“Complete waste of £50”

Cuisines: British, Gastropub
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 5 July 2014

This bar has rebranded as Hugo;s . Had Saturday lunch there but wish I hadn't . The service was very slow . Had Jersey black butter gammon. It should have been described as a couple of thin ham slices (Iceland quality ) hidden under 2 over cooked eggs. The desert , mini doughnuts was cooked to order , shame they were only half cooked - disgusting ! We wont be going back there in a hurry

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Having perused the menu before we went in and decided on what we were eating we were offered the spring menu which we ended up choosing from I had chicken stuffed with mozzarella and pepperoni with gnocchi in tomato and basil sauce . My wife had lamb ,crushed potatoes seasonal veg .Both were excellent and very well presented .For pudding she had chocolate orange mousse and I had bakewell tart and custard .again both were above the average and deserved full marks for both taste and presentation .This establishment is highly recommended for both quality and value and friendly staff .

Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

Service was ok we sat outside and was very noisy because of nearby building work. We both had sandwiches which were ok but nothing special and two drinks each total bill was nearly thirty pound. Mmmm quite expensive. But good pint.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Came here for early dinner and had the spring menu, set dinner. Excellent value for money. Only negative was some large groups of noisy people in so couldn't here each other talk. But that was a one off. Would recommend and eat here again

Reviewed 6 May 2014

We were strugg;ling to find someweher to eat on a sunday night in St Helier when we stumbled across this bar/restaurant. Took a chance and I am glad we did.

My main course of mussels were brilliant - but the portion was so huge - I couldn't finish them (always a good sign!). Great service and they knew to warm a cognac glass up as well.