“Delicious!!”

Thai Dicq Shack
Ranked #43 of 235 Restaurants in St Helier
Price range: US$7 - US$14
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery
Description: The first and still the firm favourite after 13 years of authentic Thai food . The one and only feet in the sand cafe , directly on the beach .Grab a table bring a bottle or two and you could be on that dreamed of holiday in Thailand .
Reviewed 20 July 2014

My partner and I LOVE Thai food and this is possibly the best we've had outside Thailand. Cooked freshly, with a lovely coastal view this place is a hidden treasure. Don't be put off by the prices as the quality and size of portions more than justifies it. We ate there twice during our 5 day stay- this is how much we enjoyed it. It might have been more times had we found it on our first day. My mouth is watering thinking of the food!!

1  Thank RubiesRBest

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

We usually experience the delights of Thai Dicq shack at home. We ate out en famille on a warm sunny evening at Le dicq, perfect way to end the day. Service +food good. Lovely to be surrounded by all ages, little ones can play on the beach whilst the adults finish eating, groups of young people meeting up, place was buzzing. We loved it.

1  Thank Penny H
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Wow, , beautiful evening, walked along the beach with my cousin, , stopped at the shack, , it was heaving!! Ordered, and had to wait quite a long time, , but it was lovely, sat on the beach, chatting and watching the tide creep slowly towards us!
When the food came, well, WOW, is all I can say, lovely lovely food, , and I also had the pineapple rice, which has to be the best rice dish I have ever had, ever, , , , I would travel back to Jersey, just to eat there again!

2  Thank Oriel W
Reviewed 19 July 2014

This place is amazing Excellent food at a reasonable price Located on a slipway on a beach. They have several picnic benches for you to sit at when you have ordered your food. You can then purchase some drink at the corner shop which will also give you a couple of paper cups which are free ( wine £5.60 Bottle ) sit at your bench on the beach and enjoy your meal amazing. don't go to late as this place is very popular and it gets very busy and the benches soon fill up. If like us on one evening there was an exceptional high tide and the water came and cooled our feet (shoes off) a great laugh. I wish we had a place like this at home

1  Thank ISCA13
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Hubby and I have just returned from our Jersey hols and visited this restaurant/eatery twice. We thoroughly enjoyed eating a medium red and medium green thai curry served with jasmin sticky rice and on the second visit had the pad thai's........ YUM yum!
Location at dicq is superb (we stumbled on it by accident on a Sunday evening - most other places being closed by 5pm).
It's directly on the beach (so great views) with easy to sit on wooden benches, we quickly bought a cheap but chilled and fruity bottle of wine (as its BYOB) from the corner shop nearby we had a 5* tasty meals. It made us smile and will be memorable for a long time.
The curries were freshly prepared, delivered to the table and thoroughly enjoyed - clean bowls and plates from the both of us.
We would say brill for all the family or a group of friends or just a quick eat out for two.
Just super......Try It