“Would love to be a regular.......”
Review of CocoRico

CocoRico
Ranked #76 of 223 Restaurants in St Helier
Cuisines: French, Cafe, European
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, After-hours, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Boston, Massachusetts
“Would love to be a regular.......”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I hadn't read the restaurant's website carefully, and I took my family there on a Friday evening hoping to have a great dinner. I did not realize that dinners are only by special arrangement. And the owner was busy serving a private party when we arrived. (Dumb tourists, we were!) He could not serve us. But he took pity on us and he did!!! Sebastien is one hard-working master of the kitchen. He made us two delicious strawberry/blueberry crepes with a chocolate sauce that were delicious. And he even let us sample his homemade macaron. (All while serving a large crowd in the back of his restaurant!) Oh, what a delight! We vowed to return and so we did the next day.

Lunch was lovely as well. Our son had a ham and cheese crepe and my husband and I both had the vegetable tarts. The crust of the tarts were buttery and crisp. The two different fillings were seasoned so perfectly. We wanted some side salads and when we hesitated, Sebastien decided that he would give a sampling of them all -- wonderful! The various salads were all delicious and lightly dressed. Coffees were excellent, too. The selection of desserts we ordered only scratched the surface of the variety of tempting pastries in the case. I could have eaten one of each! I want to move to Saint Helier and eat at CocoRico every day.

Sebastien is so hospitable and talented. We wish him great success -- and a chance to rest occasionally.

Sebastien, thank you so much for taking such good care of us during our holiday on Jersey. We shall remember your hospitality and your delicious food forever!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank TFidl

“Lovely ”
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Fabulous for breakfast, kids loved the crepes and the banana bread was scrummy. Only issue we had was that the dot on the Trip advisor map takes you to the Esplanade. Ignore it and go to Broad Street for a great welcome.

1 Thank porterdoc
London
“Délicieux! ”
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

I do believe the first time I tried Coco Rico’s quiche the words ‘I feel like my tongue has just been kissed by angels’ came out of my mouth. So light, utterly delicious and put all other quiches I’ve ever had (and there have been a few) to shame.

Sebastien and his lovely ladies do such a good job here – the quiche incident was my first time at CR two weeks ago but I have since been back for a beautifully prepared mix of their lovely fresh salads and then was treated to a ham and cheese galette on Saturday. The galette actually made me mount the pavement in my car (eating and driving are not my forte, I have discovered) as the cheesy deliciousness was so good I lost myself for a split second and disaster nearly ensued..

All is fine and I will live to have another scrummy Coco Rico delight.....probably tomorrow as I can't stay away!

1 Thank Emily W
St Helier, United Kingdom
“Par excellence”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

CocoRico is quite simply excellent. My wife and I go there for lunch Monday to Friday. This is no normal cafe it has a little sprinkle of magic about it. The owner Sebastien, Sophie and the team are alawys a pleasure with a smile and a friendly word of banter.

If you want baked beans on toast or ham and coleslaw this place if not for you! It is quintessentially French, the food is absolutely scrummy both savory and sweet. The only fault is that it is too small so a little busy at lunchtime, but always worth the queue.

This really is somwhere different, it makes me smile every time I go in there!!

Enjoy - I know you will!

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Don G
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Yummytastic breakfasts 2 days in a row”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

WE found this little cafe by chance trying to find a breakfast / brunch during a minibreak in April 2014. The decor is sweet and cosy and the food is fabulous. I could have tried and eaten more but i might have popped!.My husband had 3 pancakes and i had a white chocolate and berry scone. Both AMAZING and so we returned the next day for our breakfast! It was not too busy at the time we got there and so were able to get a little table in the back. The quirky quaint decor is lovely and i like the little french touches here and there. It had a relaxed atmosphere and staff didn't chivy us out after we ate. The food was fresh and everything looked so moorish! I would thoroughly recommend this little place. Great memories and delicious food. :-)

• Visited April 2014