“Third return visit”

Best Western Royal Hotel
Ranked #9 of 32 Hotels in St Helier
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We returned for the third time to this wonderful hotel. The staff are friendly and helpful and the atmosphere is welcoming and relaxed. Our room was superb, very clean and well maintained. While the hotel is not on the front it is fairly well placed and convenient for the town centre. We really love the restaurant and stayed half board again. We were not disappointed. The food is superb. Portions are well thought out so that it is comfortable to eat three courses. The quality is really memorable and the variety impressive. The bar is welcoming and very good value for money. The best bitter was the best price I could find in Jersey! It is not a modern building which is very definitely to its advantage. It has character. These people know how to run a really good hotel well. We will almost certainly go back. We do not have a single complaint or niggle. Lovely.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank George B

Reviewed 10 May 2014

This was the most relaxing and enjoyable short break we have ever had.
This hotel was perfectly situated. A short walk to the town centre which was beautiful.
The hotel staff from our initial welcome to our departure were ALL very attentive, polite, helpful and friendly. Nothing was too much trouble.
Food was excellent and varied with generous servings.
Lovely comfortable room, there is nothing to fault. We shall definitely be back again as it's only a short stress free flight from home.
Love it.
Only one minor suggestion to improve things even further. If possible, could hand rails be fitted to the wall on the bath to assist the less agile of us climbing in and out?

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 May 2014

The hotel is well situated in St Helier. It is only 5 minutes walk from the main shopping area. Staff were helpful and friendly and the room was of a good size, clean and had plenty of room for clothes. We ate in both the bar and restaurant and service in both was very good. The menu selection was also varied. Car parking at the rear of the hotel is ideal although a bit of a squeeze. We could not fault this hotel and will stay here when we next visit Jersey. The wifi was very slow in our room but good in the lobby.

Room Tip: We had a room at the front of the hotel which can have some noise from traffic. A swimming pool is a...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 May 2014

As a lady travelling solo on business, I had expected to spend my 2-night stay having room service as I usually do, as dining alone in a busy restaurant can often be a little intimidating! However, when checking in I was given a voucher for £5 off a 3-course evening meal in the hotel restaurant. I checked the menu outside the restaurant and that made my mind up on the spot! So I dined solo and was made by all the staff bar none to feel very welcomed and very comfortable. The food was beautiful and the service excellent! Needless to say I have just done the same on my second night and the standards were maintained!

The hotel does have its downsides however. These may seem minor to some but to a business traveller, a stable wi-fi connection in the rooms is a must. Unfortunately it's very hit-and-miss in my room (miss more than hit) so I find myself sitting in the reception foyer writing this. Other than that, my room is spacious and comfortable and, being a smoker, I am happy to have discovered the roof terrace nearby.

So overall, I am very pleased with my experience of the Royal and won't think twice about staying here again if I am travelling in the area.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank Sharm121
ManagerJersey, Manager at Best Western Royal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Thank you for your kind comments and for your custom at our BEST WESTERN Royal Hotel. We are pleased that you would certainly stay with us again. This comment is appreciated.

In respect of our WiFi, we do have a professional system within the hotel. On researching the matter raised, we have found a physical break in a WiFi cable servicing a wing of the hotel. This cable is being replaced in the coming days to bring the service back to the correct level of coverage. We are sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Your comments in respect of our catering and service are much appreciated. Such comments are always encouraging for us and will be conveyed to our team. Thank you.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Stayed here last year for a few nights on business, unfortunately I found the room very dated and there was a strange smell throughout the hotel. The staff were friendly but I just didn't find it a comfortable stay overall.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Christopher M
ManagerJersey, Manager at Best Western Royal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Thank you for your comments following your stay 12 months ago at the BEST WESTERN Royal Hotel. We are pleased that you found our staff friendly.

Our town centre hotel is operated to brand standards and is constantly being updated both in respect of its bedrooms and its public areas. We are a traditional hotel and invest continually into the buildings to ensure that we best meet customer needs.

We are sorry that you felt there was a strange smell. We have not received similar reports though we are always pleased with feedback from guests. Thank you once again.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Mcwilliam R

We stayed at this hotel arrived on 17th April for my birthday the staff are brilliant very friendly and helpful rooms and hotel very clean food fantastic located very close to centre only a short walk quiet at night slept like a baby it was a joy to stay in this hotel when visiting Jersey again will only stay here food was excellent good variety nothing was to much trouble for the staff. room cleaned every day was lovely to come back to this hotel every day atmosphere was excellent staff remembered you don't know how they do it. would definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I am a Diamond member of the Best Western loyalty card scheme. I have to say that the Best Western Royal Hotel, Jersey is the best Best Western where I have been a guest.

The staff were very attentive and helpful. The food and restaurant are excellent and the roof terrace was a joy to spend time relaxing.

There are several members of staff that stand out as exceptionally helpful and who made my stay a very enjoyable experience.

I was a guest for three months and thoroughly enjoyed my residency.. Thank you Royal Hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms 109 & 127 were fantastic. French doors give direct access to the roof terrace.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business