“Super service!!!”

Best Western Royal Hotel
Ranked #9 of 31 Hotels in St Helier
Reviewed 1 May 2014

As a lady travelling solo on business, I had expected to spend my 2-night stay having room service as I usually do, as dining alone in a busy restaurant can often be a little intimidating! However, when checking in I was given a voucher for £5 off a 3-course evening meal in the hotel restaurant. I checked the menu outside the restaurant and that made my mind up on the spot! So I dined solo and was made by all the staff bar none to feel very welcomed and very comfortable. The food was beautiful and the service excellent! Needless to say I have just done the same on my second night and the standards were maintained!

The hotel does have its downsides however. These may seem minor to some but to a business traveller, a stable wi-fi connection in the rooms is a must. Unfortunately it's very hit-and-miss in my room (miss more than hit) so I find myself sitting in the reception foyer writing this. Other than that, my room is spacious and comfortable and, being a smoker, I am happy to have discovered the roof terrace nearby.

So overall, I am very pleased with my experience of the Royal and won't think twice about staying here again if I am travelling in the area.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank Sharm121
ManagerJersey, Manager at Best Western Royal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Thank you for your kind comments and for your custom at our BEST WESTERN Royal Hotel. We are pleased that you would certainly stay with us again. This comment is appreciated.

In respect of our WiFi, we do have a professional system within the hotel. On researching the matter raised, we have found a physical break in a WiFi cable servicing a wing of the hotel. This cable is being replaced in the coming days to bring the service back to the correct level of coverage. We are sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Your comments in respect of our catering and service are much appreciated. Such comments are always encouraging for us and will be conveyed to our team. Thank you.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Stayed here last year for a few nights on business, unfortunately I found the room very dated and there was a strange smell throughout the hotel. The staff were friendly but I just didn't find it a comfortable stay overall.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Christopher M
ManagerJersey, Manager at Best Western Royal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Thank you for your comments following your stay 12 months ago at the BEST WESTERN Royal Hotel. We are pleased that you found our staff friendly.

Our town centre hotel is operated to brand standards and is constantly being updated both in respect of its bedrooms and its public areas. We are a traditional hotel and invest continually into the buildings to ensure that we best meet customer needs.

We are sorry that you felt there was a strange smell. We have not received similar reports though we are always pleased with feedback from guests. Thank you once again.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Mcwilliam R

We stayed at this hotel arrived on 17th April for my birthday the staff are brilliant very friendly and helpful rooms and hotel very clean food fantastic located very close to centre only a short walk quiet at night slept like a baby it was a joy to stay in this hotel when visiting Jersey again will only stay here food was excellent good variety nothing was to much trouble for the staff. room cleaned every day was lovely to come back to this hotel every day atmosphere was excellent staff remembered you don't know how they do it. would definitely recommend staying here.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

I am a Diamond member of the Best Western loyalty card scheme. I have to say that the Best Western Royal Hotel, Jersey is the best Best Western where I have been a guest.

The staff were very attentive and helpful. The food and restaurant are excellent and the roof terrace was a joy to spend time relaxing.

There are several members of staff that stand out as exceptionally helpful and who made my stay a very enjoyable experience.

I was a guest for three months and thoroughly enjoyed my residency.. Thank you Royal Hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms 109 & 127 were fantastic. French doors give direct access to the roof terrace.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Hotel much better than expected - very good room with one of the biggest bathrooms we can recall. Clean towels daily and bed linen every other day. All staff very helpful and friendly - particularly on Reception and the Dining Room. More waiting staff than we are used to and they really tried to make sure your meal was enjoyable. We found the menu very acceptable -plenty of choice and personal attention. (The menu was made even more varied on the last day of our visit to prepare for the 'holiday season'). At breakfast it was possible to have your eggs, kippers, porridge, toast cooked for you individually - to be supplemented by an excellent buffet. We were rather disappointed in St Helier itself'

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We stayed at The Royal for a 4 night break for our wedding anniversary and we can't praise the hotel staff more. They were very attentive, friendly and couldn't do enough for you. They made our stay very memorable. Our room was lovely, clean and spacious and we had access to the terrace which, in the warmer months would definitely be a bonus. The breakfast and evening meals in the restaurant were excellent. There were a variety of meals to suit all tastes and a good selection of wines too. We would definitely recommend this hotel to others and hope to return again in the future.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Everything about this hotel is good. The AA rosette restaurant serves delicious food, the location is perfect for the centre of St Helier, staff are very friendly, making this 5 night break one of the most enjoyable we've had. Plenty to see and do, the buses are a great way of getting around.