!

• Visited June 2014

Jersey, United Kingdom
“Jersey Sushi Lovers are very fortunate to have Bento Suhi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Well, where to start. I jave been living in Jersey for 3 years and the first restaurants I searched where indian and suhi restaurant s...I was slightly disappointed to realise there was only one Suhi place to go.to but for my surprise and for.my.taste buds delight it is Bentos. I have been a customer for 3 years now. Regular. 2 times a.month at rhe least and I am never disappointed. They allways come up with new exciting options for you to try and the staff is lovely.
I do not believe its fair to compare Bentos to yo sushi as: 1 - different chefs cooks different ways 2-ones experience in either resraurant will be different 3-ones taste for suchi differs as do our taste buds.
If I have to share my experience in yo sushi it can be reaumed into me and my friends bing served frozen crab meat balls for dinner. Does this one mistake mean all.Yo suhis are rubish or that we should never go back. Sushi is made by humans. Humans cook beautiful sushi and himans make mistakes. Anyway Bentos is a delight and I thank the staff...floor and kitchen for satisfying my biggest sushi cravings with fantastic Sushi!

Jersey, United Kingdom
“Please will someone open a Yo Sushi?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

The thing I hate about living on Jersey is the lack of sushi. I get a sushi craving, and the only place to go is Bento. So I keep going back. I always keep hoping that, perhaps, things will improve. But there is little hope as there is no competition.

The sushi ideas they have are brilliant and the food is usually great, provided you are happy to wait forever for it to come from the kitchen. The Tokyo roll is the first thing I order.

On the downside and the things that always ruin it for me are as follows:
- the rudest waitress I've come across literally anywhere in the world. She is sullen, she snaps, she has the biggest attitude problem, and she clearly hates her job. We queried where our order was (after ordering 15 minutes previously), to be told that we had to wait 20 minutes (as she pointed to the paragraph in the menu that said the max wait time for orders was 15 minutes), and then came back and unceremoniously put the plate down. No apology of course.
- the super high prices. Seriously, we're talking a bit of protein and some white rice. Obviously, making a profit is great, but please someone open a competing restaurant!

No doubt I'll make the mistake of returning in a few months, having forgotten yet another interaction with the Rudest Waitress Ever.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Duneadah, Owner at Bento Sushi, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review Bento.

As the only sushi restaurant one the island we have pressure to keep our standards high. We apologize that your visit was not pleasant but happy to hear that you enjoy our food.

With that being said, I must disagree that the 15-20 minute wait can be classified as ''waiting forever''. As with all places, during busy periods the waiting time for food tends to be longer than usual. And we here at Bento have always had quick service and most times the dishes are ready in less than 10 minutes, which in return sets customer expectations high. All though, there are rarely cases when not even one dish has arrived before the 15 minute mark. As the food is sent out when it is ready, and due to the nature of the business, some dishes take longer to make than other.

In response about the waiting staff, unfortunately, once again I have to mention, during busy periods, a quick answer might seem not pleasant and at some occasions rude, which we do apologize about and have sent you a message with some questions regarding the situation.

We don't like to compare our self to likes of Yo!Sushi, but as you have done it for us, I would like to point out that quite a few dishes are actually cheaper than Yo!Sushi and overall prices for the dishes are cheaper as well. So we can not accept the thought that our food is overpriced as the only time we increase our prices is, when it is absolutely necessary.

Hopefully your next experience will be better. Remember you can always contact us on manager@bento.je.

Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Ok, but no better than a yo!sushi”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Average. No better than a yo! But has the novelty of being the only restaurant of this style in the island. I went a few times, hoping it would improve, but generally service wasn't marvellous. If you want a sushi fix it does the job.

Duneadah, Owner at Bento Sushi, responded to this review, 6 July 2014
Firstly I would like to thank you for reviewing Bento.

I am sorry if your experience at Bento was not as you expected. I must assure you we do not take advantage of being the only Japanese restaurant of this kind. As it being so, we set standards high for our selves and always strive to give the best possible experience we can to customers at Bento. To do so we value all constructive feedback, and doing so we try to improve Bento experience for everyone. We would appreciate if you could contact us, giving more insight on your experience and how we can improve it for you and other customers. You can always contact us via email: manager@bento.je.

Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Belfast, United Kingdom
“Little hidden gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Our only previous experience of sushi being the stuff you get from the likes of tesco. We came upon the Bento Sushi bar by accident and decided to give it a go, the staff are very helpful and explained the system for the food on the conveyor belt and hot food from the kitchen, the sushi was delicious being newbies this was a fantastic dinning experience for both my wife and me a good night was had at a reasonable price, will definitely try again, well done Bento.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank IGordon
Duneadah, Owner at Bento Sushi, responded to this review, 6 July 2014
Thank you for reviewing Bento.

We are happy to know that you enjoyed your time at Bento and that our team was able to help you by explaining how the system works. We value all feedback greatly, with out it Bento wouldn't have been able to grow in to what it is today.

Once again, thank you for your review and we hope to see you again.

If you would like to add anything, you can always send us an email to manager@bento.je.